NFA Community Forums
http://forum.nfacommunity.com/

12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.
http://forum.nfacommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=1153&t=13368
Page 4 of 4

Author:  K9Lasko [ Mon May 18, 2015 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

smackalicious wrote:
That's exactly what I was thinking, Sarah. Turn it into something Vibbs. It could be like that AU with the single dad hires hot babysitter thing, except I don't know if I'd call Gibbs a "hot babysitter." :lol2:

This is the sort of thing to expect from me, people, in case you hadn't figured it out already. ;D

This just gave me a wild Tibbs thought. Damn it.

Author:  flootzavut [ Mon May 18, 2015 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Oh, he's great with kids (Gibbs' way with children is maybe his most easily loveable attribute) it's just that 'babysitter' conjures up an image in my head of a cute teenaged girl with pigtails and braces... and my brain being what it is tries to give Gibbs pigtails and it's all downhill from there :rofl:

I'll leave you with that thought ;D :offtobed: sorry/not sorry :evillaugh:

Author:  thecookiemomma [ Mon May 18, 2015 8:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

K9Lasko wrote:
smackalicious wrote:
That's exactly what I was thinking, Sarah. Turn it into something Vibbs. It could be like that AU with the single dad hires hot babysitter thing, except I don't know if I'd call Gibbs a "hot babysitter." :lol2:

This is the sort of thing to expect from me, people, in case you hadn't figured it out already. ;D

This just gave me a wild Tibbs thought. Damn it.


Wrestle that wild Tibbs thought, PR, and go for it?

Author:  smackalicious [ Mon May 18, 2015 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

K9Lasko wrote:
smackalicious wrote:
That's exactly what I was thinking, Sarah. Turn it into something Vibbs. It could be like that AU with the single dad hires hot babysitter thing, except I don't know if I'd call Gibbs a "hot babysitter." :lol2:

This is the sort of thing to expect from me, people, in case you hadn't figured it out already. ;D

This just gave me a wild Tibbs thought. Damn it.


WRITE ALL THE SLASH! LOL.

And that was the same mental picture in my head, Sarah. I don't think anybody wants to see that...

Author:  flootzavut [ Tue May 19, 2015 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

I don't know, I think Mark Harmon would look cute in pigtails :lol2:

Author:  PhoenixRising [ Tue May 19, 2015 12:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

flootzavut wrote:
I don't know, I think Mark Harmon would look cute in pigtails :lol2:


:inquisitive:

:backwards:

:thud:

Dear God, I thought my existing nightmares were bad.

Author:  flootzavut [ Tue May 19, 2015 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I suppose now's not the time to mention that I put him and Joe Spano's heads in the ugly sisters one Christmas, then? ;D

Author:  DNAchemLia [ Tue May 19, 2015 1:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm staying out of this conversation!

Author:  akaeve [ Tue May 19, 2015 1:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

flootzavut wrote:
:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I suppose now's not the time to mention that I put him and Joe Spano's heads in the ugly sisters one Christmas, then? ;D

I did that one year but it was Tony and Tim

Author:  PhoenixRising [ Tue May 19, 2015 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Okay up to now, I had considered Lia to be the kookiest person on this forum but after this, I am now thinking Sarah could give her a run for her money and I am NOT going to place that bet, just gonna enjoy the fun. :rofl:

Author:  smackalicious [ Tue May 19, 2015 6:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Clearly you've missed some of my crack!fics, then. ;D I vote you go read Everybody Needs Somebody Sometimes, then see how you feel. ;D

Author:  PhoenixRising [ Tue May 19, 2015 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Okay, forum-wide competition for kookiest member. Go!

I've already lost this one.

Author:  DNAchemLia [ Tue May 19, 2015 7:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Me? Kooky? Nah. Morbid and creepifying? :evillaugh: :lol2:

Author:  thecookiemomma [ Tue May 19, 2015 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Kookiest? That's really difficult. Do you pick the person with the quirkiest humor? (Which may very well be Patsy.) Do you pick the person who writes super crazy crack!fic? (Sherry does, as do a couple other people.) Do you pick someone who makes silly fanart? (Like myself and Sarah, as well as others.) Or, do you pick those who write horror-inspiring fic? (Like Lia and maybe a couple others.)

