NFA Community Forums

NCIS Fanfiction Addiction Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:35 am 
Director's Secretary

Name: Blue
link: Blue's Stories
link: Blue's AO3
Welcome!!!

This is my little 'nook' (or lair, depends on the day!) Not sure what is gonna happen here, but anything goes as long as we're all nice to each other.

Agreement is not a requirement, but civility is. I don't care if you swear, but if you swear AT me or anyone else having a discussion, you will not be welcome.

I can and will express opinions on whatever matters on any given moment and encourage folk to do the same.

Favorite fandoms are NCIS, NCIS-LA, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Stargate, Criminal Minds, CSI-NY, Harry Potter and just about anything else that is sci-fi/supernatural/fantasy or police procedural.

This little tea room will mostly focus on writing and fandoms, but feel free to digress.

I'm a little bit interested in just about everything (with the possible exceptions of bookkeeping and filing)

Loves: Fanfic. Writing. Reading (duh!) Horses. Music. Cycling. Medicine and health care. Photography. Hindi movies.... and many, many, many other things. Live and let live. Taking things one day at a time. Free expression. I'll defend your right to say stuff I abhor. I do expect you to say it civilly if you want to be around me, however.

Hates: Bigots. Narrow minded people. Haters.

Rating is set at 18 because nothing's off limits, not because there are any grand plans to create a den of iniquity.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:17 am 
Director's Secretary

Name: Jennie (please NOT Jen)
link: Blog
link: First Novel
Tea! *perks up* Did somebody say tea? :)

What are your favorite kinds of tea?

Stunning banner by Rose Malmaison

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:20 am 
Director

Title: Gibbs' Gal forever
Name: Patsy
Aliases: pattywatty
link: My Author Board
link: My Fanfic.net
Flag: Image
:wavingyellow: tea I'm a green tea gal as well as cranberry or fruit but green tea and cranberry good. Now and again partial to a glass or two of wine.

ImageImageImage

sig by McMhuirich thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:21 am 
Team Leader

Title: Kibbs Addict
Name: Sarah
Aliases: sarahflute, sarah-flute, Floot, tiggrie, kassipoeg
link: fanfiction.net
link: AO3
link: NFA storyboard
DeepBlueJoy wrote:
Rating is set at 18 because nothing's off limits, not because there are any grand plans to create a den of iniquity.

:lol2: I outright sniggered :evillaugh:

Congrats on the new author forum ;D

My favourite kind of tea if we are talking strictly the stuff that is made from camellia sinensis (spelling?) would have to be white tea with vanilla :yes:

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:56 am 
Medical Examiner

Title: Mom, reader, writer, artist, poet. Tibbs Maven.
Name: Sara
Aliases: thecookiemomma, sunsaralyn
link: My personal LJ
link: My DA (for FanArt and poetry)
My husband got me a couple tea mix sets from Adagio for Christmas. I've become rather partial to the chocolate and strawberry teas. I know that's kind of weird, but it works. Plus, I want to get this tea soon. Because taste, and also . . .FIREFLY. Anyway. Tea is good. I don't like the smell of coffee, so tea for me.

Banner by me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:09 am 
Director's Secretary

thecookiemomma wrote:
My husband got me a couple tea mix sets from Adagio for Christmas. I've become rather partial to the chocolate and strawberry teas. I know that's kind of weird, but it works. Plus, I want to get this tea soon. Because taste, and also . . .FIREFLY. Anyway. Tea is good. I don't like the smell of coffee, so tea for me.

Tea and Firefly we can agree on.

My husband bought me a 'chocolate' flavored tea that was carob and I hated it... If I want chocolate flavor, I'll make hot chocolate from scratch with unsweetened baking chocolate, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream and brown sugar....

Apart from the bergamot (Earl Grey), I like my black tea with any of the following: raspberry, blackberry, blackcurrant, peppermint... Most of what I drink, is Earl Grey, English Breakfast or just plain ol' tea. (I call it PoT or tea-tea). I also drink some herbal teas, but don't like ANY zinger flavor b/c tea should be quiet and restful. If i want a party in my mouth... Wait! No! I never want a party in my mouth. The clean up's a bitch!

