NFA Community Forums

NCIS Fanfiction Addiction Forums
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:10 am 
Senior Field Agent

akaeve wrote:
Love to see Tony come back in a couple of years with Tali as a toddler.

She's about two years old right now.

His decision to quit seemed a bit... hasty. Especially because they crammed it into the back half of the episode. Maybe he should've taken some leave. Figured stuff out. Maybe secured a safer job at the agency with a more reliable schedule. I don't know. But it was a very abrupt, "OK I'm done," kind of thing. Maybe he'd just had enough, maybe he'd seen enough, and nothing else about the job or career was satisfying to him.

But see, I'm of the opinion that Tony was never particularly keen on leading his own team anyway.

Regardless, it was a weird way to end things.

- Gareth Keenan

Last edited by K9Lasko on Fri May 20, 2016 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:18 am 
Senior Field Agent

fallenangel218 wrote:
How come they never do an emotional goodbye scene with McGee and a character who is leaving? It's disappointing. Maybe he is getting like Gibbs.

Well, I'm assuming that after the tour-du-monde-avec-toddler :rolleyes: , Tony will come right back to DC. Can't see why he would leave his entire support network behind after such a shocking turn of events. So... maybe... Tony and McGee knew the goodbye wasn't a forever kind of goodbye. Just a workplace goodbye. (Agree it could've been better, though.)

Very Special Agent Timothy McGee...

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:22 am 
Team Leader

Title: Kibbs Addict
Name: Sarah
Aliases: sarahflute, sarah-flute, Floot, tiggrie, kassipoeg
link: fanfiction.net
link: AO3
link: NFA storyboard
I have to agree, I don't think Tony was wildly ambitious when it came to being team leader.

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:48 am 
Director

Title: Gibbs' Gal forever
Name: Patsy
Aliases: pattywatty
link: My Author Board
link: My Fanfic.net
Flag: Image
K9Lasko wrote:
akaeve wrote:
Love to see Tony come back in a couple of years with Tali as a toddler.

She's about two years old right now.
Regardless, it was a weird way to end things.

OK make her four or five

ImageImageImage

sig by McMhuirich thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:08 am 
Director

Well we watched B said "well is that it?" and when they killed Kort he said "Well that's him out the series." Now we know why MW has been growing his hair in later season episodes (for his new role).

Not sure if I like the new team.

But loved Jimmy giving Tony "fatherly" advice

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:23 pm 
Medical Examiner

Name: Lydia
link: fanfic.net
link: tumblr
I haven't seen the show, but I was wondering how Tony left and when I found out I immediately had to come here and find out what people thought.

I think like it as an ending. There's just the tiniest bit of doubt about Zivas death for fanfic writers to run with (or for Ziva fans to choose to live in denial lol). I agree with the writers that it had to be something really big for Tony to leave, more than just a job offer. He's had opportunities in the past (and likely more offscreen) but he never took them.

And he made the right choice in leaving. I get angry when people in these shows don't take the risks of their job seriously enough and put their families first. Him suddenly being a single father? If they'd ever done that and had him stay on the team I would have been infuriated.

Honestly, I think I read too much fanfiction to get upset about show decisions anymore. I watch it, think "well that's stupid", and rewrite it all in my head as my own personal headcanon. :rofl:

^^Clicky!^^

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:06 pm 
Medical Examiner

Title: Mom, reader, writer, artist, poet. Tibbs Maven.
Name: Sara
Aliases: thecookiemomma, sunsaralyn
link: My personal LJ
link: My DA (for FanArt and poetry)
Vanessa wrote:
I know I'm in the minority but I was never a TIVA fan. I always thought Ziva treated Tony terribly. I am sorely disappointed with how this story is playing out. I think it's a lame send off for Tony DiNozzo.

Perhaps the minority, but definitely not alone.

I make no bones that I had a lot of trouble with Ziva from the beginning. However, she had a place, and I got used to her. I am unashamedly anti-Tiva, for much of the same reasons that a lot of people are, and I think this felt like GG pushing his own opinion on everybody -- or barring that, giving some of the most childish and rude fans (READ: not all fans, but esp after CdP left, there was a brutal group of mostly women who physically and verbally attacked some of the cast and crew and writers. I'm talking about THOSE fans.) the attention and storyline they craved. Because now, though she's dead, she's kind of immortalized, and "she loved him forever and ever..." Anyway. I've personally decided that this was my EWE episode. (Epilogue? What Epilogue??) I ship pretty much any other ship in fanfic (especially the slash ones), and it really frustrated me to see this given that much legitimacy without addressing any of the issues that had cropped up between them. Not telling Tony made me very upset as well. I fumed at my husband, and he said, well, that's the way it is... and, "We knew they slept together at least once..."

