Director

Title: Gibbs' Gal forever
Name: Patsy
Aliases: pattywatty
link: My Author Board
link: My Fanfic.net
Flag: Image
http://cartermatt.com/254652/when-will- ... lming-cbs/

If there is something to be happy about at the moment, it is that the NCIS crew seems to be very much a family and they enjoy working together. Also, it seems as though everyone from season 14 could be coming back. Given that the writers aren’t knee-deep in story just yet it may be a little too early to know this for sure, it doesn’t seem as though either Mark Harmon or Sean Murray are going to be permanently stranded as a result of the events of the recent finale. Somehow, Gibbs and McGee are going to find their way back into the world.

If you are one to start asking some serious questions about the future of the show, maybe in the spring of next year is the right time to do it. After all, 15 years is such a nice, round number that it would make a certain degree of sense to close up show at this point if the producers were to do so. However, it’s also clear that there are SO many more stories to tell. There will probably be some heated discussions at that time, but there’s certainly a financial reason to continue the show given its immense popularity both in terms of live viewing, international sales, and also syndication. Few other dramas ever have the global outreach this show does, where Harmon and other cast members could go anywhere in the world and be recognized almost immediately as their character.

ImageImageImage

sig by McMhuirich thank you

Post subject: Re: Season 15: News
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:07 am 
Director

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ncis- ... ed-184032/

Quinn will have a love life in the next season of "NCIS."
The show has successfully concluded its latest installment. So far, the reviews have been positive, considering that many viewers were disappointed about Michael Weatherly's exit. However, the season saw the addition of two new characters, Esposito's and Wilmer Valderrama's. Quinn and Torres blended seamlessly with the rest of the NCIS agents, albeit there were some adjustments along the way.

According to CarterMatt, the show's fans will have to wait about four months before the next season will be released.

When asked what else they have in store for Quinn, showrunner Frank Cardea hinted to Parade that she might have more secrets to spill, especially with regards to her love life. Viewers discovered that her mother was suffering from Alzheimer's last season. The episode was an emotional one for Quinn, as she confided to Gibbs (Mark Harmon) the difficulties she encounters in taking care of a sick parent. According to the EP, they might be planning a romance storyline for Esposito's character.

"We discovered a couple of weeks ago that she has a mother who's a concern of hers and is going to consume a little of her time. Quinn is a character that is more of an adult than most of the others. She trained most of the agents that she works with," the EP said.

He adds: "Our show has been great about doing that over the seasons. We'll drop a little nugget; maybe not get back to it for a dozen episodes or so. Then you'll find out why we did that. Sometimes we don't know why we did it."

As for Torres, Cardea said he would continue to become an integral part of the team. When he joined the squad, viewers were quick to note that he was not good in taking orders from the higher-ups. Torres even riled up Gibbs. He was a deep undercover agent before he became part of Gibbs' squad and the change had been difficult. Still, he learned to mellow down and bond with the others. There are even speculations that he is in love with Quinn.

"NCIS" will be back in the fall of 2017.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:27 pm 
Director

'NCIS' Season 15 Update: Mark Harmon Next to Leave Show?

EP George Schenck hinted in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that they will be bringing in a major change based in last season’s finale. He said that the change will come mainly on the characters and their roles in the stories prior to “NCIS” Season 15. Schenck may not have mentioned names but fans speculated that they are preparing the way for Mark Harmon’s exit just like they did when Michael Weatherly left the hit show after 13 seasons.

After the announcement that there will be a “NCIS” Season 15 also came the reports on what the new season will be about. In last season’s finale, Gibbs (Mark Harmon), Torres (Wilmer Valderrama) and McGee (Sean Murray) went to Paraguay and faced rebels in their search for a missing Navy Seal according to Cartermatt. While there, Gibbs was supposedly affected greatly and which will make him consider taking an office-based assignment instead of the field.

McGee will also undergo a major change in his life in “NCIS” Season 15. He will now be a married man and he too is said to be facing a major decision in his life and career. It is possible that these will be the two characters which are said to be having role transitions in the new season. Mark Harmon has not categorically denied or admitted that he is leaving as of now.

If Mark Harmon leaves “NCIS” Season 15, fans are worried about the future of the series. It is still recovering from Michael Weatherly’s exit. Last season was more character than plot driven since it had to introduce new characters. For next season, many think that it will not be a bad idea to introduce a big bad villain which is similar to the other two editions of the franchise. “NCIS: Los Angeles” has the mole and then Tahir while “NCIS: New Orleans has Mayor Hamilton.

http://mstarsnews.musictimes.com

oh dear

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:21 am 
Director

From TV Guide online:

NCIS: Jennifer Esposito Will Not Return for Season 15

Farewell, Alex Quinn (Jennifer Esposito). We barely knew you! After only one season on NCIS, Jennifer Esposito will exit the CBS drama.

"It was a great experience," Esposito said in a statement to Deadline. "I could not have asked for a better opportunity than to work with the NCIS cast and producers."

As far as how she'll gracefully bow out of the show, we expect the call from her mother she got in the Season 14 finale, which was left as a cliffhanger, will likely be used to explain away her absence when the show returns in the fall for Season 15.

Esposito will remain a recurring star on Showtime's The Affair. With her newfound spare time, the actress has booked a role in the upcoming film Speed Kills.
NCIS returns Tuesdays this fall at 8/7c on CBS.

Phooey! I liked her better than Torres. Maybe they'll bring back Tess. Or not.

From Deadline.

Jennifer Esposito Leaving ‘NCIS’, Joining John Travolta Feature ‘Speed Kills’

EXCLUSIVE: Jennifer Esposito is exiting veteran CBS drama NCIS after one season as a series regular. She remains in the CBS family via her ongoing recurring role on Showtime’s The Affair as Nina Solloway, Noah’s (Dominic West) sister. Additionally, Esposito has booked a co-starring role opposite John Travolta in the feature Speed Kills for Hannibal Classics.

Esposito was introduced in the NCIS Season 14 premiere last fall. She played NCIS Special Agent Alexandra “Alex” Quinn, an experienced agent who left field work and became an instructor at the Law Enforcement Training Center. Gibbs (Mark Harmon) lured her back into the field as part of his team, taking advantage of her sharp wit, quick mind and immense talent as a federal agent.

“It was a great experience,” Esposito said in a statement to Deadline. “I could not have asked for a better opportunity than to work with the NCIS cast and producers.”

The character of Quinn was conceived by former NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg shortly before his death last September. I hear the show plans to go in a new creative direction next season.

Quinn was involved in one of the Season 14 finale cliffhangers, taking two calls from her mother whose contents were not revealed. They could presumably be used to explain Quinn’s exit from the team.

