All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:15 pm 
Administrator

Title: Goddess of Gab
Name: Barbara
link: Author Board
link: Story Board Profile
Very sad, but very good. It rings true.

You should definitely write the Gibbs POV follow-up.

Post subject: Re: The Long Goodbye
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:31 pm 
Senior Field Agent

YOU HAVE TO WRITE THE GIBBS' FOLLOW-UP! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease. This is an order.

Because this story was good, despite it being so short, but that made it ALL THE MORE of a kick in the gut. I want to say poor Tony, because he's dead, but really I'm thinking poor McGee and Ziva, and everybody else and their grief over having lost a good friend.

And bless Tim, him seeing Tony afraid and knowing Tony died afraid, and that was the last thing he felt. Not peace or calmness or comfort or love, but raw fear. And that, my friend, rips my soul out. Because someone like Tony should never deserve that kind of death. No one should, really.

And Ziva. Being strong, as always. Seeing the weird poetry in Tony's death. Nothing but planet earth could kill him. Even though in reality his death was incredible innocuous... a careless step and a loss of balance.

Anyway... :( Now I'm sad. But thoughtful... Thinking of the implications.

Thanks for sharing. Really liked this story the first time I read it, but liked it even more the second time.

(I'm waiting for that Gibbs' pov version..........)

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:19 pm 
Intel Analyst

Name: Shay
link: Dreamwidth Journal
Gah, this stabbed me in the heart. I can see Ziva and Tim trying to fuck their grief away in this manner. It's raw, it's heart-wrenching, it's desperate, it's eye-watering and my eyes are definitely watery. God I hate death fics just because most people who attempt death fics write them so well and they make me cry. So glad I didn't read this earlier today or I'd have been crying while working. Great story, very sad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:18 pm 
Team Leader

Title: Kibbs Addict
Name: Sarah
Aliases: sarahflute, sarah-flute, Floot, tiggrie, kassipoeg
link: fanfiction.net
link: AO3
link: NFA storyboard
K9Lasko wrote:
And bless Tim, him seeing Tony afraid and knowing Tony died afraid, and that was the last thing he felt. Not peace or calmness or comfort or love, but raw fear. And that, my friend, rips my soul out. Because someone like Tony should never deserve that kind of death. No one should, really.

Yeah, that was really evil of me/my muse... one of those things where I read it back and went ouch, that's awful. But it really fitted the story. No one should die that way.

I keep saying to myself I'd respond to feedback when I was less shattered, and it keeps not happening, so I'm responding despite not really having the brainpower to do so in depth. Thanks all for reading - and for not being out for my blood :kisscheek: So weird, this story, the basic idea of it has been sitting round for so long, and then the other day my muse was just like, OKAY, BE DEPRESSED BY MY EVILOCITY.

I have had a few ideas on the Gibbs followup... at the moment I'm just letting it simmer.

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:04 pm 
Intel Analyst

flootzavut wrote:
K9Lasko wrote:

Yeah, that was really evil of me/my muse... one of those things where I read it back and went ouch, that's awful. But it really fitted the story. No one should die that way.

I keep saying to myself I'd respond to feedback when I was less shattered, and it keeps not happening, so I'm responding despite not really having the brainpower to do so in depth. Thanks all for reading - and for not being out for my blood :kisscheek: So weird, this story, the basic idea of it has been sitting round for so long, and then the other day my muse was just like, OKAY, BE DEPRESSED BY MY EVILOCITY.

I have had a few ideas on the Gibbs followup... at the moment I'm just letting it simmer.

I would never be out for blood for a writer being led by their muse. I think at some point, we may all write something that someone is going to hate us for and we just have to not care. If there's a story in you, get it out. Simple as that. Besides, we all can choose not to read a story if we don't like the summary/description. :hug2col:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:00 pm 
Senior Field Agent

*cuddles the Tony*

:lol2:

He's not safe from any of us.

Oh yeah, I've gotten in trouble for killing him in at least one violent way. Somebody schooled me on correctly labeling the story. I say.... to each their own.

(and yesssssssss. I cannot wait for the Gibbs followup. :madhop: But by all means, let it simmer. Sometimes that is required for greatness. :yes: )

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:29 am 
MTAC Technician

Name: Mad
My word this is dark…that’s by no means a bad thing because what you’re dealing with is loss, deep, raw and perhaps never ending. I joined Ziva in finding the tiny comfort that it took planet Earth to defeat Tony, but oh dear what a tragedy and Tim’s fear that he’ll never forget Tony’s look of terror…haunting. Wonderfully conceived and executed. :clap:

Banner by the brilliant McSidekick146. Thank you Jennifer!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:00 pm 
Team Leader

Thanks, Mad! I meant to put in the summary that I was partly inspired by you having Ducky comment that Tony was a hard man to kill. I had it in mind when Ziva thought that about it taking a planet to defeat the man.

