PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:39 pm 
Director

Title: Gibbs' Gal forever
Name: Patsy
Aliases: pattywatty
link: My Author Board
link: My Fanfic.net
Flag: Image
NCIS season 14 finale spoilers: Who’s taking a dangerous trip overseas?

The NCIS season 14 finale is coming your way on CBS next month, and while there hasn’t been too much said on the episode until now, that is starting to change. After all, some of the first teasers that we’ve got for the installment suggest that a dangerous trip overseas is going to be one of the larger focal points to what could be overall a pretty intense (and dramatic) story.

The first thing that we’ll tell you here is that the title for the finale is “Rendezvous.” Meanwhile, the official synopsis via CBS gives you a little bit of a sense as to some of the action / drama that you can probably expect to see over the course of the hour:

“Gibbs (Mark Harmon), McGee (Sean Murray) and Torres (Wilmer Valderrama) travel to a remote area in Paraguay, controlled by a group of violent rebels, in an attempt to locate a missing Navy SEAL who disappeared during an unsanctioned trip.”

There isn’t exactly all that much on paper that surprises us about this episode, given that at the center of the story seems to be a high-stakes mission that could put all of the agents in some trouble. What makes it a little more interesting to us beyond your typical overseas takedown is that Gibbs hasn’t done too many of these as of late, largely because you don’t really need to when you’re the boss. With that, we imagine that the stakes here are pretty high … and there’s also a ton of room for there to be a big cliffhanger at the end of this. Remember for a minute that NCIS was renewed for a season 15 a long time ago, so the writers had a great opportunity to go into crafting this season knowing full well that they will be coming back for additional episodes. This opens up all sorts of interesting storytelling opportunities for the team to create some sort of epic two-partner.

http://cartermatt.com

ImageImageImage

sig by McMhuirich thank you

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:41 pm 
Director

From EW.com today:

"Scoop on the NCIS finale? — Marcus

When Gibbs and some of the team head to Paraguay on a mission, Gibbs makes a life-changing decision that will affect the three of them, leading to a major cliffhanger. “‘The finale is a
big action episode,” EP George Schenck says. Adds EP Frank Cardea: “And you will not want to miss the last five minutes.”

So, there is a another cliffhanger coming that, depending on who is affected and how by the life-changing decision, may lead to another summer of speculation about Mark and his future on NCIS.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:58 pm 
Director's Secretary

Name: Blue
link: Blue's Stories
link: Blue's AO3
Mark leaves at the end of season 15 and the series ends with his formal retirement... and the seeds for this departure are planted in this finale, making next season mostly a victory/goodbye lap and everyone who we've loved over the years comes for a visit, including Dinozzo (and maybe we even discover Ziva is actually alive and has been a prisoner some place all this time (don't expect that because getting her back would be a NICE thing, but one can hope!)

Or

Mark leaves/dies in the season opener of the next season after some catastrophe at the end of this season and the series limps along through to the end of a shortened season 15 and ends or is canceled.

I prefer the first scenario.

Either way, it's time for it to be done.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:26 am 
Director

Have to agree, as much as I have loved/love NCIS and love watching the reruns, I think the time has come to lay to rest, let everyone enjoy retirement (RL) and do cameos etc etc.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:54 pm 
Director's Secretary

Name: Blue
link: Blue's Stories
link: Blue's AO3
The reason that shows like CSI and Law and Order and before that NYPD Blue, remained at least somewhat fresh over time was that they slowly and organically let people move on to their next thing, let minor characters grow, or new characters arrive and when possible, brought the oldtimers back for visits, therefore making old fans happy, and keeping continuity. This show stuck with nearly the same lineup for a long time, then when forced to change, they hashed it... They fixed it somewhat by bringing on not one, but 3 veterans, to replace Dinozzo and hide the mess they made with Ellie...

but they keep thinking that killing people the audience loves (even if they have to drag them back to do it) is 'exciting' and one more 'vendetta' against the primary cast members will have everyone on the edge of their seats.