This was Esposito’s second series regular gig on a CBS drama following a stint on Blue Bloods whose end made headlines. She also starred on ABC’s Mistresses for one season.

The John Luessenhop-directed Speed Kills is based on the true story of speedboat racing champion and multimillionaire Don Aronow, who leads a double life that lands him in trouble with both the law and Drug Lords. Esposito will play Aronow’s (Travolta) wife. Saban Films has acquired the rights to the film for U.S. distribution.

Esposito, who authored the best-selling book Jennifer’s Way, has a cookbook, Jennifer’s Way Kitchen, coming out in September from Grand Central Publishing.

She’s repped by CAA and managed by Carissa Stewart at GSA Entertainment.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:23 am 
Director

Jennifer Esposito: Leaving NCIS After One Season!
https://www.tvfanatic.com/2017/06/jennifer-esposito-leaving-ncis-after-one-season/

Jennifer Esposito will not be staging a comeback this fall as Alex Quinn on NCIS.
Esposito confirmed the news to Deadline in a short and sweet statement, saying "It was a great experience."

"I could not have asked for a better opportunity than to work with the NCIS cast and producers."
Jennifer's first appearance on NCIS Season 14 Episode 1 was a hit with fans.
Little is known about what went down that paved the way for the departure, but you will probably be able to tell how the story ends if you watch NCIS online.
Jennifer received a call from her mother at the conclusion of Season 14, so something tells us a family drama will see her leave the team on a permanent basis.

There is no word whether she will return via a guest appearance to close up the story, but it does seem like the type of story that can be resolved in a matter of scenes.
For what it's worth, we really enjoyed the character of Alex, but she was a little underdeveloped. We would have liked a little more insight into her life.
As always, Esposito turned in a solid performance and is tapped to stay in business with CBS, with a recurring role on Showtime's The Affair.
It has also been announced that Esposito has booked a co-starring role with John Travolta on Speed Kills.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:59 pm 
Director's Secretary

Name: Blue
link: Blue's Stories
link: Blue's AO3
Well, I am not really surprised. I did think the show needed another female and she's a competent actor and a known quantity, but she never did read as a great fit. Hope her replacement if there is one will be female. The show could use a few good women.

If Mark Harmon decides to leave, they use use the remaining episodes to wind the show down and finish it. No limping along for several more seasons with an already tired cast. No more big villains. I already am tired of the thing with the mayor, it's so unreal and it would so get Pride fired and the mayor arrested too I suspect. As everyone probably already knows, I'm FURIOUS that the NCIS LA has gone the route of killing off characters, especially FEMALE characters.

Let's hope that they don't kill Jennifer's character off. Even though she isn't my favorite, she doesn't deserve that. Killing off agents and their families isn't drama or entertaining.

Anyway... we shuffle along, muttering to ourselves...

Blue wonders absently if Bull will pull it together, and if Eliza will become a series regular next season... assuming there is one...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:21 am 
Director

I'm with you on the Bull front Blue, it never really squared up (in my opinion) to being great, just Tony in the court room, and all the episodes similiar...he gets them off.

As for Quinn I and glad she is going onto better stuff I never really took to her, but they will write her out as to go and look after her mother and maybe get her to go back to "teaching"

It is about the series was wound up, Gibbs is well past retirement age, the only way it could now carry on is they do in some authors writings where the detective retires and comes back for cold cases or brought back on an advisory capacity.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:30 am 
Director

Are You Sad Jennifer Esposito Is Leaving After Only One Season?

NCIS ended up bringing on three new series regulars in season 14 after Michael Weatherly left, leading to quite a full team, even with one only working with them sometimes, but that's not going to continue in season 15. That's a good thing, because something had to change, but did Alex Quinn have to be the one to go?

Sadly, that's going to be the case, as Jennifer Esposito is leaving the CBS drama after only one season as a series regular. At least it's likely they won't be killing her off.

Someone Had to Go, But Did It Have to Be Quinn?

At times, it seemed like season 14 was all about the new instead of the already established, and that was because there was so much that was new. With three new regulars -- Esposito's Quinn, Wilmer Valderrama's Torres and Duane Henry's Reeves -- not everyone could stay for season 15 without likely running into the same problems that came with too many people around. Sure, they had Reeves working part-time with the team, but he ended up being the best of the new bunch.

However, Quinn wasn't the worst of the new regulars, so it is going to be sad to see her go. She brought her experience both in the field -- and her time with Gibbs' team allowed her to get some closure regarding why she left field work -- and as an instructor, which allowed her to know her teammates' strengths and weaknesses from their time in FLETC. It's been great to have another female agent in the field with Bishop, and it is going to be a shame to lose that.

And while Quinn may have been an instructor before returning to field work, she seemed to fit in better and work better with a team than Torres, who preferred his undercover, lone wolf work. (Even Reeves, who, prior to working with NCIS and Gibbs' team, was the one to volunteer for high-risk missions, seemed to fit in better -- or at least be willing to try to fit in -- with a group that became a family than Torres.)

Time to Refocus on the "Old" After Too Much Time on the New

While Quinn wouldn't have been my first pick to go, it's hard not to be okay with one of the new characters leaving. Hopefully this means that season 15 will return the focus to those who have been there for years, especially since season 14 did a pretty good job of exploring all three new characters, both on the job and off.

In fact, it's easy to see why Quinn wasn't necessarily a character who would stick around. (Following the news of her departure, Esposito tweeted, "Was not meant to be there long.") We got to know her as an instructor through conversations with the rest of the team. We found out why she left field work and saw her get closure. We saw some of her personal life, through meeting her mother and the others wondering if something happened between her and Torres in the past. That's quite a bit to learn about a new character over one season when it took multiple seasons to find out about others over the course of the show.

There Are Multiple Ways to Write Her Out -- and Not for Good

Since the major season 14 finale cliffhanger saw Gibbs and McGee left behind in Paraguay, facing rebels and fighting for their lives, it seems very unlikely that NCIS is going to kill off Quinn. (It's hard to see them going for an out-of-nowhere off-screen death with that needing to be resolved.)

Instead, it seems more likely that her departure will be a quiet one, and after all the time spent on the new in season 14, that's probably for the best with the two field agents who have been around the longest stranded in another country.

Quinn could decide to go back to being an instructor, perhaps after being reminded of the dangers of field work with the position Gibbs and McGee are in or for some other reason. However, because of that cliffhanger, there does have to be something else to explain her absence as the team works to rescue them, so it's likely that's where the calls from her mother will come in. After all, there has to be a reason why Quinn's mother was introduced and why she got those calls.

http://www.buddytv.com

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:52 am 
Director

‘NCIS’ Season 15 air date, spoilers: Leroy Jethro Gibbs meets new love interest?

