NFA Community Forums

NCIS Fanfiction Addiction Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Welcome to the NFA: NCIS Fanfiction Addiction Community!!

We don’t have many rules, but expect the ones we have to be followed without exception!

RULES:

Absolutely no flaming or disruptive behavior. Such behavior which disturbs the friendly atmosphere of the NFA Community will not be tolerated, and will result in the banning of the offender (after a warning, if the offensive behavior doesn't cease).

Discussion, positive feedback and constructive criticism are highly encouraged. No bashing of an author’s writing technique will be tolerated.

Please keep private messages private. Do not repost any private messages without the sender’s knowledge and prior consent.

You are required to have at least 50 posts to request official author status. You may enter challenges prior to that time, but you may not have an author board.

Please make every effort to ensure that your stories are somewhat error-free and reasonably formatted for ease of reading. If you would like someone to BETA your story (preview it for spelling and grammar errors), see the BETA requests thread.

Please rate and label all stories appropriately (see ratings). Stories not rated high enough or without appropriate warnings will be flagged and the author contacted for the necessary changes. If changes are not made, the story will be assigned a rating by the staff.

Please make every effort to tag your stories to the correct categories. Stories can be submitted to multiple categories, so take advantage of this feature. Stories may also be tagged to open challenges.

Spoiler warnings are strongly recommended.

Adding a disclaimer to your story, or at least your profile, is strongly encouraged. Sample: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Titles and summaries must be appropriate for all readers.

Please keep profanity to a minimum in forum discussion and reviews. Profanity is acceptable in stories, as long as the rating is appropriate.

Actor/actress stories are not permitted...not even if they're visiting an alternate reality. If you use an NFA member in a story, be sure to obtain their permission first!

A number of authors have requested that fans refrain from writing fanfiction based on their work. Therefore submissions will not be accepted based on the works of P.N. Elrod, Raymond Feist, Terry Goodkind, Laurell K. Hamilton, Anne McCaffrey, Robin McKinley, Irene Radford, Anne Rice, and Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb.

Plagiarism will not be tolerated in any way, shape, form or fashion.

No fanart, pictures or other images containing nudity may be posted, even in an appropriately rated thread.

Please limit your signatures to a maximum of 350x746 pixels. If you want to use text, icons, etc in your signature as well as a banner, be sure and make your banner small enough so that your total signature is not larger than the above limits. See example here.

If you have any questions or wish to report any behavior that does not support these rules, please contact a staff member.

TERMS OF USE:

By accessing “NFA Community Forums” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “NFA Community Forums”, “http://forum.nfacommunity.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “NFA Community Forums”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “NFA Community Forums” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “NFA Community Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “NFA Community Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “NFA Community Forums” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

If you are under age 18, you acknowledge that you have a parent or guardian's consent to participate in the forum, and that NFA is not responsible for any material either read or posted by any member. All items read or posted are a personal choice. All stories must be appropriately rated.

For more rules - check the threads in this forum.

Post subject: Signature sizes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:31 pm 
Administrator

Title: Goddess of Gab
Name: Barbara
link: Author Board
link: Story Board Profile
Please limit your signatures to a maximum of 350x746 pixels.

If you want to use text, icons, etc in your signature as well as a banner, be sure and make your banner small enough so that your total signature is not larger than the above limits.

If you have any questions, or need help resizing your pictures or banners, send a PM to any of the staff and we will be happy to assist you!

Thank you so much!

----

I know at this time there are several signatures that do not comply with the above directive and will need to be changed. Please take care of this as soon as possible. If your signature does not comply with the rules, you will receive a PM requesting you make the change immediately.

Again, if you need assistance please PM a staff member.

----

Another note - if you plan to play Duck, Duck, Goose, you will need to make your signature pictures or banner smaller to allow room for a few lines of text.

If you are not willing to give up some of the icons or pictures in your signature, you will need to refrain from participating in the game.

----

Sorry for any inconvenience!

8-)

----

Post subject: Re: Signature sizes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:21 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Title: Three-toed sloth
link: My Fanfiction.Net page
link: My blog
Can this be re-worded so that it actually says what the limit is? (in pixel size).

__________________________________________________________________________________

My Blog- Trixie Belden and other YA books
My fanfiction.net page

"Child, you're forgiven and loved..."

__________________________________________________________________________________

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:58 am 
Autopsy Gremlin

Read and understood

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:06 pm 
Team Leader

Title: Kibbs Addict
Name: Sarah
Aliases: sarahflute, sarah-flute, Floot, tiggrie, kassipoeg
link: fanfiction.net
link: AO3
link: NFA storyboard
Right, in theory, according to the one app I can find that tells me pixels, my sig is now the right size, but please please please let me know if it's not. It looks too wide to me, so I'm gonna keep playing...

Thanks!

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:35 pm 
Team Leader

iheartGibbs wrote:

Just trying to compare, as I have two different apps now telling me very, very different sizes *headdesk*

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

Last edited by flootzavut on Fri May 17, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:42 pm 
Director

Title: DOCTOR!
Aliases: Scurvy Gums Ramona
According to my check, you're dimensions are 375x800. So you'll need to shrink it down slightly.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:49 pm 
Team Leader

Thank you!

I have one programme telling me it's exactly the right size, and another telling me it's 2000 pixels across. It appears that neither is accurate :banghead: which makes me wonder why they include the pixel count at all, but hey ho.

I just had an idea of a way to ensure I get it right, so you never know, it may appear tonight...

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:58 pm 
Team Leader

:banghead: I saved the sample shot, and overlaid my picture so it would be exactly the right size. In theory. It came out the same size as before.

:banghead:

I shall try again when I'm less tired, otherwise I fear the possibility of things being thrown across the room... :offtobed:

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:20 pm 
Director

You can resize photos in Photobucket if you can't do it just on your computer.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:35 am 
Team Leader

Oh, I realised know that - will check it out!

ETA: bwahahaha that shows you how tired I am, that made no sense whatsoever. It was so nonsensical I hadn't the heart to delete it...

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:42 pm 
Team Leader

iheartGibbs wrote:

Trying again!

Looks right to me, but please, if any mods see this and go, woah, too big, please just let me know! :)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:58 pm 
Director

You are right at the size, I think. So don't put in any extra text or anything, but as you have it, it looks like it fits.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:04 pm 
Team Leader

Yay! Thanks :)

Yeah, if I add any text I will be sure to change it :D

GNU Terry Pratchett