So, unless 'kooky' is a technical term, I have no clue how to judge that, LOL.

Author:  smackalicious [ Tue May 19, 2015 7:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

We're all weirdos here. ;D Sara and I both like random pairings, too. And I'm really good at coming up with random pairing names. Threesomes are particularly fun to come up with names for.

Author:  iheartGibbs [ Tue May 19, 2015 7:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

I write silly crack fic. Come on; I wrote Ziva as a cat. :yes: :-/

Author:  DNAchemLia [ Tue May 19, 2015 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Image

;D

Author:  Enthusiastic Fish [ Tue May 19, 2015 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

I've written some crack!fics, but I don't think I'm the kookiest.

Just insane. :yes:

Author:  akaeve [ Wed May 20, 2015 3:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

thecookiemomma wrote:
Kookiest? That's really difficult. Do you pick the person with the quirkiest humor? (Which may very well be Patsy.)
So, unless 'kooky' is a technical term, I have no clue how to judge that, LOL.


WOW ;D I think I probably am in a way, I mean who else could take a dead body and make haggis. I thank you momma for the nomination , and thank my brain for sometimes being active.

Author:  akaeve [ Wed May 20, 2015 4:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Image

Cookie

Author:  flootzavut [ Wed May 20, 2015 6:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

DNAchemLia wrote:
Image

;D

ACCURATE.

Author:  PhoenixRising [ Wed May 20, 2015 9:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Kooky isn't a technical term (that I know of), to me it simply means goofy which I love since it makes me laugh and I need all the laughs I can get since I live so deep in my head all the time. Just imagining Gibbs in pigtails was the kookiest thing I've seen in a really, really long time. It made me laugh so hard I cried. Thus, kooky. It was also kind of creepy at the same time which made me think of Lia and well, it kinda snowballed from there. I guess we're all a little kooky, which is a good thing.

Author:  flootzavut [ Wed May 20, 2015 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

I'm really glad it made you laugh ;D ;D ;D

Author:  DNAchemLia [ Wed May 20, 2015 1:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

We're creepy and We're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
We're all together ooky,
The NFA Family.

;D

Author:  akaeve [ Wed May 20, 2015 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Adams family. ...

Author:  PhoenixRising [ Wed May 20, 2015 2:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

DNAchemLia wrote:
We're creepy and We're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
We're all together ooky,
The NFA Family.

;D


To quote one of my favorite Brits, "That's bloody brilliant!"

Author:  DNAchemLia [ Wed May 20, 2015 4:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

It just popped into my head :lol2:

Author:  flootzavut [ Wed May 20, 2015 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

:rofl: I love it, Lia ;D ;D ;D

Author:  Ceridwen [ Mon May 25, 2015 12:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Okay.... I know it's nearly a week since the finale so I know I'm really late with my thoughts, but hey ho!

I really didn't get that excited about this finale - it was almost like GG didn't really know where he was going with this storyline. The idea was an intriguing one - using kids to pull terrorist attacks, but somehow it just didn't spark with me.

I'm glad that they didn't go overboard with potential McGee survivor guilt over Ned - I know some people were hoping for that, but I just don't trust GG to pull off something like that based on what I've seen in the past few seasons (band-aid for scary abdominal injury anyone?).

While I can see what they were trying to do with the old Mike Franks stuff - giving a ghostly form to Gibbs's own gut, I am totally fed up with seeing Ghost! Franks, and feel totally underwhelmed in knowing that he will probably be haunting us all again in the next season opener. I wish they had gone with a ghost Ned instead - a bit like when Kate was haunting them at the start of season 3. Now that would have been cool!