Mark Harmon's character is set to meet Reagan in the imminent fifteenth season.
Published on:28 June 2017

The character of Mark Harmon is said to have a new love interest in 'NCIS' Season 15.
Thousands of fans are now excited for the imminent premiere of the 'NCIS' Season 15.
Now, news spoilers are claiming that the upcoming installment would be introducing new characters after it was confirmed that a member of the cast is making an exit.

Leroy Jethro Gibbs to have a love interest in upcoming fifteenth installment?
CarterMatt shared that a new character would be joining the up and coming 'NCIS' Season 15. According to the publication, a woman named Reagan is very likely to become the new love interest of Leroy Jethro Gibbs (#Mark Harmon). Approximately in her middle forties, Reagan has a background in psychology.

Leroy Jethro Gibbs and Reagan are expected to have a rough start but they will soon realize that already have feelings towards each other.

Although there are no other concrete details made available for the new character in 'NCIS' Season 15, CarterMatt has clarified that Reagan’s name might be changed without prior notice. Rumors are also rife that a new Assistant Director would also be joining the cast in the upcoming fifteenth installment.

We can recall that several followers of the series were stunned after CBS confirmed that Jennifer Esposito would no longer be returning as Alex Quinn. While Esposito’s character had captured the hearts of many, it seems that her character would no longer be needed as the show is being taken into a different direction. "It was a great experience," Jennifer Esposito said after her exit from the Season15 of 'NCIS'.

"I could not have asked for a better opportunity than to work with the NCIS cast and producers," the actress added.

TV Line shared that the production team would no longer be following the blueprints of the late Gary Glasberg. 'NCIS' Season 15 spoilers suggest that Alex Quinn would be departing the show after she gets two mysterious calls from her mother in the Season 14 finale.

Other things to expect in the imminent fifteenth season
Meanwhile, Celebeat shared that #Michael Weatherly and Cote de Pablo could possibly make a reunion in the 'NCIS' Season 15. The publication stated that the Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo (Weatherly) and Ziva David (de Pablo) would make an appearance again after they left to focus on their kid named Tali.

While it is not impossible for Weatherly and de Pablo’s characters to make their return, CarterMatt shared that it is impossible right now. The publication stated that the 48-year-old actor is currently working on the upcoming 'Bull' Season 2 while Latina actress is currently busying with her other commitments.However, Michael Weatherly has shared that he is open to get reunited with Cote de Pablo via the 'Bull' Season 2.

'NCIS' Season 15 is set to premiere in fall with Mark Harmon reprising his role as Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv/2 ... 08827.html

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:42 am 
Team Leader

Title: Kibbs Addict
Name: Sarah
Aliases: sarahflute, sarah-flute, Floot, tiggrie, kassipoeg
link: fanfiction.net
link: AO3
link: NFA storyboard
Honestly, I would be disappointed if they brought Tony back just for Tiva reasons. He was a character before and after Ziva, and they did way too much focus on Tiva as it was, IMO. I feel like they would be beating a dead horse at this point. Let Tony come back for Tony reasons.

If they're gonna give Gibbs a love interest, I just really, really hope that they find someone with good chemistry and make her a decent person, not the cringeworthy trainwreck that was Sam Ryan. I still want them to get Allison Janney on, but she's probably not considered young enough these days, even though she'd be completely age appropriate for Gibbs and she's still stupid attractive :nice: (I don't have a problem with age gap romance, in fact I'm quite fond of it when it develops naturally, but it would be so nice to see such a talented actress reprise proven chemistry and see a good ol' fashioned romance for middle aged peeps. Yes, I'm getting old. No, I'm not sorry.)

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:50 am 
Director's Secretary

I really think his love interest should be less than 10 years younger than Mark Harmon. There are women who look good enough... and a few really first class actors in the bunch. I'm tired of old men getting women young enough to bear children. Why? I think it's just wrong for old men to steal from the pool of young, childbearing women.

I also hate it as a TV trope that the old guy gets to have a girl young enough to be his child.

Now, on a case by case basis, i do think people should marry who they love, age being irrelevant, but as a trope in cinema/tv, it's old and just continues the man power thing. according to TV/movies: Older woman with younger man is freakish, older man with young woman is just fine and dandy and shows that the man has 'still got it going on'. (Blue makes a rude sucking sound with her teeth)

It makes me doubly mad b/c women over 30 can't get a job in Hollywood that doesn't involve being mommy or even grand-mom. This leads to TV shows where TV moms were parents to 'teenage' sons who were less than a decade younger than they were.

By contrast, men over 60 routinely get leading man status and have hot women on their arms. Sorry, when I was 30, there was no way I was dating a man old enough to be daddy. Who would be 80 now...

PS: i still think Mark is hot. But he deserves a woman HIS age. One who listens to his music and has a clue about the history he lived through. Parents and children are supposed to have a generation gap. husband and wife, not so much.

</end rant>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:55 am 
Director's Secretary

I would not mind them unkilling Ziva. Killing her was one of the stupidest things they could have done. :gibbssmack: They should spend the last season working out plausible reasons to unkill :dancing: most of the people they killed off for drama. That would be TRULY dramatic!! :lol2: :yesyes:

I *do* agree that Ziva and Tony don't need to be joined at the hip. It's not all about the drama of relationships that work or don't or tragedies that break up the 'one true love'... well, it doesn't have to be. Right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:09 pm 
Team Leader

Yeah, you basically nailed it. I don't have an issue with May/December romance at all, but when they're specifically writing a character to have a romance with him, rather than just noticing on screen chemistry and going "Oooh!" then whyyyyy can't it be a (frankly often more interesting) relationship of equals between two people with similar age/life experience? I mean, does anyone really need to be told Mark Harmon still has it going on? WE ARE NOT BLIND, WE CAN SEE HE'S STILL HOT. And I'm not being funny, but hell, there are plenty of age appropriate women WHO ARE ALSO STILL HOT *cough*ALLISON JANNEY FOR STARTERS*cough* It's like... I can see there are characters/actors where they might feel a need to shore up the sex appeal creds, but... hello, this is Mark Harmon, he's like, the proverbial silver fox, and Gibbs has women drooling all over him even when he's trying to put them off: what idiot thinks his sex appeal needs to be pointed out? :confusion-shrug: Shouldn't that be a welcome chance to do something more interesting??

I bet their excuse would be that they tried that with JLC and it wasn't popular, but I'd posit that that wasn't because of JLC's age but because 1) their chemistry was kind of funky (I thought the same when I watched Freaky Friday) and 2) they wrote her incredibly poorly and the romance was forced to the point where, tbh, the only rationale I could come up with for it was that it was a symptom of Gibbs chasing the wrong women. Like... she was creepy as all getout, she BUGGED HIS HOME, she was manipulative and deceitful, and it deserves mentioning twice, she was seriously creepy. NONE of this had to do with her age or with JLC's acting. All of it was just crappy writing and trying to shoehorn a romance in that made zero sense.