(I kind of stuck my fingers in my ears and sang lalalala, but eh).

What I liked about this episode: Emily Fornell. Jimmy Palmer. Tobias in the hospital dealing with being hurt. It bothers me that they wave the magic wand and everybody is better from being shot, sick, or whatever. And they don't feel the ache later, or it doesn't affect performance. So, I liked that. I liked Tali. She is, as is Mindy, a "Cute Kid." And I liked the way MW acted the hell out of the lines he was given, and I love the way he's been super graceful about a plotline he may not personally have been on board with.

I don't know whether I'll watch later eps. I haven't decided. I love Gibbs, and Jimmy, and Toby, and Abby, and Ellie, so maybe I'll give it a shot, but ... I don't know. It's not as fun anymore.

Banner by me.

Last edited by thecookiemomma on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:13 pm 
Medical Examiner

Title: Mom, reader, writer, artist, poet. Tibbs Maven.
Name: Sara
Aliases: thecookiemomma, sunsaralyn
link: My personal LJ
link: My DA (for FanArt and poetry)
flootzavut wrote:
I'm like, almost laughing that they decided to go the Tiva baby route. I mean, I am inclined to be interested in Tony-as-single-dad, but to give him a kid he didn't know about? Is kind of shitty. Honestly, I CAN see Ziva keeping that secret (sorry), but it's such a fanfiction storyline, and not the good kind.

I'm glad they didn't kill him off (I got the impression they weren't going to, but still glad to know for sure), and I'm assuming Fornell survived the episode.

But yeah... Tiva baby? Have they been trawling FFN??

I have heard, Sarah, that some actually do (and possibly here, too) to find out pulses, and possible inspirations. So, if they did, then this is completely understandable, because TIVA-BEBE is like the number 1 trope over at FFN, sometimes. Either that or Jibbs babies.

Banner by me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:10 am 
Team Leader

Title: Kibbs Addict
Name: Sarah
Aliases: sarahflute, sarah-flute, Floot, tiggrie, kassipoeg
link: fanfiction.net
link: NFA storyboard
I do feel like it was really pandering to a sector of fandom who really didn't on the whole (yeah, I'm gonna say it) deserve to be pandered to. (I know some lovely Tiva fans, but seriously, the ones who have been whining and shouting about it for the last three years? Saying the show was nothing without Cote, spending all their time badmouthing whoever they could think of who should somehow have 'saved' Cote from her own decision? Claiming they no longer watched and at the same time claiming the show was irredeemably bad? Those are the people they wanted to please?!?) Which I find kind of ugh on a visceral level.

I also find it weird that they managed to simultaneously pander to that sector and piss them off at the same time - Tiva baby but also dead!Ziva. Oh, and Ziva-who-didn't-tell-Tony-he-was-a-father, which a lot of people found understandably problematic. (Like I said before, I can see some logic there - I don't think it's 'right', but I don't find it incomprehensible, either. In a fraught, painful situation, people often make bad decisions for good reasons, or at least reasons that seem good to them at the time. Still, it doesn't exactly paint Ziva in a good light.)

I just... it makes me wonder what they were thinking, TBH. I'm pretty sure you're right that Tiva babies are one of the most popular things on FFN, but they're being written so poorly most of the time, you'd think they'd wanna steer clear :rolleyes: And I guess also I just think a storyline that was a long time coming, for a major character, which they knew about and were planning for so long in advance, and the best they can come up with is on a level with FFN's favourite trope? I find that disappointing in terms of basic creativity, ya know?

punkcatknitter wrote:
Honestly, I think I read too much fanfiction to get upset about show decisions anymore. I watch it, think "well that's stupid", and rewrite it all in my head as my own personal headcanon. :rofl:

:lol2: :bow-blue: :lol2:

I rarely get upset, per se; I guess you can't get much worse than "favourite character gets shot in the head", so I'm hard pressed to get upset about it :rolleyes: on the other hand, I do frequently wonder what Gary Glasberg is smoking... I think I've got to the point where it no longer surprises me that a lot of fanfic writers have more original stories and make better story decisions than the people who get paid handsomely and get acclaimed for their work, but damn, I still find it kind of depressing that this is true!

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:07 pm 
Director

Lol just watched Engaged Part 2 9/24 where Tony confronts his greatest fears a room full of toddlers well 2 yet old's hilarious.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:25 pm 
Intel Analyst

Name: Shay
link: Dreamwidth Journal
That's kind of what ticked me off about Michael Weatherly's final episode. Tony was terrified of kids all through his run of the show and at the end he's suddenly good with kids? Drove me freakin' nuts how OOC they wrote Tony at the end.