Name: Jen
Flag: Image
Title: Holiday Spirit
Written for: Ciara (dadgarose)
Rating: FR13 (PG - 13)
Characters: Gibbs, DiNozzo, McGee, Ziva, Abby and Jen
Pairing(s): Tiva with some McAbby friendship

One

Ziva was angry. Three cases in a month that - to her - all seemed to be linked, but no one else saw it. She was searching for the evidence Gibbs would need before he started using words like ‘serial killer’ and ‘MO’. Tony came bounding off the elevator singing, “Deck the Halls” and she really just wanted to deck him. No one could see the connection.

Okay, so the victims were one male and two female. White, Black, Asian. All from different backgrounds, different positions in the Navy and the Marines but they all landed on Ziva’s desk and she knew something was there. She just had to prove her gut to Gibbs.

“Tis the season to be …. Ziva, are you still trying to connect those cases?” Tony asked, spying the files open on her desk.

Staring at the Santa hat on his head, she asked, “Have we found their killer or killers yet, Tony?”

Sighing in defeat, Tony pulled the cap off his head. “Ziva, let’s go for a few minutes into a little place I like to call, The Twilight Zone. Let’s pretend that these cases are related. Why would someone, the same someone, kill all these people?”

Ziva sorted through the photos again, looking for clues. “Something set the killer off. It may not be the victims themselves. It could be something the killer saw right before killing the person.”

“And how are we supposed to know what that is?” Tony wanted to know.

“If I knew that, Tony, I would solve these cases already.” Ziva stood, frustrated with her teammates and herself. As she stepped from behind her desk, she heard Abby and McGee arguing.

“Ziva’s gut is almost as good as Gibbs’, McGee. I think she may be on to something.”

“I think she just wants to work through Christmas.”

“Timothy McGee, you take that back! Ziva would not ruin your Christmas for something stupid.”

“She is right, McGee. I would not.”

McGee looked up at Ziva and stuttered, “I know that, Ziva, um, well, it’s just that not even Gibbs sees the connection here.”

“I do now,” Gibbs announced, coming down the stairs from the director’s office. “We have another body. McGee, get the exact locations of these bodies and map them out. I want to see what that looks like by the time we get back. Tony, grab your gear. Ziva, you’re driving.” Gibbs threw her the keys.

Ziva had the keys and her coat in one hand, her gear in the other and was on the elevator before anyone else. She knew something was going to break this case.

---

Tony stood looking at their second male victim out of the four. He’d been attacked with a screwdriver from the looks of things and he’d obviously lost. Ducky and Palmer were readying him for transport back to autopsy. “Ziva, if we find the killer by Christmas, you have to wear a Santa hat and sing carols with us.”

“Tony, why do you always joke when something serious is going on?” Ziva asked, disgusted with him.

In a rare moment of seriousness, Tony admitted, “It’s a coping mechanism.” Then he smiled at Ziva and she shook her head.

She may not understand him, but he did manage to lighten her mood. She looked around the crime scene and noticed something. “Tony, what does that look like to you?”

Tony looked at the scrap of paper and saw gold scratched off the bottom. “It’s a scratch off lottery ticket.”

Banners and av by me
---
"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC," Rossi added. CM ff "New Guy" by kyrdwyn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:33 pm 
Mossad Liaison Officer

Two

“Four dead bodies, all in the vicinity of convenience stores that sell scratch off lottery tickets,” McGee said, pulling the map of the dump sites up.

“The ticket we found was from a batch sent to a convenience store, five miles away from our last victim. They are sending their surveillance tapes to us now,” Tony reported.

“There is only one store each within five miles of our other three victims. Their bank statements showed they filled up with gas and made other purchases at those stores the day they were killed. Those stores are also sending their footage from right before the murders. Lucky for us, they keep their tapes for a month,” Ziva told Gibbs.

“McGee, you and Abby get on the surveillance tapes as soon as they get in. I want to know everything about everyone who was there when our victims were in the stores.”

“Yes, boss.”

“I’ll be updating the director. DiNozzo, do whatever Ziva needs you to do,” Gibbs said.

Tony was left with his mouth hanging open and Ziva tapped it closed. “So, are you ready to look at the crime scene photos again?”

---

“That was cruel, Jethro,” Jenny commented from behind her desk.

“He didn’t believe in her on this one, Jen.”

“I know, but to have him answer to Ziva?”

“You mean the way I answer to you?” Gibbs came back.

Jenny’s eyebrows shot up. “Tony and Ziva…?

“Let me guess, you have been in DC for so long you don’t recognize sexual tension any more?”

Throwing her pen at him, she said, “Go solve these murders. We have a Santa suit to get you in.”

---

“I told you not to doubt Ziva’s gut, McGee,” Abby lectured as they searched through the security footage from the days of the murders.

“You were right Abby, we just couldn’t see what she knew was there.”