Gah. I'm forever mad about that, tbh, because how do you manage a casting coup like getting Jamie Lee Curtis and then screw it up so monumentally. I seriously wonder about the folks over at CBS/NCIS sometimes, I really do...

Regarding Tiva: I think if they wanted me to believe it was One True Love, they needed not to leave them in a holding pattern for eight long years. At some point, it just gets annoying. I'd love to see Tony come back. I'd frankly have no objection to Ziva coming back. I would roll my eyes so hard I'd probably strain something if they brought either or both of them back for Tiva purposes. I was resigned to Tiva being one of those things that became canon in whenever the last episode turned out to be, but that was on the assumption they were both still on the show. Dragging them back to resurrect that? Oh please, no...

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:58 pm 
Director's Secretary

I would give much money for them to write an older woman love interest for Gibbs that wasn't totally neurotic. The last person i liked that they paired him with was the colonel. She was straightforward and she was in charge of herself. But they couldn't let him have something good and simple. So he's snake bit by all these red haired wife replacements. One thing that never works is replacement partners. JLC was a heck of a coup, but they probably should have made her something else besides his gf, maybe we would have had her on the show still.

To be honest, the relationship on the show that works best for me is Fornell, probably why i ship them. It's fun. They get each other. They are playful. And they don't take each other's BS. Now, since they aren't going to write gay/bi love for him, they need to find him someone who can have a similar light touch. Maybe we should meet another FBI agent b/c Fornell is off somewhere doing stuff?

Maybe he should retire at the end of this year b/c his fiancee/gf/wife is stationed someplace and he wants to go with her... In other words, give him a real adult relationship with a real adult with a career who isn't hanging on to the tails of his coat...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:51 pm 
Team Leader

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Colonel Mann - every time I watch that sequence of episodes, I'm less enamoured with her. That said, I think it was largely a writing issue, the actors actually had chemistry (which I just don't see with JLC and Mark) and it grew in a reasonably believable way (as TV romance goes...) and they seemed to like each other, at least to start with. Whereas the whole Sam Ryan 'romance' was just... I don't know what they were thinking there. Way to go trashing a fantastic casting guy coup, guys :banghead: I think without the stupid romance plot, she would have been great as a kind of foil to Gibbs and an ongoing guest star, like Fornell.

I can totally get behind Fornell and Gibbs as a sort of platonic life partners who maybe share a bed and maybe have sex, but for some reason I just don't 'get' them as a truly romantic pairing, and I've never been able to figure out why. It's weird, the basic ingredients for a couple I love are all there, and I absolutely love when they behave like an old married couple (arguing about driving, banter, eating take out together, "you never dress up for me any more" etc), but for me they don't click as even a remotely serious romance. Friends with benefits, even long term, absolutely, but they don't hit my romance buttons, and I really don't wanna know about the benefits :shocked: :rofl:

I used to think it was just Gibbs and not being able to see him with another guy/seeing him as straighter than straight, and then the Lie to NCIS 'verse happened and... no, it's not that :rofl: I mean, I ended up writing Gibbs with Tony, even, which is not a relationship I see as a serious long term prospect (objectively I find Fibbs more credible than Tibbs), but for some reason, Fibbs just doesn't work for me, and I cannot figure out why not :confusion-shrug:

That said, if I thought there was the remotest chance the show would go there, it would be the most logical and satisfactory of the options currently available. Honestly, it would be kind of nice, even ignoring the possibility of actual lgbt representation which is obviously a big deal, to see them have a couple of old friends who actually know and (more or less...) like each other develop a romance. Like, why is this such a rare thing??

I am wildly unexcited about the prospect of a character being brought in basically in order to write a romance, like... bored now. If the show's winding down and they actually give Gibbs some flavour of happy ending I might forgive them for it, and there's always the remote possibility they will cast and write her well, but I really can't get excited or even moderately interested in them bringing in a character for romance purposes and possibly just to remind us all Mark Harmon is a hottie. I mean hey, I have eyes, I worked that out, shoehorning a stupid romance in there is just gonna make me do this face a lot: :rolleyes:

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:29 am 
Director

‘NCIS’ Season 15 Spoilers: Wilmer Valderrama Hints At What Happens To Torres

NCIS Agent Nicholas Torres, played by Wilmer Valderrama, is one of the newest characters to join the hit CBS crime drama series. Once an undercover agent, Gibbs’ (Mark Harmon) decided to recruit him after realizing his potential. But there’s more about Torres that people, including Valderrama, should understand. In a recent interview, the 37-year-old actor revealed what lies ahead for his character and what changes he will go through when NCIS Season 15 premieres later this year.

The last time fans saw Torres in NCIS Season 14 finale, he managed to escape Paraguay, bringing along with him children who had been stolen by rebel groups. When Season 15 premieres, it’s going to be a new journey for Torres, Valderrama shared to Parade.

Torres is a known loner, having gone deep as an undercover agent before he joined Gibbs’ team. Because of his skills, Torres had been sent on long assignments alone, often cutting off communication with his sister. As NCIS moves forward with Season 15, Valderrama revealed that Torres would begin to understand more about his purpose, and perhaps, get an answer as to why Gibbs picked him to become part of his team.

“In his first year, Torres didn’t really see his true purpose but he was willing to give it a shot. By the end of the season, he realized it really was a family, they really do have each other’s backs, it is okay to be vulnerable, and it is okay to submerge yourself in the new family.”

Because of this realization, Torres will “follow suit and take more responsibility on his end,” as Valderrama said. He will bring out his best so that he can become a true asset to the team and have a sense of belonging to the NCIS family. This means fans can expect a more caring Torres, who will think that his teammates are worth dying for if necessary.

Valderrama may have given fans a hint on how Torres can change in NCIS Season 15, but he knows it’s going to be a tough road for his character. In a previous interview with Buddy TV, Valderrama said that Torres would have a hard time connecting with others, but eventually, he’ll learn how to play well with them.

NCIS Season 15 will bring a brand new side of Torres, who will probably emerge as a true leader. Gibbs has, after all, always hoped that Torres would become a leader.

http://www.inquisitr.com

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:50 am 
Director

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/ncis/nc ... 65526.aspx

There's yet another casting change in store for NCIS in season 15, as CBS has announced that Maria Bello is joining the cast of the hit drama as a new series regular and will first appear in the fourth episode.
According to CBS' description of Bello's character, the agent "was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the army and served two tours in Afghanistan. After joining NCIS, she built her reputation as the agency's premier forensic psychologist. Unlike the other agents, she can second guess and challenge Gibbs, so there will be friction but also mutual respect. She is a positive force, mischievous and at times acerbic."

well here's hoping she won't be as annoying as Sam Ryan, but don't hold your breath. I hope they won't make her Gibbs love interest, not after all the others.