The reality is that I nearly stopped watching way back when they killed Kate and every pointless loss since then has made me withdraw more from the series and the characters. If I wanted game of thrones, I would watch that. At least, they've managed to create story lines in spite of the death.

As I have said at least a few times before, they are all walking wounded and that isn't good story telling, it's just depressing. Most are either widowed or divorced (or in Gibbs' and Fornell's case, both) Diane might have been Fornell's ex-wife, but she was the mother of his child, so that relationship is permanent, no matter what the paperwork said. Even Ellie has joined the widowed/divorced club, since she and her partner were serious (so she gets to grieve like a widow without any of the support other widows get).

McGee is not widowed or divorced... yet. But he met a pretty girl and loved her and THEREFORE she got broken. It is a true testament to the ACTORS that they have managed to create characters we love in spite of the horrible writing and ridiculous contrivances.

Oh and have you noticed? Whenever we discover a fact about any of our newcomers, it involves tragedy or loss of some kind! We have orphans now? Really? Wow!

What puzzles me is that both NCIS LA and NO manage to tell great stories without the miasma of misery. In NCIS LA, even though the actor is dead in real life, they have actually declined to kill the character off yet!! He's just having kick-ass adventures off-screen, while his co-stars give him the love! (tears and smiles). The original flavor really should take a few leaves out of their book!

One of these days, I'm gonna make me a list of the really bad shit (RBS) that has happened to each of the folk in the credits...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:25 pm 
MTAC Technician

Name: Andrea
Aliases: stargazer218
link: My fanfic.net Page
link: Tumblr
I'm just hoping TPTB aren't planning anything horrible... I do agree that it may be time to end NCIS. I hope we can all still have fun on NFA regardless of whether or not new episodes are on the air. :ncis:

Click the banner to read the story

Banner by McMhuirich

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 pm 
MTAC Technician

Name: Andrea
Aliases: stargazer218
link: My fanfic.net Page
link: Tumblr
Holy cliff hanger! It's gonna be a long summer...

Click the banner to read the story

Banner by McMhuirich

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:15 pm 
Senior Field Agent

I saw the last fifteen minutes, and while I'm more than likely lacking context, the "cliffhanger" had me scratching my head. I honestly hope they don't drag this wonderful show out further than the next season. Please, let's put this puppy to rest. I feel like they do a disservice for much loved shows dragging them on and on. If they want to continue, focus on the New Orleans spin-off, which isn't all that bad.

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:15 am 
Deputy Director

Title: Mistress of McGiva
Name: Sherry
I wish I had been able to pay more attention to the episode, but there were tornadoes north of here, headed right towards my hometown, so I was understandably a bit distracted (everyone I know is okay, by the way - but there was quite a bit of damage in a neighboring county). I understood McGee wanting to stay behind so Gibbs wouldn't be alone, but I wanted to smack him. Like, don't kill yourself before your child is born, man. :no:

Latest story:
Someone Who Understands (FR13, Gibbs & Fornell friendship)

and

The Only Answer (FR13, fluffy McGiva)[/center]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:44 am 
Director

I await with interest.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:18 am 
Director

Never mind the "How did they get the boat out the basement" challenge we need one that says "How do we get out of this?" then we can see if the scriptwriters pinch our ideas.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:58 pm 
Administrator

Title: Goddess of Gab
Name: Barbara
link: Author Board
link: Story Board Profile
Yeah, I saw they renewed for next season without hesitation. I don't suspect they'll end it any time soon. It's still bringing in viewers by the droves.

As for the finale, I thought it was good. Good cliffie, even though I hate those. This is for McGee :gibbssmack:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:37 am 
Director

At last got to see this in peace and I liked it very much it was a good season finale, and several ways to get the boys out IMO, so that will be good to see if I am right.

ImageImageImage