PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:52 am 
Director

Title: Gibbs' Gal forever
Name: Patsy
Aliases: pattywatty
link: My Author Board
link: My Fanfic.net
Flag: Image
A case involving an evangelical Christian Congresswoman and her dead Petty Officer daughter brings Team Gibbs into the so-called 'evangelical Christian subculture', a culture within a culture, complete with its own music and entertainment options, and megachurches that offer a myriad of opportunities - and harbor their own secrets and mysteries. Stereotypes are not always reality, and as the case evolves the team finds that those involved are more human, and like them, than their limited knowledge gleaned from teleevangelists, Amy Grant, Tim Tebow and what DiNozzo calls 'movies so bad they're good'. The case forces the team members to face their own thoughts on religion and faith, and what they believe and why. Can be set in any season, from 1 through 11.

Authors note, may I say that this prompt, was of a slight touchy subject. As they always say, 3 things not to talk about in the “pub,” are sex, politics and religion. These three topics will always cause a heated argument, and as someone who comes from a “Country” Scotland, who has seen from afar, the religious bigotry and strife that certain branches of “Christianity” have caused. Luckily through in the East of Scotland we have never had the troubles that the West have had, being so close to the politically and religiously, divided island of Ireland. Again, apart from one attack by Islamic terrorists at Glasgow airport in 2007, and if you wish to count the Lockerbie bombing of 1988, then Scotland has not seen the terrorist activities or religious activities that my neighbours across the border in England have seen and had to deal with.
I know that this story will probably upset a few people, and for this I apologise in advance. But the story was a challenge, and I hope that I have not been too biased in my writing. Most of the ideas in my story can be found on various websites and I hope I have not been biased to any one religion. Oh yes I have sat through on the hard Presbyterian pews listening to the person next to me snoring and the smell of peppermints………….
I don’t as a rule read slash, so I have made this 18 for the religious content, so please if you read you do so at your own risk, but I would appreciate a comment of some description, good or bad.

And it maybe found on my own authors board Devout Doubts

ImageImageImage

sig by McMhuirich thank you

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:00 pm 
Director

Title: Gibbs' Gal forever
Name: Patsy
Aliases: pattywatty
link: My Author Board
link: My Fanfic.net
Flag: Image
Got good review on ffnet so don't offend nice to see people accept out of ordinary

ImageImageImage

sig by McMhuirich thank you

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:08 pm 
MTAC Technician

Name: Brian
link: Fan Fiction dot net profile
link: Archive of Our Own
I'm glad for you Pat - you never know what the reviewers are going to say.

For my stories, please click on my author page.