But being a forensic psychologist here's hoping she doesn't annoy Abby

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:21 pm 
Director

Mark Harmon not quitting ‘NCIS’ Season 15, spoilers unveiled

'NCIS' Season 15 is already in the making and Mark Harmon will still be in it.

This fall, crime drama fans will have a load of stuff to look forward to, because the “NCIS” Season 15 is coming up. What is great about every “NCIS” season or episode, is that we can expect new stories (of course) and new guest stars that would leave fans wondering what kind of role they would be playing together with the lead actor, #Mark Harmon.

"NCIS" fans should be happy now that it has been confirmed that Mark Harmon is not going to leave the TV series. Another reason to celebrate is that the show will continue to have surprise guests. The guest star would be the "Girl Meets World" actress Cheryl Texiera. The actress announced on Twitter that she is, in fact, appearing in an episode or more of “NCIS” Season 15.

Even though the character was not thoroughly elaborated, we can assume that she will be joining the cast for a little while.

Mark Harmon meets Cheryl Texiera in new ‘NCIS’. She posted a picture of what seemed to be her role, wearing a pair of ripped pants, black boots, black choker and black top side by side with another. Each had a slight difference from the other. It’s easy to assume her character is going to be a badass. Along with the photo, she captioned “From audition to full concept. Filmed an awesome role for "NCIS" today. Such an incredible cast & crew!!!” The actress surely enjoyed the experience of being part of "NCIS." Who would not?

In the previous episodes of NCIS, we’ve seen actors take a role and leave it like Jennifer Esposito (Alexandra Quinn), who decided to be a part of another CBS series instead.

Harmon will not leave the show

On the other hand, news about Mark Harmon who plays the supervisory special agent, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, was circulating that the actor would be leaving the show. This news was later on downgraded to mere rumor as the actor had already started filming.

But what started the rumors about his departure were a few factors including his health. The actor had lost weight after a knee surgery. With this baggage, even though the actor is already part of the main line-up of characters, it’s possible that his role might be aired less.

Some major changes might even happen if we are to think in advance, let’s say to "NCIS" Season 16. This long-running show might undergo changes but we can expect that the show runners will keep on producing great episodes somehow.

For now, “NCIS” Season 15 has a lot in store for the fans. We’re to expect reunions, more cases and some loved characters might even take a visit.

http://us.blastingnews.com

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:20 pm 
Administrator

Title: Goddess of Gab
Name: Barbara
link: Author Board
link: Story Board Profile
I freaking love Maria Bello! I'm very excited about this. :bounce:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:21 am 
Director

What is Forensic Psychology?

Forensic psychology is the interaction of the practice or study of psychology and the law. Psychologists interested in this line of applied work may be found working in prisons, jails, rehabilitation centers, police departments, law firms, schools, government agencies, or in private practice, to name a few. They may work in government agencies, or in other settings interested in researching and examining the interaction of human behavior, criminology, and the legal system.

Psychologists working in forensic psychology research or academic settings may teach or research on any topic in which psychology and the law interact. The field seems limitless. To name a few popular areas: criminal profiling, crime trends, effective mental health treatment for offenders, effective treatment for substance abusers, techniques for jury selection, impact of divorce, custody, separation, visitation on children. The list goes on.

https://www.psychologytoday.com

I did this free course

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/health-sp ... n-overview

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:37 am 
Director

NCIS season 15 spoilers: An unusual time jump; McGee – Delilah baby news!

http://cartermatt.com/262822/ncis-seaso ... baby-news/

Let’s start off this round of NCIS season 15 spoilers with something that everyone likes to hear: Cliffhanger resolution news!

If you recall, season 14 came to a close with some of our heroes in a rather-unusual spot. Namely, we’re talking about how McGee and Gibbs found themselves stuck down in Paraguay after a mission went south. The good news is that they didn’t die down there. However, the bad news is that they weren’t able to leave, either. Apparently, being in Paraguay, in this case, makes it the country version of the Hotel California.

So what comes next? Well, let’s just say that McGee and Gibbs are going to be stuck there for a while. Take a look at what co-showrunner Frank Cardea had to say in a chat with TVLine while at TCA this week:

Quote:
“We pick up where we left everybody off at the end of last season …
We flash back about that much, just to remind the audience that these two guys are in jeopardy
and the world’s about to come down on them, and then we pick it back in Washington
[only to discover that they’re still down there].”

For Sean Murray and Mark Harmon, this had to be pretty fun — especially if it means that they got to keep a hiatus beard (if they even grew one in the first place). These two have gone through some challenges before, but seeing Gibbs and McGee separate from their entire lives has to be difficult. For Gibbs, remember that this is a man who loves structure and has grown accustomed to that over time. Meanwhile, McGee has a child on the way and is going to want to be there for every single stage of that process. Him not being there for some of the moments leading up to it has to be fairly devastating. (For the record, the site reports that McGee and Delilah’s baby is coming in October.)

New episodes of NCIS season 15 premiere on CBS this fall, and if you’ve been reading the site often, you know that there are several exciting things to come that will include the arrival of Maria Bello as a series regular in episode 4. Right when Gibbs thinks that he’s back home and into a routine again, someone else is going to come up and shake up his world.

Given what is happening in his personal life, we also have to assume that Margo Harshman will be back at least one more time — we’ve long been a proponent of more Delilah, but at this point, many of those proclamations seem to be falling on deaf ears over at CBS. We’d love to get at least a recurring arc this time given that there is so much material worth touching on!

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:37 am 
Intel Analyst

Title: Crazy Aussie Chick
Aliases: Miz Sazzita,Sazzy,MizSazzy,
iheartGibbs wrote:
I freaking love Maria Bello! I'm very excited about this. :bounce:

Who?

Thank You Shanie(musicnotes093) for the set!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:29 am 
Director

for the Tim babes, look at the facial hair

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:35 am 
Director

To celebrate Fall TV and our huge Fall TV Preview issue — hitting stands on Sept. 15 — EW is bringing you 50 scoops in 50 days, a daily dish on some of your favorite shows. Follow the hashtag #50Scoops50Days on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with the latest, and check EW.com/50-Scoops for all the news and surprises.

Wait, don’t mess up Mark Harmon’s face!

