Title: Gibbs' Gal forever
Name: Patsy
Aliases: pattywatty
link: My Author Board
link: My Fanfic.net
Flag: Image
Komiiro wrote:
Maddie.

Not only does confirmation help, but any input at all.

I finished drawing my first take on the main floor. I was watching "Jackknife" and they gave yet ANOTHER angle of the dining room, which kinda showed where the stairs going the basement are... at least I could have sworn I saw the LAUNDRY ROOM!!!!!

Or at least the entrance to.

The basement stairs run under the other stairs, like a normal staircase. I will have to draw this out and scan it in. It's still a bit strange how they did it, but still possible.

I always just saw it as a large kitchen with the ironing board up. I have a big kitchen and from some angles looks like I have a laundry room

ImageImageImage

sig by McMhuirich thank you

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:44 pm 
Director's Secretary

Title: Mistress of the Brig
Name: Janie (Lady Jane)
Aliases: jcmjagfan, jagfanlj, greylady
There's a laudry room tucked in the back behind the kitchen.

What I don't get is how IF the stairs are directly beneth each other, how can the window be at the foot of the stairs? Unless... the stairs are... *gotta think about that* Can't wait to see the solution you've come up with!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:00 pm 
Director

jagfanatic wrote:
There's a laudry room tucked in the back behind the kitchen.

What I don't get is how IF the stairs are directly beneth each other, how can the window be at the foot of the stairs? Unless... the stairs are... *gotta think about that* Can't wait to see the solution you've come up with!

no Janie would work, coming down the stairs and seeing a windo, think fire escape style stairs.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:10 pm 
Autopsy Gremlin

Title: She Who Often Bites Off More Than She Can Chew
Name: Kris
Aliases: Ahn-Li Steffraini
link: Livejournal Blog
link: My Fanfiction
link: My professional writing page
Well, there is a few different options. I tried a few different places (what you can do with that clear paper/plastic stuff you use for overheads, lol...) but it seems the most reasonable place is under the stairs. However, it still places the laundry room near the kitchen/dining room. It's just if you look at the pic of the basement stairs, and through the door, you can see a dryer, which means through laundry room -> stairs to basement.

... ugh... need to get that scanner off my Dad....

- No idea who said it... or if it's been said. Could've been me (Gods know I say it often enough!)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:04 pm 
Autopsy Gremlin

Finally... I have scanned in my first try at the possible layout of the house.

First, the Main Floor.
Here is my logic from the pics.

We've seen the living room & entry hall numerous times enough to gag, lol. As beautiful as it is, I think we might have it memorized. So, the drawings from that is easy.

The harder part was the back portion of the house... strangely... I found a lot of clarity from Jackknife and Outlaws & Inlaws, because of the multiple views of the interior of the house when it came to the dining room. I'm still not 100% sold on the rest, such as the kitchen, laundry room and the rest. I think I need a whole lot of tweaking to get it right.

I still think, if you look through the dining room into the kitchen, that the unexplained gap in the upper cupboards was a window before there was an add on, like what I have added on, like the basement was possibly an afterthought to the original house.

Second, the wild guess, and I stress wild guess, on the second floor.
I know the stairs look effed up in which way they are going. They're not... I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that there was a possibility of a landing midway up the stairs and played with that idea. I'm likely going to play with a different idea (that of a set of straight stairs, because now that I look at it, I don't think there would be a landing... well... maybe.

If there is a landing, it is because the stairs turn so that the basement stairs run beneath them (as seen on the main floor). In fact, if you compare the location of the basement stairs to the second floor stairs you will see that the location is right on top of the other.

Now, if the stairs go straight, that blows my theory a bit on why the stairs to the basement go the way they do, other than the whole stairs being an after thought deal.

I have included my drawing of the basement for one reason - I needed to draw the basement in order to play with stair location.

And that's it for now. I will have better eventually, as every time I see an ep with the house in it, I find myself playing with the layout.