Do I think that Gibbs is dead? Nah - he'll just need a band-aid, then take down 'The Calling' single handed in the space of the season opener - saving all of the brainwashed kids at the same time. That's a GG resolution if ever there was one!

Author:  akaeve [ Mon May 25, 2015 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Quote:
Do I think that Gibbs is dead? Nah - he'll just need a band-aid,


Good one

Author:  flootzavut [ Mon May 25, 2015 12:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Ceridwen wrote:
Do I think that Gibbs is dead? Nah - he'll just need a band-aid, then take down 'The Calling' single handed in the space of the season opener - saving all of the brainwashed kids at the same time. That's a GG resolution if ever there was one!

I snorted :lol2:

Also, I'd forgotten how weird and funny this thread had got. I'm still waiting on Sherry's sitcom with Gibbs as Vance's nanny :yes: ;D

Author:  K-Gibbs [ Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to canon, this makes Gibbs' fifth GSW injury, correct? He was shot pre-series in Positano (apparently not that bad if a week later he could do the horizontal polka with Jenny!), shot in the upper chest near his shoulder on Bete Noire, grazed on the head and the hand in Dagger, and then hit in the arm on Life Before His Eyes. And now the knee and chest, certainly his worst injury to date.

Ceridwen wrote:
I'm glad that they didn't go overboard with potential McGee survivor guilt over Ned - I know some people were hoping for that, but I just don't trust GG to pull off something like that based on what I've seen in the past few seasons (band-aid for scary abdominal injury anyone?).



Do you mean McGee getting the glass and passing out after the explosion on the S12 Premiere? Or something else?

Author:  akaeve [ Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

we got the season finale last night, and after reading all the reviews etc etc, I was more interested in seeing Gibbs' (MH) belly and blue knickers....

Author:  Miss_Barbara [ Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Sometimes i feel like they should rename the show NCIS:Gibbs.
While he is the lead i feel like they neglect the other characters to much. I honestly don't remember seeing Bishop.

Gibbs isn't going to die, of course he isn't. I do think how ever that Weatherly would make a great series lead. But this is law enforcement fantasy and Gibbs is never going to retire.

Onto season 13.

Author:  Miss_Barbara [ Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Oh i forgot: Why kill Franks and keep bringing him back?

Author:  PhoenixRising [ Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Miss_Barbara wrote:
Oh i forgot: Why kill Franks and keep bringing him back?


I've wondered the same thing. His death was pointless. Franks is kind of a jerk so I like him as ghost!Franks better than live!Franks, but the ghost theme is a little tiresome now.

Author:  akaeve [ Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

PhoenixRising wrote:
Miss_Barbara wrote:
Oh i forgot: Why kill Franks and keep bringing him back?


I've wondered the same thing. His death was pointless. Franks is kind of a jerk so I like him as ghost!Franks better than live!Franks, but the ghost theme is a little tiresome now.

Maybe it is Gibbs' conscience, I mean we have Shannon and Kelly coming back. Conscience maybe as in guilt.............just as always IMO, my thoughts. As Dr Taft says in the future (so spoiler )

Spoiler:
Life threw you a major-league curve. You have a lot of support, but at the end of the day, when your head hits the pillow, it's just you. Admitting at least that much might be half the battle. Everybody's afraid of something. Even the great Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

Author:  DeepBlueJoy [ Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

Miss_Barbara wrote:
Sometimes i feel like they should rename the show NCIS:Gibbs.
While he is the lead i feel like they neglect the other characters to much. I honestly don't remember seeing Bishop.

Gibbs isn't going to die, of course he isn't. I do think how ever that Weatherly would make a great series lead. But this is law enforcement fantasy and Gibbs is never going to retire.

Onto season 13.


I think that may be one of the reasons Weatherly's leaving the show. He has no future beyond doing the same thing over and over. If I were him and I knew I wouldn't become teamleader because Gibbs won't be retiring, or because if he does, he's got other plans for teamleader; that would make me leave.