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/07/ncis-gibbs- ... ers-photo/

entertainment weekly

Alas, it was unavoidable: when NCIS returns for a 15th season this fall, Special Agents Leroy Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and Timothy McGee (Sean Murray) are in captivity after traveling to an area of Paraguay that’s controlled by bloodthirsty rebels to locate a lost Navy Seal. EW obtained an exclusive first look of Gibbs and McGee, who will have been under rebel control for two months when the show returns — and their colleagues back in Washington, D.C. have no idea where they ended up.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:12 am 
Director

one wonders if Gibbs' t-shirt will be like John McClane, (Bruce Willis) in Die Hard, and when at the end it looks like it has been washed :lol2:

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:28 am 
Intel Analyst

Name: Shay
link: Dreamwidth Journal
Wait, can that possibly be Sean Murray in that pic? He's completely unrecognizable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:42 am 
Director

PhoenixRising wrote:
Wait, can that possibly be Sean Murray in that pic? He's completely unrecognizable!

have you looked at the video I posted he has a beard

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:00 pm 
Intel Analyst

Name: Shay
link: Dreamwidth Journal
I just did. "Tim" just looks so different with a beard. With that beard and messy hair, I bet he could make a really good 'bad' guy if he wanted to.

My imagination is in overdrive thinking about Sean Murray playing different characters. He really needs to do other acting gigs besides NCIS. Seriously.

I want Michael Weatherly to bring him on Bull to play a scuzzy/skeazy/bad guy type...you know, just for fun. I'd actually watch an episode of Bull if MW brought on his former coworkers to play different characters and Sean Murray needs to branch out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:18 pm 
Director

Tim under cover

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:58 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Daaaaang. It's like fanfic. Everybody's fantasy.

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:28 am 
Director

K9Lasko wrote:
Daaaaang. It's like fanfic. Everybody's fantasy.

you mean Gibbs dirty

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:55 pm 
MTAC Technician

Name: Andrea
Aliases: stargazer218
link: My fanfic.net Page
link: Tumblr
OMGGG!! Sean Murray is SO sexy with that facial hair. :thud:

Was watching a repeat yesterday, and pointed out WV to my best friend... she was like "Whoa, he's not a nerd anymore! He's really cute!!" :lol2:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:47 am 
Director's Secretary

PhoenixRising wrote:
I just did. "Tim" just looks so different with a beard. With that beard and messy hair, I bet he could make a really good 'bad' guy if he wanted to.

My imagination is in overdrive thinking about Sean Murray playing different characters. He really needs to do other acting gigs besides NCIS. Seriously.

I want Michael Weatherly to bring him on Bull to play a scuzzy/skeazy/bad guy type...you know, just for fun. I'd actually watch an episode of Bull if MW brought on his former coworkers to play different characters and Sean Murray needs to branch out.

I so agree. Sean needs to branch out AND Bull needs some different blood... and stirring up so it isn't so static. Law and order had the police parts for a reason -- the 'all courtroom all the time' thing really does get old fast even if you do it well and I'm not sure it's being done with much originality on Bull.

Currently, the main reason I watch any episodes is because it has my girl 'Faith' (name of the character played by actress Eliza Dushku in Buffy). She isn't that great an actress, but she is great to play against b/c she plays the antagonist well. Unless they can make things really gel this season, I don't see them getting another one.

Sean as a bad guy. :dancing: 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:11 am 
Director

http://cartermatt.com/?s=ncis

Want some of the latest NCIS season 15 casting news? Well, this time it’s coming your way courtesy of Trevor Donovan.

In a new post on Twitter, Donovan (who is known for such shows as 90210 and Days of Our Lives) made it clear that he is appearing on the show in some capacity. Unfortunately, there isn’t all that much that can be said about the role just yet. Donovan was mum on it, but this picture is certainly imposing in its own right and it’s probably fair to say that his character does have some connections to the Navy. (After all, just remember what the title for this show is.)
Donovan is signing on to NCIS at a time in which we know there are several new and returning characters stopping by. We’ve already reported that Cheryl Texiera of Girl Meets World will be making a guest-starring appearance a little bit later this year, and beyond that, we’re also going to be seeing Maria Bello in a series regular role starting in around the fourth episode of the season. She is going to be playing a strong, tough woman who is not afraid to go toe-to-toe with Agent Gibbs (Mark Harmon). Some of the current returning characters into Robert Wagner as Anthony DiNozzo Sr. and Joe Spano as Tobias Fornell.

The thing about NCIS is that when you think about the structure of the show, there’s always going to be room for some more noteworthy names to stop by. Every crime tends to have a guilty party behind it, and there are also victims and people tied to the case. To go with that, you do have here and there some recurring players like Congresswoman Fleming who we saw on the show last year.

In addition to taking on the longstanding roles on some of the shows that we’ve mentioned here already, Donovan has also appeared on The Client List, the miniseries Texas Rising, and also Melissa & Joey. Just when looking at these shows altogether, it’s pretty clear that he’s someone well-balanced in doing a wide array of different shows. There should be all sorts of cool opportunities for him to play around in this world, so we’ll just see what happens here and if it’s possible that he becomes someone we see for several episodes as opposed to just one.

Want to get some other NCIS news and updates?

Then be sure to head over to the link here right now! Remember that this show is going to be premiering on CBS in just over a month, and we should have some additional news all about it as we get closer to that day. Rest assured that even though this is season 15, it does still feel as though there are many more stories to tell for these characters.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:22 am 
Director

NCIS Is The Biggest Show On Earth With over 18 million viewers in more than 200 territories worldwide, NCIS has become a global phenomenon.

There are many ways to gauge the incredible success of NCIS. You might start with the fact that it's been the No. 1 or 2 most watched show in the world over the past three years. Or that it has consistently been the top-ranked drama in the United States for more than a decade.

Or you could peruse the internet to count the rabid fan offerings—from Tolstoy-length fan fiction to "Mrs. Mark Harmon" T-shirts to a variety of Abby dolls (crochet, anyone?). Another clear indicator is something Harmon recently said over lunch to his longtime NCIS executive producer, Chas. Floyd Johnson: "After 14 years, I still love coming to work with this cast and this crew."

During those 14 years, and while watching NCIS marathons on TV, Johnson has noticed that the show, about a Navy criminal investigation unit, "becomes like an old friend," thanks to its main characters, the procedural format, and its particular brew of humor and drama.

He credits show creator Donald Bellisario for forging the original subtle interplay between comedy and crime. "NCIS has an ability not to let the humor step on the drama," Johnson says. "It doesn't belittle the actual investigation." It's something that Bellisario developed on The Rockford Files in the 1970s and on Magnum, P.I. in the 1980s; Johnson worked as a producer for the latter.

"It's really smart to stick with the idea that they are going to solve a case every week," says Donna Kauffman, who has been writing NCIS recaps for the past two seasons for USA Today. "A lot of shows that have strong characters devolve into a soap opera."

This "dead guy of the week" format, as she calls it, is what Kauffman loves most about the show. She also notes that its consistent but not showy way of integrating real issues into episodes helps ground NCIS even further. Military initiatives that help suffering soldiers have been highlighted in such a way that they don’t feel like public service announcements, so much so that Kauffman often looks up whether a featured program actually exists—and invariably finds that it does. "They do a lovely job at that," she says.