- No idea who said it... or if it's been said. Could've been me (Gods know I say it often enough!)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:21 pm 
Director's Secretary

Title: Mistress of the Brig
Name: Janie (Lady Jane)
Aliases: jcmjagfan, jagfanlj, greylady
Nice job! :clap:

I'm with you on the L or U shaped staircase. The only thing I have a problem with is the door from the kitchen to the laundry. In "Faith" when they left the basement, they entered the kitchen from the door by the frig, so I don't think there's a door on that wall.

I like where you put the bathroom.
If you don't mind, I'm going to use your ideas to modify mine and see what that does. I think my sunroom is a bit bigger, and the bump-out at the rear doesn't extend to the side of the house. I'll have to see how that changes things. You are using 1sq=1ft, right?

I'm not going to add the second floor to the Canon Pics above, but I will add the first floor and basement. May I play with your scan and see if I can make it a little sharper? Before I add either your floor plan or mine, I want to add an overlay of soft green or blue lto the theoretical parts of the house. That is, everything except the Entry, Living, Dining, and Kirchen. Is that okay with you?

Janie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:51 am 
Autopsy Gremlin

Oh crap, I knew I forgot something on those drawings :gibbssmack: to self.

Yeah, 1sq = 1ft. I'm a Canadian who, even though it was metric until you gagged in school, never quite was able to get out of feet & inches (happens when you're raised by grandparents), although, I can't understand miles & mph's (off track, getting back on track).

Go ahead, Janie, this is collaborative not exclusive. Heck, I'm still playing with it. One hint though... DRAW THE BASEMENT FIRST, because it helps with the stairs and their location. You have no idea how many times I "placed" the stairs, thinking it worked, only to remember... ah crap it didn't. With the basement drawn first, you can place it any which way in relation to the house to get it right...

...And you'll see why I placed the stairs, laundry room and basement as I did ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:23 pm 
Junior Field Agent

Title: Queen of Angst
Does anyone have any idea what neighborhood in DC Gibbs's house would be located in? I'm working with the idea of moving Ziva in down the street, and I'd love to have a sense of what kind of neighborhood it is. Thanks!

And Komiiro, thank you SO much for those awesome sketches.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 pm 
Autopsy Gremlin

Thanks...!

I have no idea where in DC his house is. I have never been that far into the States.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:42 am 
Autopsy Gremlin

Hey, wasn't part of the second floor shown in Rule Fifty-One? Without being spoiler-ish, can anyone get screens? Although, it appears that it is indeed a sloped roof to the sides of the house, but not to the front or back.

I still say the back past the kitchen is an add-on and the basement was dug after it was built... likely the add-on was built to cover the new hole the basement made.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 pm 
Probie

Title: Writer and reader of fanfic - NCIS fan
Name: Rose
Hi, I just found this forum and as I'm fascinated with Gibbs' house I have a couple of questions. I'm going to see if i can take pix off the DVDs of the house. Can anyone tell me the names of the ep the house can be seen in? So far I have seen mention of
Jack-knife, Outlaws and Inlaws, Faith, Rule 51, Guilty Pleasure, Requiem, Hiatus (flashbacks probably), Escaped.

I remember the ep when Franks hit Tony we saw the back of the house well. I haven't figured out which one that is yet. I also can't figure out where those French doors are.

Also when Fornell and Gibbs cooked together (which ep?) and there was a for sale sign out front. Soon after Hiatus, when Gibbs returned.

Also I have used a program called sketchup which is from Google and is a 3D modeling program. Fascinating to use, and frustrating, too! I'd like to try a model.

And I read back would like clarification about the basement. I know it's accessed through the kitchen-->little laundry room--> go right through door to basement. However as far as I can figure out that places the basement NOT under the house at all. Makes no sense. Should I just chalk that up to unreality and ignore it?

Glad to have found this forum and great house plans and thanks for posting the old plans, too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:24 pm 
Probie

I found a large set of photos of Arts and Crafts bungalows in the Sacramento area at Flickr.
I'm just starting to look through them - note the bedroom under the eaves.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlt/sets/7 ... 307913437/

bedroom
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlt/211202 ... 4394747856

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:25 pm 
Director

Title: DOCTOR!
Aliases: Scurvy Gums Ramona
We see part of the house in Ex-File, i.e. the last Hollis Mann episode. :) The back is seen in Faking It in season 4.

