NFA Community Forums

NCIS Fanfiction Addiction Forums
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:02 pm 
Senior Field Agent

smackalicious wrote:
Fornell inviting Tony to dinner and that whole scene, really, just made my life. I am still giggling. Too much. TOO MUCH. I love it. ;D

It was funny and very very sweet. I like it. I like it very much.

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:03 pm 
Deputy Director

Title: Mistress of McGiva
Name: Sherry
Can you imagine if McGee found out? Good Lord. He shows up at Fornell's house, all pouty because Tony isn't spending Thanksgiving with him, and Fornell's just side-eyeing him.

Latest story:
Someone Who Understands (FR13, Gibbs & Fornell friendship)

and

The Only Answer (FR13, fluffy McGiva)[/center]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:09 pm 
Director's Secretary

Name: Blue
link: Blue's Stories
link: Blue's AO3
smackalicious wrote:
Can you imagine if McGee found out? Good Lord. He shows up at Fornell's house, all pouty because Tony isn't spending Thanksgiving with him, and Fornell's just side-eyeing him.

Well, technically, they're spending Thanksgiving with Ducky... and I don't think Ducky's the type to get 'bent' about much...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:15 pm 
Senior Field Agent

smackalicious wrote:

Ohh yeah.

Then there's the question... Why isn't Tony joining in on the big turducken shin-dig w/ the Palmers and Ducky et al? Maybe he doesn't wanna see Tim and Delilah all couple-y. Food for thought! You have to get creative with your thinking...

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:17 pm 
Deputy Director

Title: Mistress of McGiva
Name: Sherry
True, Blue. I didn't think about that.

Ugh, one of my Twitter friends was looking for the "official" ship name for Tony & Fornell (we've decided on Fornozzo) & of course there's people like, ugh I don't like them as a pairing! & whatever, I'm not really shipping them myself, but could ya keep your whining out of my mentions? :rolleyes: Annoying. SORRY JUST HAD TO VENT.

Latest story:
Someone Who Understands (FR13, Gibbs & Fornell friendship)

and

The Only Answer (FR13, fluffy McGiva)[/center]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:52 am 
Director's Secretary

smackalicious wrote:

Ugh, one of my Twitter friends was looking for the "official" ship name for Tony & Fornell (we've decided on Fornozzo) & of course there's people like, ugh I don't like them as a pairing! & whatever, I'm not really shipping them myself, but could ya keep your whining out of my mentions? :rolleyes: Annoying. SORRY JUST HAD TO VENT.

I'm not *specifically* shipping them, but I LOVE Fornell and his energy comes out bet in 'emotional combat' situations and Dinonell or Fornozzo or Tonias lends itself to some SPECTACULAR emotional combat!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:53 am 
Director's Secretary

K9Lasko wrote:
smackalicious wrote:

Ohh yeah.

Then there's the question... Why isn't Tony joining in on the big turducken shin-dig w/ the Palmers and Ducky et al? Maybe he doesn't wanna see Tim and Delilah all couple-y. Food for thought! You have to get creative with your thinking...

Yeah one wonders why he's avoidy with Zoe? I mean, maybe she's gone home to her family for T-giving, does that mean HE can't go?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:01 am 
Director's Secretary

One thing about this episode really appealed to me and didn't seem 'pat' and that was the whole exchange with the prisoner... Where Bishop was challenging him to be his best self... And the fact that the brother didn't just slot in as a 'perfect' match... It made for interesting watching. Also made me enjoy watching Bishop, which is pretty rare for me.

Incidentally, I'm with her brother. Real, honest relationships do not function without trust. I can't see how she could trust someone who's been so slimy. Sadly for Bishop, I like her mother and her brother better than I like her. And since they've written some 'good stuff' (character-wise) for her (like how she challenged the prisoner), I'm beginning to think that my visceral problem with her character has as much to do with the ACTRESS as it has to do with her behavior. Now, if only Sarah Michelle Gellar were playing her character. I'd find her so much easier to believe...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:12 am 
Senior Field Agent

DeepBlueJoy wrote:
smackalicious wrote:

I'm not *specifically* shipping them, but I LOVE Fornell and his energy comes out bet in 'emotional combat' situations and Dinonell or Fornozzo or Tonias lends itself to some SPECTACULAR emotional combat!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fornozzo. Tonias. :lol2: Or what about DiNell? Tonell. Uh, Tobozzo. :rofl:

I think I've read exactly one DiNozzo/Fornell story before, and I have no idea why I did. It's rare! That's for sure. I'm not about to get on that shipping ship. ;) But it's got some legs now.