Keeping it real—including special cameos, like former first lady Michelle Obama—is part of what makes the show "unique," says Johnson, who reports that the actual NCIS was at first skeptical of the production. "We had to prove ourselves," he says. "They were very afraid that we might minimize the military, but we have been very respectful." Johnson says the show and the Navy continue to have a strong, collaborative relationship. In the spring, CBS’s 48 Hours ran a six-part series on the real NCIS, with NCIS actor Rocky Carroll narrating.

But everyone has different reasons to love the show. TV Fanatic reviewer Kathleen Wiedel says that action fans love to feast on the big explosions that frequent NCIS: Los Angeles, one of two spin-offs (the other is NCIS: New Orleans).

The characters and the actors who play them are the primary reason Wiedel has been a fan since the original show's pilot in 2003. "I love the actors," she says, citing David McCallum, who plays the medical examiner, Ducky, and then Harmon, who plays special agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, the leader of the unit.

Johnson says that Harmon has a special quality to him. "He has a genuine relatability to his personality. He is in many ways an everyman," he says. "The show has had a long arc, so Gibbs is a complicated character. And Harmon has understood how to fill that character. I've been amazed watching him. When there's humor to the show, he may not be the one to initiate it, but with one look, he can control the scene with the force of his personality."

As for McCallum, Johnson admires the seasoned actor for going the extra mile, spending time with actual coroners to better portray his character.

The eclectic cast of long-term regulars also includes McGee, played by Sean Murray, and Pauley Perrette's Abby, the show's forensic scientist, a nerdy goth girl who has set the template for many of the quirky TV characters on the procedurals that have followed. And plenty of other characters have come and gone. One of the show's bold elements is that beloved regulars can die, sometimes in shocking fashion.

"That started when Sasha Alexander let the show know that she didn't want to work as much," Johnson says of the actress, who played Caitlin Todd, a key character in the first two seasons. "We realized then that to sustain ourselves, to keep the drama and mystery going, we could lose certain characters." Gibbs’ ex-wife, Diane Sterling, for example, was killed in Season 12.

"Knowing that not everybody is going to make it means you care more," says Kauffman, who adds that "comfort" is the primary emotion she feels when watching the show. "You know the crime is going to be solved every week, and they are going to do it together," she says. "And through the tears and the laughter, you are with friends. They are your people."

Which is why it can be difficult for fans, as well as the production, when characters are written off the show. Johnson admits to a lot of soul-searching during such changes, and no more so than when actor Michael Weatherly, who played Tony, left before Season 14 to star in CBS's Bull. "We were petrified," Johnson says.

The introduction of new main characters last year—played by Wilmer Valderrama and Duane Henry—certainly raised the stakes. And when showrunner Gary Glasberg died suddenly, the show was hit particularly hard. "It was a tough year for us," Johnson says. "But we banded together. And the writers did a great job finding who the characters were and how they should relate to each other and making sure the audience would come along."

A year ago, CBS picked up the show for two years, which includes the upcoming 15th season. Watching the 14th season, Johnson's wife told him it feels like a new show, which he considers a good sign. "We keep changing," he says. "And we'd love to continue this chemistry."

http://www.cbs.com

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:27 pm 
Team Leader

Big names? I have never heard of Travor Donovan, and Google left me none the wiser. Who??

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:21 am 
Director's Secretary

flootzavut wrote:
Big names? I have never heard of Travor Donovan, and Google left me none the wiser. Who??

Consider that he's a soap/teen story actor not known for much else, I hardly think he's a big name. More a 'D' list pretty face with the potential to be another Ellie Bishop (if he's an agent). If you get to be a certain age without major leading credits, you're either gonna be a long running soap actor or a character actor. Character actors can be wonderful (Joe Spano, for example) but your generic pretty boy soap? Not so much, usually.

My guess given the addition of several much younger actors, known for teen TV hits is that they're trying to appeal to the 'younger crowd' and doing it in a ham handed way that probably won't work, while it happens at the expense of mature story lines that often require seasoned actors who don't look like teen idols.

I also notice that CBS (the other post) thinks that getting rid of people by killing them keeps the show going... Yeah, not so much. Always go for the hurt, not the kill. It's so much more interesting dramatically and it gives you a chance to bring people back. Yes, sometimes characters do die, but make it count for something rather than being a cheap ratings gimmick.

Shows have shown characters who become alcoholic, whose lives come apart and who end up written off the show because of it... and sometimes, some of them show up later... and they feel real. Real really is nice...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:33 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Quote:
She is going to be playing a strong, tough woman who is not afraid to go toe-to-toe with Agent Gibbs (Mark Harmon).

I feel like they keep this description on hand whenever they cast a new female character.

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:50 pm 
Team Leader

K9Lasko wrote:
Quote:
She is going to be playing a strong, tough woman who is not afraid to go toe-to-toe with Agent Gibbs (Mark Harmon).

I feel like they keep this description on hand whenever they cast a new female character.

Harsh but fair :lol2:

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:43 am 
Director

'NCIS' Season 15: Gibbs Might Sacrifice Himself For Father-To-Be McGee

The previous season of NCIS ended in a cliffhanger, putting fan-favorite agents Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and McGee (Sean Murray) in a dangerous situation. It can be recalled that Gibbs decided to stay in the rebel-infested Paraguay, as Agent Torres (Wilmer Valderrama) took a Navy SEAL and kidnapped children to safety in a chopper. McGee, on the other hand, joined his boss and they are now prisoners of the rebel groups in the area.

It remains to be seen who will save the two top NCIS agents when the show returns for Season 15, but one popular theory is that Gibbs will put his life on the line just to save McGee.

Gibbs will always have his team’s back and he’s a boss that’s ready to make some sacrifices. It is believed that Gibbs will let McGee go home to his wife, Delilah (Margo Harshman), who is expecting a baby. The boss might think that it’s important for the young agent to be present in time for his wife’s delivery.

While it would be almost impossible to fight back a bunch of rebels, it is likely that Gibbs and McGee will come up with a brilliant plan to escape whenever they have the opportunity.

NCIS co-showrunner Frank Cardea has already provided a bit of spoilers for Season 15, saying that the premiere will have a time jump — two months since the rescue operation. People at the Washington office resume their work, but Gibbs and McGee are not around, which only means that they’re stuck in Paraguay.

A teaser photo of the captive agents has already surfaced, but the showrunner has remained tight-lipped as to how and when Gibbs and McGee will get out of their situation. Fans have speculated that Torres and Bishop (Emily Wickersham) will lead a rescue team for Gibbs and McGee.