I really think that's actually a large problem with the writing of the show. It's so very Gibbs centric that no one else can be allowed any real story lines... or onscreen joy. Any happy storyline would require focus on someone else. I'm not sure there's any chance of that. Vance was widowed, but we don't really see much of his life post widowhood except for the stupid little babysitter storyline.

This is supposed to be an ensemble show, but they can't seem to let it be that.

In the last few years especially, 80% of the personal stories are about Gibbs. 8% are about Dinozzo, 7% about McGee and the remaining percents everyone else. (note that Ziva doesn't count as a storyline toward her own percent if it involves Dinozzo.)

The ratio has also gone down for everyone else in the last couple of years.

I finally figured out why they swapped Ziva for Bishop. Ziva had a personality. To upstage Gibbs. Even Bishop's personal life became a contrived opportunity for Gibbs to show up at her family home. In Oklahoma! Really?

The show will ends when Gibbs dies or he somehow is 'healed' enough to have a happy ending (probably marrying some woman who's either (a) improbably younger than him and willing to raise a family with an aging cop on a cop's salary OR (b) someone who's older, but improbably beautiful and has grown children (one of them a daughter just the right age) and she gives him 'grandchildren'.

Author:  DeepBlueJoy [ Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

PhoenixRising wrote:
Miss_Barbara wrote:
Oh i forgot: Why kill Franks and keep bringing him back?


I've wondered the same thing. His death was pointless. Franks is kind of a jerk so I like him as ghost!Franks better than live!Franks, but the ghost theme is a little tiresome now.


I miss Franks. I liked him. I liked his Jerkiness. He cut through the BS. :dancing:

Author:  DeepBlueJoy [ Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

akaeve wrote:
Maybe it is Gibbs' conscience, I mean we have Shannon and Kelly coming back. Conscience maybe as in guilt.............just as always IMO, my thoughts. As Dr Taft says in the future (so spoiler )

Spoiler:
Life threw you a major-league curve. You have a lot of support, but at the end of the day, when your head hits the pillow, it's just you. Admitting at least that much might be half the battle. Everybody's afraid of something. Even the great Leroy Jethro Gibbs.


I think the last couple of years of the series are so Gibbs can be seen to be 'working through' his pain... that way when they give him a 'happy ending' it isn't quite so unbelievable. Thus Cyril Taft's entire existence. The hair style change... the sudden personality change to 'dealing with unwillingly' instead of 'ignoring with alcohol and boatbuilding' -- of grief, hurt and life's major traumas, something they've piled onto him to a degree that would break anyone but super!Gibbs.

I think he's become Gibbs Sue. If I were any other actor... on the show, I might have difficulty with this.

Author:  akaeve [ Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

DeepBlueJoy wrote:
Miss_Barbara wrote:
Sometimes i feel like they should rename the show NCIS:Gibbs.
While he is the lead i feel like they neglect the other characters to much. I honestly don't remember seeing Bishop.

Gibbs isn't going to die, of course he isn't. I do think how ever that Weatherly would make a great series lead. But this is law enforcement fantasy and Gibbs is never going to retire.

Onto season 13.


I think that may be one of the reasons Weatherly's leaving the show. He has no future beyond doing the same thing over and over. If I were him and I knew I wouldn't become teamleader because Gibbs won't be retiring, or because if he does, he's got other plans for teamleader; that would make me leave.

I really think that's actually a large problem with the writing of the show. It's so very Gibbs centric that no one else can be allowed any real story lines... or onscreen joy. Any happy storyline would require focus on someone else. I'm not sure there's any chance of that. Vance was widowed, but we don't really see much of his life post widowhood except for the stupid little babysitter storyline.

This is supposed to be an ensemble show, but they can't seem to let it be that.

In the last few years especially, 80% of the personal stories are about Gibbs. 8% are about Dinozzo, 7% about McGee and the remaining percents everyone else. (note that Ziva doesn't count as a storyline toward her own percent if it involves Dinozzo.)

The ratio has also gone down for everyone else in the last couple of years.