DeepBlueJoy wrote:
Yeah one wonders why he's avoidy with Zoe? I mean, maybe she's gone home to her family for T-giving, does that mean HE can't go?

Yeah. All he said was that Senior was out of town, and Zoe was out of town, too. I don't want to read too much into it, but that's sorta what I like doing, so... You'd think him and Zoe would want to spend Thanksgiving together. Maybe she has to work, or maybe it's because he has to work. Who knows.

:confusion-shrug: Maybe he's still too scared to "meet the parents." :rofl:

Whatever the case, they're definitely not as couple-y as Tim and Delilah.

Yes, this episode did help me like Ellie a little bit more. It gave her more "life." :)

BUT they need to hurry up and address the Tony & Gibbs angst soon, or I'mma gonna go crazy over here.

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:42 am 
Director's Secretary

TobOzzo... that sounds faintly insulting... I think it's definitely TobOzzo for the win!! :hyper: :rofl: :yesyes:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:29 am 
Medical Examiner

Title: Mom, reader, writer, artist, poet. Tibbs Maven.
Name: Sara
Aliases: thecookiemomma, sunsaralyn
link: AO3
link: My personal LJ
link: My DA (for FanArt and poetry)
Flag: Image
As to why it's the MCRT's business, it's kind of like "Saving Private Ryan." It's an old code which prevents a bloodline from dying out. When a family gives more than one child in service to their country, especially if they don't come home, the services, and the ARMFEDs that serve them, tend to bend over backwards to help them out. Especially if it has to do with their remaining kids. It's even more important when the people are former service members themselves. The tradition is from WWII and a whole family of sons died in the same moment. That's why family can't serve in the same chain of command.

I'm married to a brat, so I know this, but service members consider their brats (their preferred term) to be their greatest resource. In this episode, the son with Leukemia is the last known son alive (because the other son's status was unknown). Therefore, the honor of that unit and that service was at stake. My husband who explained this to me did say that "genocide" has to do with eliminating a "gene pool", and in a small manner, that means cutting off all the children in a family. So, when they find out about a "last child," it becomes something that requires all possible speed and resources to take care of. (Hence the entire movie of Saving Private Ryan).

Banner by me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:11 am 
Intel Analyst

Name: Shay
link: Dreamwidth Journal
Finally watched this last night. It seemed obvious to me that Fornell only invited Tony because he realized he was alone and felt sorry for him. And did you see how fast Tony leaped out of his chair and grabbed his stuff? He was clearly feeling lonesome and grabbed at any bone thrown to him, even the prospect of Emily's terrible cooking. I just wanted to hug him. I'm kind of irritated at how they dismissed Senior and Zoe as 'being out of town' instead of letting Tony have a holiday meal with his father and girlfriend, it just made me sad. I don't know if they'll explain in more detail about his and Zoe's relationship but the way things stand now it seems kind of off-kilter. Now, given that Tony doesn't have much experience in the committed relationship department except his limited experiences with Wendy and Jeanne, such as they were, I guess that shouldn't be too surprising but still...

It also struck me that Ducky, Palmer, Abby and Tim didn't invite Tony along with them either to the soup kitchen or for dinner (or both). Tim, at least, knew Tony was on his own with Zoe and Senior being out of town. Of course, they didn't specifically say they didn't invite him but that was the impression I had.

Speaking of Senior, I thought all he had left was Tony. Why did he spend Thanksgiving away? I'd love to know where that man went and give him a piece of my mind. He's no better now than he ever was.

Other than being sad for Tony, I thought the episode was fairly decent. I wanted to punch the convict that wanted a deal in exchange for helping the guy but I liked how they made things make sense and the brother being messed up with counterfeiting and stuff was an interesting twist and it well-justified NCIS being involved. It was a nice twist on the types of cases they usually get and I found it rather enjoyable.

Ellie is more likable too. Loved the story about the bike even if it was a little cliche and trite. It showed that she's not as fragile and lifeless as she appears. She has a spine in her, she's just 'quiet' about it. But when push comes to shove, she figures it out. I can work with that fanfic-wise.