Other than that, it's either water or coconut water. I don't drink. Don't like coffee and juice just has too much sugar and I like the fruit much better. If I'm gonna eat that much sugar, I'll eat cheesecake.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:17 am 
Director's Secretary

colorguard28 wrote:
Tea! *perks up* Did somebody say tea? :)

What are your favorite kinds of tea?

I like most black tea, occasional green tea and some herbals...

Apart from the bergamot (Earl Grey), I like my black tea with any of the following: raspberry, blackberry, blackcurrant, peppermint... Most of what I drink, is Earl Grey, English Breakfast or just plain ol' tea. (I call it PoT or tea-tea).

I also ocassionally drink some herbal teas, blueberry, peppermint (just mint, no black tea) but don't like ANY zinger flavor b/c tea should be quiet and restful. If i want a party in my mouth... Wait! No! I never want a party in my mouth. The clean up's a bitch!

When I'm at home, I make orange peel tea when I'm feeling ill, but in the states, I think they put dyes in the orange peel, so i don't.

Seriously, I'll drink most tea, as long as it wasn't made in an American restaurant by someone who normally makes coffee. Mostly I don't get tea in American restaurants because I don't like giving instructions and they seldom get followed anyway and the waitstaff hate me even if i tip em 30%.

Note to Americans: warm water does NOT make tea. Tea water must be boiling. I am not a tea snob. Really. ;D :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:20 am 
Director's Secretary

flootzavut wrote:
DeepBlueJoy wrote:

:lol2: I outright sniggered :evillaugh:

Congrats on the new author forum ;D

My favourite kind of tea if we are talking strictly the stuff that is made from camellia sinensis (spelling?) would have to be white tea with vanilla :yes:

Glad to amuse you. you are sniggered? first I've ever heard it put quite that way.

Haven't had much experience with white tea. it was a fad here for about five minutes. had it once. don't remember it tasting like anything. still to each their own! I'll try to have some on tap if you ever visit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:22 am 
Director's Secretary

akaeve wrote:
:wavingyellow: tea I'm a green tea gal as well as cranberry or fruit but green tea and cranberry good. Now and again partial to a glass or two of wine.

Tea is always good. Observed certain family members and decided I liked me and my future better without the spirits. About half my friends drink.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:24 am 
Director

drink for the day.........coffee, tea, tea, tea, tea, (work) then water back at home at night, weekends no tea but two cups coffee, then water

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:32 am 
Team Leader

I've heard very good things about Adagio Teas even from some tea purists, but I've never had the opportunity to try them so my knowledge is decidedly second hand.

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:41 am 
Director's Secretary

thecookiemomma wrote:

Oooh... missed the part about Firefly tea! That's very cool and they look like they might taste good, but be expensive... I think I'd like the one with the spices...

I like the idea, and I'd love to collect the tins.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:56 am 
Team Leader

The tins are really cool :smitten:

I think the Adagio fandom teas available in the UK are not the same as the ones in the US, but they're similarly intriguing and have cool tins. If money were no object I'd get the Firefly and Doctor Who ones.

My favourite thing is the tagline to the Firefly ones: burn the land and boil the tea, you can't take the sky from me. What can I say? I'm a big fan of silly ;D

White tea is more tea tasting than green tea, but not as strong as black tea, or that's my tastebuds' consensus from experience. White tea is supposed to be processed/fermented the least out of the three, so I have never understood why it tastes more like black tea than green does, and indeed, more like black tea than like green tea, if you ask me :huh: but there you go.

I prefer my green tea with additives, it's just a bit too green on its own, but not jasmine tea (bleurgh, tastes like soap!). I have a green tea with raspberry that's quite nice, but my favourite is genmaicha, which is green tea with roasted rice. Sounds weird, but tastes yummy, and the smell is divine. It's kind of warm and nutty, it's very comforting. I drink it for the smell, the health benefits and the taste, in that order :rofl:

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:28 am 
Director's Secretary

I agree with you about Jasmine tea. I hate it. It tastes like funeral flowers.