Story coming soon!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:36 pm 
Probie

More of interest at Flickr....there are old house plans from Dover-type books.
This one is very close to Gibbs' house, though backwards. Note the second staircase off the pantry down to the basement.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daily-bung ... 825455588/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:58 am 
Mossad Liaison Officer

Name: Helen
rose_malmaison wrote:
And I read back would like clarification about the basement. I know it's accessed through the kitchen-->little laundry room--> go right through door to basement. However as far as I can figure out that places the basement NOT under the house at all. Makes no sense. Should I just chalk that up to unreality and ignore it?

I've driven myself crazy trying to make sense of the basement - not only is it placed oddly with respect to the house, but it's much too tall. If the floor of the kitchen/living room was the ceiling of the basement, then it should line up with the bottom of the door that leads into the basement (the one at the top of the stairs.) It doesn't - the basement ceiling is well above the top of the door, so the basement is an amazing two stories high. I chalk it up to "TV Basement". (It's obviously a lot easier to film people coming into the basement when you can see the door, so I'm willing to allow for some unreality. It's irritating when writing - I've started just disconnecting all thoughts of the basement from the rest of the house, so as not to go insane. (OK, more insane.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:37 pm 
Probie

I noticed the excessive height of the basement and yet I never 'got' the way the door to the basement and the stairs are just 'wrong'. Another thing is that there were some low shots in Faith in which you could see high up the walls of the living room and just a hint of the top of the set.

Personally, I'm going to think of the basement as being under the house and forget about the way they designed the set. Considering how much care and thought they put into the house I'm surprised they didn't make sense of the basement.

I'm going to check out the DVD extra about the house when I get a chance.

Post subject: Gibbs' House Style
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:08 pm 
Probie

I've been looking at Craftsman houses online - hundreds of them! - but can't find //anything// like Gibbs' house. Most are bungalows, not the obvious 2-story house.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but his is Arts & Crafts or Craftsman, two-story with the attic/3rd story window showing at the front. It is side-gable and the roof at the front is split. I'll attach a screen cap I took - the edges of the picture are odd because I straightened the house in photoshop.

This shows that the living room/DR and kitchen take up only 1/2 of the house, the left side. This allows the right side to have foyer/vestibule with stairs, and I'm going to say that door leads to hall leading back to a bedroom/den and bathroom.

If the kitchen only takes up about 3/4 of the rear of the house then there's room at the back right for a sunroom which has access to the back patio (where we saw Tony get hit over the head).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Gibbs' house exterior
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:14 pm 
Probie

This is a really quick drawing I did - the roof seems strange to me. Also from the episodes I've seen I can't make out if the ground floor is the same size as the second floor. When you're facing the house you can see the cream-painted exterior living room windows. To the left is greenery? trees? where I'd expect to see more of the ground floor. See photo posted earlier.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Has anybody else noticed that during scenes in Gibbs' basement, there seems to be a lot of dogs barking in the background?

---
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub. What have you ever done?"
- Gareth Keenan

:violin:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm 
Director

K9Lasko wrote:
Has anybody else noticed that during scenes in Gibbs' basement, there seems to be a lot of dogs barking in the background?

can't say I have, but then I am usually :flirtysmile: at the TV

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Next time listen. It cracks me up now.

---
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub. What have you ever done?"
- Gareth Keenan

:violin:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:34 pm 
Director

ok

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:09 pm 
Medical Examiner

Name: Lydia
link: fanfic.net
link: tumblr
I've been too busy trying to figure out what the heck he's building down there. (I know they said we'll find out this season but it's been annoying me for awhile)

I'll have to listen for the dogs! :yes:

^^Clicky!^^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:42 pm 
Team Leader

Title: Kibbs Addict
Name: Sarah
Aliases: sarahflute, sarah-flute, Floot, tiggrie, kassipoeg
link: fanfiction.net
link: AO3
link: NFA storyboard
I just found this thread - wow. So much work has gone into making this work. You guys rock. :bow-blue:

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:35 pm 
Director

new Gibbs house

ImageImageImage