Gibbs still hardly looks at Tony and when he does, it seems only begrudgingly and Gibbs looks unremittingly irritated with him even when Tony hasn't been irritating. That's starting to get on my nerves. They need to further that along in a tangible way. The writers need to sh** or get off the pot on that story-line.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:33 pm 
Director's Secretary

Aliases: Fauxcynic (for my very first NCIS fic!)
link: My fanfic
PhoenixRising wrote:
It also struck me that Ducky, Palmer, Abby and Tim didn't invite Tony along with them either to the soup kitchen or for dinner (or both). Tim, at least, knew Tony was on his own with Zoe and Senior being out of town. Of course, they didn't specifically say they didn't invite him but that was the impression I had.

My headcanon for this was rooted in Tony's saying he needed some time alone -- whyever he needed it, I am hopeful that all 4 of them invited him, and he begged off. Given recent events (especially Jeanne) I can also see them being willing to take that answer on its face and not insist.

It also occurs to me that the closer the day got, the more Tony might have decided he didn't need to be quite so alone. Hence, not only jumping but relieved at Fornell's invite. It sounds absolutely normal for Thanksgiving! :yes: (sez the cook who, 6 hours before dinner, saw a neighbor and invited her to our motley gang's feast, and, learning that she had 3 foreign nationals staying with her as they did training for mission-type work) ended up with 4 more instead of one. And THAT sort of last minute, international scramble is what makes a non-traditional Thanksgiving the best! ;D

Hammer: I might, but I'd keep my mouth shut.

Margaret Dumont, Groucho Marx, the Cocoanuts, 1929

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:43 pm 
Intel Analyst

Name: Shay
link: Dreamwidth Journal
Shy, you are absolutely right. I forgot all about him saying he was ready for some alone time. Thanks for the reminder. That makes perfect sense. Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:11 pm 
Team Leader

Title: Kibbs Addict
Name: Sarah
Aliases: sarahflute, sarah-flute, Floot, tiggrie, kassipoeg
link: fanfiction.net
link: NFA storyboard
K9Lasko wrote:
So does Gibbs go to Ellie's mom's house for Thanksgiving?? :rofl:

If that didn't happen during the episode, someone needs to write it, stat.

Tony is jelly of McLilah. You know it makes sense.

I still think Tarty is gonna be my favourite supplemental Tony ship. Sorry Fornell, I love you and all, but
Tarty FTW!

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:50 pm 
Senior Field Agent

flootzavut wrote:
K9Lasko wrote:
So does Gibbs go to Ellie's mom's house for Thanksgiving?? :rofl:

If that didn't happen during the episode, someone needs to write it, stat.

Tony is jelly of McLilah. You know it makes sense.

I still think Tarty is gonna be my favourite supplemental Tony ship. Sorry Fornell, I love you and all, but
Tarty FTW!

It did happen, Sarah. It was work related, at first, but then he stayed to peel potatoes with a pocket knife. #Rule9

:rofl:

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:50 pm 
Team Leader

Title: Kibbs Addict
Name: Sarah
Aliases: sarahflute, sarah-flute, Floot, tiggrie, kassipoeg
link: fanfiction.net
link: NFA storyboard
:lol2: I love it. Always practical, Mister Special Agent man :rofl:

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:36 pm 
Director's Secretary

my favorite moment was when Ellie pulled out her folding knife and began to peel with him... That was a nice rule 9 bonding moment.

(I'm partial to rule 9 myself). Never leave home without one... (unless I'm getting on a plane or something)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:50 am 
MTAC Technician

Name: Tamara
link: Facebook
I loved Ellie's brother with the special agent barbie comment!
Did nobody find it strange that Gibbs just showed up? I mean, it was kind of really strange and awkward, almost as if they where forcing a relationship between Gibbs and Bishop that wasn't really there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:38 pm 
Director's Secretary

Miss_Barbara wrote:
I loved Ellie's brother with the special agent barbie comment!
Did nobody find it strange that Gibbs just showed up? I mean, it was kind of really strange and awkward, almost as if they where forcing a relationship between Gibbs and Bishop that wasn't really there.

Absolutely weird. It seems as if they need to insert Gibbs into everyone's life - and he needs to be part of the solution to everyone's life problems. Even someone well adjusted like Ellie who has a strong family structure.

I actually like Ellie's family best about Ellie who seems very colorless. They don't. They gave insight into her character that I wish was more in evidence in her portrayal.