I will have to explore white tea more. I find green tea kind of bland, so don't drink it much. A lot of time I make three tea bags (I make a double cup of tea most times), so I do want a full bodied tea.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:37 am 
Director's Secretary

flootzavut wrote:
The tins are really cool :smitten:

I think the Adagio fandom teas available in the UK are not the same as the ones in the US, but they're similarly intriguing and have cool tins. If money were no object I'd get the Firefly and Doctor Who ones.

My favourite thing is the tagline to the Firefly ones: burn the land and boil the tea, you can't take the sky from me. What can I say? I'm a big fan of silly ;D

this is my first exposure to their teas. Will have to see if I can con the husband into spending money on this for me... If I buy expensive pointlessness he isn't always happy, but he's more than willing to buy it for me and in larger quantities than I'd buy it for myself... Heh Heh.

Silly is good! I like silly! And firely silly in particular.
flootzavut wrote:
I prefer my green tea with additives, it's just a bit too green on its own, but not jasmine tea (bleurgh, tastes like soap!). I have a green tea with raspberry that's quite nice, but my favourite is genmaicha, which is green tea with roasted rice. Sounds weird, but tastes yummy, and the smell is divine. It's kind of warm and nutty, it's very comforting. I drink it for the smell, the health benefits and the taste, in that order :rofl:

Now, the Genmaicha is a new one on me. does sound weird, but sometimes nutty flavors work well for me... depending on exactly 'how' they're 'nutty'.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:56 am 
Team Leader

Yup, it was new on me, too - impulse buy last year in the sale. It's a really warm, comforting smell/taste. I'm a fan ;D

I have tried jasmine tea, more than one brand, on several different occasions, and I really do not see the appeal. Initially I assumed it was the green tea that tasted so bad, but other types of green tea just taste of... well, green tea, not soap. I love the scent of jasmine, but in tea? Revolting. I don't think I've ever even managed a full cup, it's just horrible.

Some of the Adagio teas sound amaaaaazing :shocked: I'm also really curious about some of the less common varieties they stock, pretty much all of which I've never tried, many of which I'd never even heard of.

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:00 pm 
Director

chamomile gives me a migraine as did the Cinnamon ones over christmas

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:05 pm 
Director's Secretary

Name: Jennie (please NOT Jen)
link: Blog
link: First Novel
I'm partial to Republic of Tea teas, especially their Zen Dream. My preference is black tea or a flavored black tea, generally, although hibiscus-based herbal teas also have a place in my tea rack. I grew up drinking Bigelow's Lemon Lift and Constant Comment because those are my mom's favorites. I usually drink a latte (made at home) in the morning, and otherwise stick to water or seltzer. Polar's cranberry-lime and some of their seasonal flavors are my choices for seltzer. (For the people not in the northeastern US, it's a Worcester-based family company that mostly does seltzer.)

Stunning banner by Rose Malmaison

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:06 pm 
Team Leader

Title: Queen of Torture and Death
Name: Lia
Aliases: dnalia, DAn creature
Oh darn, I was looking for a den of iniquity... :lol2:

I drink tea instead of coffee, and yes, even as an American, I know how to make a proper cup of tea ;D My sister, however, does not :P

My favorite Adagio blend is one I made: Tall, Dark, and British (end shameless self-plug ;D). I prefer black teas, but my tastes are expensive, so I usually make due with Irish Breakfast (I don't like Adagio's Earl Grey, sorry). I mix it with cranberry and vanilla flavored teas and it's really good :yes:

Click on the banner for the story

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:42 pm 
Medical Examiner

Title: Mom, reader, writer, artist, poet. Tibbs Maven.
Name: Sara
Aliases: thecookiemomma, sunsaralyn
link: My personal LJ
link: My DA (for FanArt and poetry)
I just have to chime in with the most adorable thing. My son has been creating recipes for me to try with my tea blend mix. And they're pretty awesome. I'm attempting one right now that he calls Tropical Beach or something like that. It makes me smile. :smitten: :smitten:

Banner by me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:04 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Great to see you already have your own board, Blue.

I don't have much to add to the tea conversation, as I'm a (snobby) coffee drinker, but when I do want some tea (usually in the evening), I prefer chamomile.