Abby turned away from the plasma and grinned at McGee. When she didn’t say anything, he frowned. “You aren’t going to rub it in that I was wrong?”

“Nope.”

Narrowing his eyes, he asked, “Why not?”

Abby turned back to the plasma. “Because we found the killer.”

---

“Are you sure this is your guy?” the warehouse manger asked, leading Gibbs, Ziva and Tony to the locker room.

“He is the mouse,” Ziva said.

At the manager’s look, Tony explained, “She means rat. She hasn’t quite gotten all the American expressions down yet.”

“Oh!” the manager said, still not sure about these people. “Well, here’s Truman’s locker. Let me know if you need anything.”

Searching the locker, they found the missing scratch-off tickets. Truman came around the corner, saw them looking and took off. Ziva jumped over the bench, cleared the locker room door and was cuffing him before Gibbs and Tony could help at all.

“Those are my tickets. They shouldn’t have taken my tickets.” Truman kept repeating that over and over, not saying anything else. His attorney was contacted and promptly stopped Truman from saying anything else.

Banners and av by me
---
"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC," Rossi added. CM ff "New Guy" by kyrdwyn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:34 pm 
Mossad Liaison Officer

Three

“Ziva, I can’t believe you’re being such a good sport about this,” Abby said, pigtails bouncing under her elf hat, legs encased in striped stockings, green mini-skirt and vest topping the outfit off.

Ziva frowned. “Tony said it was a Santa hat.”

Jenny adjusted her own elf hat and said, “No, Gibbs is Santa, he’s the only one with the Santa hat on.”

“So what are Tony and McGee wearing?” Ziva asked and Abby pointed behind her.

“I really wanted to be Santa Claus this year, Director,” Tony commented in his own elf outfit, complete with green shorts and a short-sleeved shirt.

“Gibbs has more practice Tony,” Jenny said.

“McGee, you’re so adorable in that!” Abby rushed over and hugged him to her. “The kids are going to love you both.”

“Is everyone ready?” Jenny asked, and she led them out the door.

---

At the children’s wing at the hospital, the elves all gathered the children around for Ziva and Tony to read ’Twas the Night Before Christmas. Just as they read, ‘Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night,’ Gibbs walked in the room, saying, “Ho, ho, ho, MERRY CHRISTMAS!”

He took his place in Santa’s chair and listened to each child that took the time to sit on his lap. He kissed every cheek that was near him and his eyes teared up as he saw some of the children with only their favorite blanket by their side. He signaled for his elves and the packages were brought in and passed around. Every child got a gift that night. And in each gift, at least one of the items they’d just asked Santa for was in the box. They all giggled and shouted, “Thank you Santa”, when he stood to make one last round of hugs before going to see the other good little boys and girls around the world. He waved goodbye and left. Seeing the happy expressions on their faces put joy in his heart year after year that had been missing since Shannon and Kelly had died.

The elves helped the nursing staff get the children back to their rooms and settled in for the night with their newest goodies. As they passed the nurses station, Abby nodded at McGee. Pretending to trip over his elf shoes and nearly succeeding, McGee bumped into Ziva and she made an “oomph” sound.

“Look you two, you’re standing under mistletoe!” Abby exclaimed, beaming at them.

“And?” Ziva asked.

Tony grinned, intending to take full advantage of this moment even if Ziva hurt him after. “And it’s tradition that if you are caught under it, you kiss the person you’re standing with.”

Ziva looked skeptical as Tony moved closed to her. “You’re going to kiss me?” she queried.

Tony wrapped his hand around the back of her neck and pulled her to him. “And you’re going to kiss me back.”

His lips touched Ziva’s softly, and then pressed down as he felt her raise up into the kiss. Each wanting a bit more, they opened and tasted, caressing only their mouths but feeling it all over. By the time the kiss was over, Abby and McGee looked as stunned as Tony and Ziva did.

One nurse fanned herself and said, “I think you just put all the other kisses under that sprig to shame!”

Ziva smiled and winked at Tony. “This holiday spirit, I like it.”

The End

Banners and av by me
---

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:14 pm 
Director's Secretary

Title: Gabby-girl
I love you. :smitten: :elf: :smitten:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:36 pm 
Mossad Liaison Officer

:blush: :romance-kisscheek: :smitten: I love you too my lovely! :-*

Banners and av by me
---

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:41 pm 
Director's Secretary

I have no idea how I could have done last year's SeSa without your help. *shakes head* You are brilliant! :yes:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:00 pm 
Mossad Liaison Officer

You would have done just fine. You masterminded it! ;D I enjoyed helping. :)

Banners and av by me
---

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:20 pm 
Director's Secretary

No I wouldn't have. I was going crazy at that point and you finished this soooo smoothly and quickly and so well. I couldn't possibly have written anything anywhere as useful in so short a time. *hugs*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:24 pm 
Mossad Liaison Officer

*hugs* :) Thank you my lovely. :-* Thank you. ;)

Banners and av by me
---