There are also those who think that a rescue episode will involve a crossover involving two other NCIS shows, NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans. Other hopefuls wanted Tony DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly) to make a surprise comeback and rescue Gibbs and McGee.

At the moment, fans can only make their own speculations as to how McGee and Gibbs will get back home safely. Viewers will soon find out when NCIS Season 15 premieres on Sept. 26 on CBS.

http://www.inquisitr.com

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:28 am 
Director's Secretary

K9Lasko wrote:
Quote:

That isn't a character description, that's a trope description. A type. If you can't give us more than that, it's because you really haven't thought out the character.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:18 am 
Team Leader

I'm pretty sure they recycle, because descriptions of female characters on NCIS prior to actually meeting them always sound like tropes. I'm also fairly certain they honestly think that all the audience wants to hear are the good/"dramatic" points of any given character. Long story short: If NCIS ever gives a character description (especially for a female character) that doesn't sound like a walking, talking trope, then I will be surprised (and possibly interested). In the meantime, I'll reserve judgement and see if I like the individual concerned.

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:40 am 
Director

NCIS season 15: Rocky Carroll directing his fifth episode

Rocky Carroll is starting to establish himself as a familiar director on NCIS — after all, he’s in the process of doing his fifth episode!

In a new post on Twitter (see below), series star Pauley Perrette confirmed that the man behind Leon Vance is going to be getting back in the chair for one of the upcoming episodes. The last time that he directed the show was for the episode “Off the Grid” this past season; before that, he also took on the role for “Deja Vu,” “Viral,” and his directorial debut “We Build, We Fight” back in 2015. Directing episodes is an opportunity that is often afforded to actors who spend some time on the show shadowing and picking up the craft. We see Joe Mantegna do it often these days for Criminal Minds, Mariska Hargitay has taken on the role on Law & Order: SVU, and it’s been a regular occurrence for some time from Jensen Ackles over on Supernatural. We’re even starting to see this more in the DC – CW universe, with Tom Cavanagh directing his second episode of The Flash.

Once an actor directs an episode, they tend to make it into either an annual or semi-annual tradition over time. One of the few reasons that you don’t see it happen too much beyond that is the simple fact that directing takes time, in addition to the work that goes into acting on the show. We do also want to see some great Vance material in front of the cameras, as well! He had some interesting material last year as he contemplated a political future.

There’s no official word on which episode Carroll is directing just yet, but anticipate it being among the early batch that start airing this fall. NCIS season 15 started filming weeks ago, and there is a good bit to be excited for in between the resolution to the Gibbs/McGee cliffhanger and also the arrival of Maria Bello as a full-time cast member a handful of episodes into the season. (Jennifer Esposito is departing, and hopefully her character of Alex Quinn is written out in an interesting way.)

http://cartermatt.com

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:39 am 
Director's Secretary

Name: Amber
Aliases: ChibiEarth, Kagome
link: FF.net
link: Website
I think I took more from this thread that Jensen Ackles will be directing again in season thirteen of Supernatural. Likewise, I cannot wait to see Rocky Correll back in the seat. ;D

Banner and icon by me. Halloween Icon Fanart credit. (Gone)
What You Never Lost (TMNT)/Saying Goodbye (NCIS)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:53 am 
MTAC Technician

Kagome wrote:
I think I took more from this thread that Jensen Ackles will be directing again in season thirteen of Supernatural. Likewise, I cannot wait to see Rocky Correll back in the seat. ;D

I think I need to binge watch NCIS... we are getting too close to the new season!

Side Note: SPN is already on season THIRTEEN! Holy moly! Shows how far behind in that show I am!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:03 am 
Director

From TV Guide's fall preview:

NCIS (CBS)
Premieres: Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 8/7c

Where We Left Off: After McGee (Sean Murray) and Delilah (Margo Harshman) found out she's pregnant, they scrapped their plans for a big wedding and decided to have a small ceremony with just their NCIS family. But forget about a honeymoon period: Shortly after they exchanged vows, McGee, Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and Torres (Wilmer Valderrama) were sent to Paraguay on a mission, and only Torres made it out safely.

The Scoop: The season premiere picks up right where we left off, with McGee and Gibbs pinned down in the jungle, but then flashes forward two months... and they're still missing. "The NCIS team, with Bishop (Emily Wickersham) leading, is just trying to operate as if all things are normal," co-showrunner Frank Cardea tells us. The episode follows the team as they attempt to rescue their colleagues -- and the fallout from the mission will have "lasting effects" that reverberate throughout the rest of the season.

Back in the States, Quinn (Jennifer Esposito) will have an offscreen departure from NCIS to tend to her ill mother, and Maria Bello will join the cast in Episode 4 as a forensic psychologist. Delilah will give birth to her and McGee's baby in an episode around the holidays, and Ducky (David McCallum) will receive an offer to speak at his alma mater, where he runs into a "very influential woman," according to Cardea. Returning guest stars include Robert Wagner as Tony DiNozzo Sr. and Laura San Giacomo as Dr. Grace Confalone.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:24 am 
MTAC Technician

I'm interested to see how Gibbs and McGee get out of Paraguay! It's like a fanfic come to life! I love me some McGee whump, but I really, really want the both of them back safe.

Quote:
Other hopefuls wanted Tony DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly) to make a surprise comeback and rescue Gibbs and McGee.

While I'd love to see MW make a guest appearance (I was hoping he would when McGee got married, as they are close friends and all), I don't think him coming back and rescuing them from Paraguay would work at all. MW is busy enough with Bull that I don't forsee him appearing on NCIS too soon.

I kind of want to see Ellie and Torres talk Vance into a rescue operation. I'd love to see Ellie go rogue as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:26 am 
Director

Read somewhere it was called "House Divided" I wondered if it was meaning that Vance had to fight Sec Nav to get the boys home.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:11 pm 
Team Leader

I feel like it would be weird if Tony, in his current situation, didn't turn up for Tim's wedding but was drafted in for a dangerous rescue mission. I mean, which of those scenarios says single dad?? :rolleyes:

(Not that I'd entirely rule it out, because, you know, but I would be fairly annoyed.)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:03 pm 
Senior Field Agent

flootzavut wrote:
I feel like it would be weird if Tony, in his current situation, didn't turn up for Tim's wedding but was drafted in for a dangerous rescue mission. I mean, which of those scenarios says single dad?? :rolleyes:

(Not that I'd entirely rule it out, because, you know, but I would be fairly annoyed.)

Unless he showed up and was like, "Ugh, c'MON guys. I'm gone for ONE YEAR. ONE YEAR and you're already getting yourselves taken captive by a homicidal regime. Alright, alright, up you get, Boss; it's past your bed time. Hang on, hang on; the sitter is calling." *cue laugh track*

- Gareth Keenan