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:07 pm 
Team Leader

I like coffee, coffee doesn't much like me :-/

My mum did recently discover some really nice decaf beans that actually taste like coffee, which is nice :)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:08 pm 
Director's Secretary

DNAchemLia wrote:
Oh darn, I was looking for a den of iniquity... :lol2:

Just because it wasn't planned, doesn't mean we can't run off and have one!!! :rofl: :heartsthree:

I hadn't actually planned for my forum to be ABOUT tea... (believe it or not) even though I probably do make up for the lack of English people within about a four block radius :)

so, if iniquity is your beat... we can have a little of that... if you read my writing, you'll find I've plenty of iniquitous thoughts... at least my friends in church would probably think so!

DNAchemLia wrote:
I drink tea instead of coffee, and yes, even as an American, I know how to make a proper cup of tea ;D My sister, however, does not :P

Yes, although tea making seems to come with the British genes and I've seldom had a terrible cup in the UK, most Americans are terrible at it, even with basic instructions. I don't get what's so difficult about it, but it is what it is!

I can't abide coffee, so I'm grateful that tea exists.

DNAchemLia wrote:
My favorite Adagio blend is one I made: Tall, Dark, and British (end shameless self-plug ;D). I prefer black teas, but my tastes are expensive, so I usually make due with Irish Breakfast (I don't like Adagio's Earl Grey, sorry). I mix it with cranberry and vanilla flavored teas and it's really good :yes:

You made the tea blend? how's that work? Did you do it yourself, or order it customized? (the closest I come to that is to mix different teas, but it's not high science)

I will try just about anything once, but I'm not a very high class tea drinker, though I do try stuff, I drink too much tea to drink really expensive tea all the time. It's black tea, generally -- Earl Grey or English breakfast in particular. Irish Breakfast is also good, though I don't find it much around here. I really need to find a tea store. The supermarket is kind of limited.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:09 pm 
Director's Secretary

thecookiemomma wrote:
I just have to chime in with the most adorable thing. My son has been creating recipes for me to try with my tea blend mix. And they're pretty awesome. I'm attempting one right now that he calls Tropical Beach or something like that. It makes me smile. :smitten: :smitten:

what kind of recipes? that sounds wonderful.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:12 pm 
Director's Secretary

K9Lasko wrote:

I don't have much to add to the tea conversation, as I'm a (snobby) coffee drinker, but when I do want some tea (usually in the evening), I prefer chamomile.

I never intended this to be a discussion of tea... more like a tea room for discussion... so welcome, whatever your brew! you and my husband can keep the coffee... it jangles me and it's too bitter. I think I have the bitterness tasting gene. Or maybe i just never acquired the taste... to drink coffee, I have to put endless milk AND 4 or more sugars in it and I don't actually need either the 4 sugars or the diabetes that comes with it.

Tea i can drink without sugar or with only a tiny amount.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:14 pm 
Director's Secretary

flootzavut wrote:
I like coffee, coffee doesn't much like me :-/

My mum did recently discover some really nice decaf beans that actually taste like coffee, which is nice :)

Coffee doesn't like me and the feeling's mutual. Tea is so much more civil to my stomach.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:25 pm 
Senior Field Agent

DeepBlueJoy wrote:
K9Lasko wrote:

I never intended this to be a discussion of tea... more like a tea room for discussion... so welcome, whatever your brew! you and my husband can keep the coffee... it jangles me and it's too bitter. I think I have the bitterness tasting gene. Or maybe i just never acquired the taste... to drink coffee, I have to put endless milk AND 4 or more sugars in it and I don't actually need either the 4 sugars or the diabetes that comes with it.

Tea i can drink without sugar or with only a tiny amount.

Coffee helps me wake up... and also keeps me from killing my coworkers. ;) I do need cream in it, especially if I'm making the standard working-morning brew. (I make it strong.) But on the weekends and days off, I break out the expensive beans, the grinder, and the French press. Good coffee is easier to drink with no additives.

I also like making chai (with the milk and such). Although it's just not to same without the disposable clay pot cups. I'm also strangely fond of butter tea (po cha.) A bit American-ized of course as yak butter isn't standard at the supermarket. :lol2:

Anyway, yeah it's funny how this turned into an entire discussion on hot beverages.