I think my muse was in a real emo mood that day - at the moment most of what I write seems to either be very dark or very smutty :th_uhoh2: but I was pretty pleased with this, in a sick kinda way ;)

The title comes from a phrase that's often used for Alzheimer's disease - called the long goodbye, because people gradually lose their personality and character and cognitive functions. It seemed appropriate to how difficult it would be to accept Tony's loss - if they ever did.

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:37 pm 
Team Leader

I'm not doing very well with posting things here on the forum, but Gibbs' POV followup now exists to make you more depressed.

At some point I'll do all the necessaries to get it posted here, but if you just. can't. wait. to read me being horrible to Gibbs, too, then it's up on FFN and http://archiveofourown.org/works/4553136/ < there.

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:14 pm 
Senior Field Agent

No. No, you didn't.

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:35 pm 
Team Leader

To quote the Doctor. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. For what it's worth, it was achingly hard to write. 'S why it took me so long.
Image <- me running away... sorreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:45 pm 
Senior Field Agent

NO YOU DIDN'T.

I just read it. UGHHH. The feels. Trying to form words.... and stuff..... but..... Too many feelings.

I don't want to imagine our poor Tony all splat after falling from the roof. NOOOOOOOOO.

And Ducky. He's awesome.

(but LOL @ that smiley btw.)

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:08 pm 
Intel Analyst

Just read this. You know, I kinda love you and kinda hate you for this story all at once. I love you because your writing is so awesome and you capture emotion so amazingly well that I am in permanent envy of your writing skills. I strive one day to be half as good.

But I kind of hate you because you killed Tony. At the same time, I love how you captured their grief. I can imagine all of them reacting this way. It's sooo in character in every way and I kind of love you for having such a good grip on their characters that this feels like a natural response to grief. Losing Tony would be horrible.

At the same time, I'm really grateful you didn't write Abby's point of view. I can't help but think she'd make it all about her and take away from the others' grief and the others would feel like they had to be strong for her when they're not even strong for themselves.

I didn't read the Gibbs chapter as Tibbs at all. Felt too familial but not in a romantic sense but it was perfect as is. Gibbs blaming himself is so heart-rendering. It totally wasn't his fault and you're left hoping he will understand that at some point.

And okay, I don't hate you for killing Tony but argh!

You still need a :gibbssmack: for killing Tony!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:08 am 
Team Leader

Finally more posted here on the forum.

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:58 pm 
Intel Analyst

I take back what I originally said about Abby. You nailed it in a thousand ways and I could see her reacting that way and it wasn't all about her, even though it sorta was, it was in a way that was completely believable and understandable. Brilliant. I'd go so far to say bloody brilliant!

But I'm still kinda mad at you for killing Tony.

I love you more for creating such an amazing story. I guess I have one for noms in the horror/death fic/whatever the other one was category.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:20 pm 
Team Leader

:blush: ;D

This is actually only eligible as a WIP this year, as it didn't get a 3rd chapter before the 31st (and might eventually get a fourth, though that's another story!), but I'm glad you liked it enough to want to nominate it. Next year maybe!

I'm thrilled that you actually liked the Abby chapter, because I know she's not exactly your favourite :shocked: So I feel like I've really done something right when it was in character for you but you still liked it. If that makes sense. Blah. Hopefully you understand what I mean even if my ability to English appears to have gone down the toilet :th_uhoh2:

It's funny how the seed of this story has been sitting around for so. damn. long. (Tim, Ziva, dead!Tony) and then suddenly it's got three chapters. My muse is so weird.

And I'm sorry for killing the Tony. Poor boy. On the plus side, I did also let him have sex/have had sex with three different characters last year and flirt reasonably successfully with Ziva :th_uhoh2: that's got to count for something, right?? :rofl:

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:39 pm 
Intel Analyst

No, Abby is definitely not my favorite but I no longer snarl in disgust whenever I think about her since I finally wrote a Dog Tags episode tag that I feel is realistic and brings about a mostly satisfactory ending to the story that makes me not completely hate her so it makes reading other stories she's in much easier and I can appreciate her character without the lens of Abby disgust. Yours just happened to be the first I read since I finished my Dog Tags story.

But yeah, you did it right and it's great. I'm a little bummed about the nom though but oh well. I know of another story I liked a lot, just have to find it again.