I finally figured out why they swapped Ziva for Bishop. Ziva had a personality. To upstage Gibbs. Even Bishop's personal life became a contrived opportunity for Gibbs to show up at her family home. In Oklahoma! Really?

The show will ends when Gibbs dies or he somehow is 'healed' enough to have a happy ending (probably marrying some woman who's either (a) improbably younger than him and willing to raise a family with an aging cop on a cop's salary OR (b) someone who's older, but improbably beautiful and has grown children (one of them a daughter just the right age) and she gives him 'grandchildren'.

yeahhhh that is what I write.

Author:  akaeve [ Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

DeepBlueJoy wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
Miss_Barbara wrote:
Oh i forgot: Why kill Franks and keep bringing him back?


I've wondered the same thing. His death was pointless. Franks is kind of a jerk so I like him as ghost!Franks better than live!Franks, but the ghost theme is a little tiresome now.


I miss Franks. I liked him. I liked his Jerkiness. He cut through the BS. :dancing:

I like Mike too, he is a good character to write about.

Author:  Shywriter [ Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

DeepBlueJoy wrote:
Miss_Barbara wrote:
Sometimes i feel like they should rename the show NCIS:Gibbs.
While he is the lead i feel like they neglect the other characters to much. I honestly don't remember seeing Bishop.

Gibbs isn't going to die, of course he isn't. I do think how ever that Weatherly would make a great series lead. But this is law enforcement fantasy and Gibbs is never going to retire.

Onto season 13.


I think that may be one of the reasons Weatherly's leaving the show. He has no future beyond doing the same thing over and over. If I were him and I knew I wouldn't become teamleader because Gibbs won't be retiring, or because if he does, he's got other plans for teamleader; that would make me leave.

I really think that's actually a large problem with the writing of the show. It's so very Gibbs centric that no one else can be allowed any real story lines... or onscreen joy. Any happy storyline would require focus on someone else. I'm not sure there's any chance of that. Vance was widowed, but we don't really see much of his life post widowhood except for the stupid little babysitter storyline.

This is supposed to be an ensemble show, but they can't seem to let it be that.

In the last few years especially, 80% of the personal stories are about Gibbs. 8% are about Dinozzo, 7% about McGee and the remaining percents everyone else. (note that Ziva doesn't count as a storyline toward her own percent if it involves Dinozzo.)

The ratio has also gone down for everyone else in the last couple of years.

I finally figured out why they swapped Ziva for Bishop. Ziva had a personality. To upstage Gibbs. Even Bishop's personal life became a contrived opportunity for Gibbs to show up at her family home. In Oklahoma! Really?

The show will ends when Gibbs dies or he somehow is 'healed' enough to have a happy ending (probably marrying some woman who's either (a) improbably younger than him and willing to raise a family with an aging cop on a cop's salary OR (b) someone who's older, but improbably beautiful and has grown children (one of them a daughter just the right age) and she gives him 'grandchildren'.


Random reaction thought I had to this: Gibbs could have had his happy ending, and we would have had happier agents, actors, and writing, if they just would have let Gibbs and Hollis stay together. :yes:

;D

Author:  flootzavut [ Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

I honestly wasn't fond of Hollis at all. She had an issue that IMO is (sadly) a common issue on NCIS when it comes to how they write women; manipulative, too often whiny. Hollis is probably the best love interest they've given him, admittedly, but it's a best of a bad bunch choice to me :-/

(I'd have liked them to have let Gibbs retire but be basically a pain in the butt to a Tony-led team...)

Author:  PhoenixRising [ Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 12.24 - Neverland - Discussion and Live Viewing.

DeepBlueJoy wrote:
Maybe they'll kill off Bishop (just as she's become a bit more tolerable) and bring Ziva back for the (hopefully) final season...

That would screw up Tony's love life!


This post became almost weirdly prophetic. It kinda hit close to home, only one season later.

In case anyone has trouble remembering, as I did, Gibbs' was shot in the left knee. I needed to know that for my WEE story. For some reason, it was like a mental block remembering.

Page 4 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/