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:50 pm 
MTAC Technician

Name: April
Aliases: Jeanniefan78, TonyAngela4ever
link: Marvelous Grace
link: My FF.net
Blue, thank you so much for dropping by my forum and for your kind words of encouragement in the loss of my sweet cousin. It has meant a lot to me and I so appreciate your compassion. :hug2col:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:10 am 
Director's Secretary

Jeanniefan78 wrote:
Blue, thank you so much for dropping by my forum and for your kind words of encouragement in the loss of my sweet cousin. It has meant a lot to me and I so appreciate your compassion. :hug2col:

You are more than welcome. I want you to know that if you need to talk you may feel free to PM me any time in the days and months ahead. Losing someone, especially so young is even harder than losing someone who's lived a full life. Please take care of yourself.

Hugs and healing,

Blue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:32 am 
Director

:wavingyellow: hey if you ever need any real Earl Grey and can't get from family or in the US don't hesitate to drop me a line.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:31 am 
Director's Secretary

akaeve wrote:
:wavingyellow: hey if you ever need any real Earl Grey and can't get from family or in the US don't hesitate to drop me a line.

I may have to take you up on that one of these days! I drink huge amounts of tea, probably even by English standards.

It has gotten better. We can get most things here... but I'm not all that excited by the quality of the tea here sometimes... but I can pretty much count on getting some kind of Earl Grey or generic black 'tea-tea' in the supermarket, the Earl Grey doesn't seem to have the flavor I remember. Worst of all, I can't always find Irish Breakfast tea, which is my other favorite.

Speaking of which, it's high time for me to have my first morning tea and feed the kitties!

Thanks for the thought... at least I know when I come to Scotland and England next time, I will have a great cuppa in store!

Blue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:34 am 
Director

Now Irish Breakfast Tea I don't think I have ever seen but I can deffo get Scottish Breakfast tea

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:39 am 
Director's Secretary

akaeve wrote:
Now Irish Breakfast Tea I don't think I have ever seen but I can deffo get Scottish Breakfast tea

Now, that I don't think I've ever had... and the first time I ever had Irish Breakfast was actually in Scotland... just this past December, and I'm hooked. I've found it twice since I've been back, but it was hard to find. Now, my assignment is to find Scottish Breakfast. Yum, another new tea to look forward to!! What a fine 'problem' to have!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:42 am 
Director's Secretary

gotta run... gotta go saute the onions... gonna cook a potato veg curry and first I want to carmelize the onions before the go into the slow cooker, b/c that gives it that lovely sweet flavor... My husband's already cut up all the veg for me... and he did the chicken yesterday (I'm making a modified curry with that with mango chutney and Badia seasoning)

later, gators...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:53 am 
Team Leader

akaeve wrote:

I've had Irish breakfast tea and English breakfast tea, but never Scottish.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 am 
Director

DNAchemLia wrote:
akaeve wrote:

I've had Irish breakfast tea and English breakfast tea, but never Scottish.

OK you got me wondering now, I need to go look again in the shops oh dear.

no, http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw ... arw2b7hk_e or http://scottishtea.com/new-scottish-blend-decaf/

but I will go and see next week ok I had a look in my secret stash and found some earl grey from Aldi, and it says packed in Scotland and produced especially for the softer waters of Scotland but that still doesn't make it Scottish Breakfast which I am now a girl on a mission.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:15 am 
Administrator

Title: Goddess of Gab
Name: Barbara
link: Author Board
link: Story Board Profile
Hello, there! :wavingyellow:

I'm a coffee girl, myself. I could have long discussions about different types, blends and strengths of coffee. I drink my coffee the way God intended: without cream, sugar or flavorings.

I drink tea, however, the way a lot of folks these days drink coffee. Meaning? I don't like tea. I fancy it up with flavors and sugars until it no longer resembles tea before drinking. I like a good southern sweet iced tea, if it's also flavored. ;D When I drink hot tea, it must be herbal, flavored and sweetened - like hot kool-aid. :blush: No joke. :blush:

This is why I stick with coffee.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:22 am 
Director

at home I'm a coffee girl, but at work herbal flavoured teas, I can drink up to 5 cups of tea a day but only two coffee.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:43 am 
Administrator

Caffeine has no effect on me. I drink coffee because I like it. I think regular coffee tastes better than decaf, but there isn't much difference to me. I can drink six or seven cups in a row and go to bed. Of course, it might keep me awake. Not because of caffeine, but because I would have to pee. ;D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:48 am 
Director

We got this coffee/tea/drinks machine in at work and I must say it does a mean expresso, and the mocha with am extra dash of expresso is good

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:42 am 
Director's Secretary

iheartGibbs wrote:
Hello, there! :wavingyellow:

I'm a coffee girl, myself. I could have long discussions about different types, blends and strengths of coffee. I drink my coffee the way God intended: without cream, sugar or flavorings.

I drink tea, however, the way a lot of folks these days drink coffee. Meaning? I don't like tea. I fancy it up with flavors and sugars until it no longer resembles tea before drinking. I like a good southern sweet iced tea, if it's also flavored. ;D When I drink hot tea, it must be herbal, flavored and sweetened - like hot kool-aid. :blush: No joke. :blush:

This is why I stick with coffee.

I have a serious question. Have you had tea made by someone from across the pond? Because if I had only had tea as most Americans make it... well, it's swearworthy, insipid swill fit only for water balloons for pelting members of congress! And that's really what I think of "American" tea. ;)

Every time I go to a restaurant and it's really cold, I get the hankering for a cup of tea. Most times I'm wise enough to resist. When I don't, even with instruction, the result is usually... well... insipid.. at best. Even with 'good' tea. :P :gah:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:02 pm 
Administrator

I had hot tea in London and in Moscow. Both times, I liked it with sugar. Much better than what passes for tea here. I would probably be more of a tea drinker if I lived in Europe.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:03 pm 
Director

I know when B and I used to go to Majorca we always hankered for a good cup of tea, I think it is the water that puts tea off

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:05 pm 
Senior Field Agent

DeepBlueJoy wrote:
gotta run... gotta go saute the onions... gonna cook a potato veg curry and first I want to carmelize the onions before the go into the slow cooker, b/c that gives it that lovely sweet flavor... My husband's already cut up all the veg for me... and he did the chicken yesterday (I'm making a modified curry with that with mango chutney and Badia seasoning)

later, gators...

Yum. I'm jealous.

I like the Badia spices. They're so reasonably priced. Now that I know better, I don't buy spices like turmeric, cumin, coriander, etc in those little McCormick jars or whatever. I go to the Indian grocer and get the bags. Just the other day I was looking for cardamom, and the jar at the supermarket was $12! :shocked: I know the price has gone up recently, but that seemed excessive.

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:17 pm 
Director

K9Lasko wrote:
I like the Badia spices. They're so reasonably priced. Now that I know better, I don't buy spices like turmeric, cumin, coriander, etc in those little McCormick jars or whatever. I go to the Indian grocer and get the bags. Just the other day I was looking for cardamom, and the jar at the supermarket was $12! :shocked: I know the price has gone up recently, but that seemed excessive.

we got it http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/ ... =257499862 not sure if same throgh

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:11 pm 
Team Leader

DeepBlueJoy wrote:
gotta run... gotta go saute the onions...

I totally read that as "salute the onions" - what a peculiar mental image...

In Russia - well, at home at least, in my experience - tea is made really strong, then diluted and sweetened to serve. I drank soooo much tea when I was in Russia :shocked: :rofl: I think they might be more proverbial for it than even the Brits.

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:17 pm 
Director's Secretary

flootzavut wrote:
DeepBlueJoy wrote:
gotta run... gotta go saute the onions...

I totally read that as "salute the onions" - what a peculiar mental image...

Well, the 'saluting' :rofl: of the onions was the only thing that went as planned. Used an old curry powder that I forgot why it was old... Gonna throw it out :gibbssmack: smacks self. Drained off the first attempt at curry and re-seasoned completely. May not be perfect, but at least it will be more or less edible. Grrrrr... :gah: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :sigh:

Let's hope the chicken goes better. It's marinated, so I think it will be fine. Feeling very underwhelmed by my own cooking right at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:38 pm 
Team Leader

:hug2col: :ththere:

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:29 pm 
Team Leader

Bagged tea here is awful. I buy loose tea from Adagio and it's much better.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:49 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Saluting the onions. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

- Gareth Keenan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next