link: My Story Board profile
link: My LiveJournal
link: My deviantART
Flag: Image
Title: What Tony listens to after a stressful day
Rating: FR-7
Character: Tony
Category: gen
Summary: Tony comes home from work and puts on the music that helps him relax.

Written mainly for WWC #9 and I chose challenge #5.
---

Man, what a day. One of the worst in weeks. Stress levels had been through the roof for all of them and Tony was nothing but relieved that the case was closed. He shrugged off his jacket, threw the cap up in the hat shelf and dumped his wallet and keys on the small table by the door before heading straight to the living room. He shuffled through his stacks of CDs and chose a couple with Sinatra. He put them all into his stereo, put it on shuffle and then pressed play, letting the soft music fill the apartment.

He smiled when he recognized the first song and sang along to it while he headed to his bedroom to get rid of his clothes.

“And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson. Jilly loves you more than you will know. Wo ho ho. Oh, bless you, please, Mrs. Robinson. Heaven holds a place for those who pray. Hey hey hey. Hey hey hey.”

He'd always like that one. He felt the last bit of stress leave him as he removed his clothes, threw them in the hamper and them walked to the bathroom for a long, hot shower. He had longed for one all day and he would definitely take his time.

When Tony came out from the bathroom, a towel wrapped securely around his waist, he listened for what song was playing now and groaned when he heard that it was Love and Marriage. He admitted that it was a little funny, but it also proved that the view of love and marriage had changed a whole lot since Sinatra's days. Still he hummed along to the happy tune while he changed into sweats and walked out to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

The song changed again and this time it was one of Tony's favorites. A smile split his face and once again he added his voice to Sinatra's, moving in time with the song as he fixed himself some sandwiches. “Fly me to the moon. Let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. In other words, hold my hand. In other words, baby, kiss me...”

Tony took the sandwiches to the living room and flopped down on the couch. He thought of putting on a movie but changed his mind and decided to just sit back, relax and listen to the music. He finished the sandwiches and put the empty plate on the coffee table before making himself more comfortable on the couch. After some time he felt his eyes droop and even though he said to himself that he would just rest his eyes for a while, he soon fell asleep to the tones of the Lady is a Tramp.

When Tony woke up again it was almost 1 o'clock in the morning. He groaned and sat up, grimacing when he felt the crick in his neck. He rubbed it as he yawned, and then he noticed that the music was still playing. It took some time before he recognized the song that was currently on and gave out a soft snort when he heard which it was: Bad, bad Leroy Brown. He listened to the rest of it while he thought of how like Gibbs the man in the song was. Maybe not in all aspects, but there were some similarities.

When the song was over, Tony turned off the stereo and stretched his stiff body. Yawning widely he went back to the bedroom, stripped down to his boxers and crawled into bed. He was just about to set his alarm when he remembered that they had the next day off and let himself settle back with a deep sigh. A few seconds later he was asleep.
-
-
-
The End

"It's either there or it isn't. If you happen to be one, you're stuck with it. You'll write whether you get paid for it or not.
You won't be able to help yourself. When it's going well, it's like reaching up into heaven and pulling down fire. It's better
than any dope you can buy. When it's not going well, it's much like giving birth to a baby elephant."
David Eddings

Newest story: Four things Tim lived to regret, and one thing he didn't - FR7, Tim-centered, general

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:55 pm 
Director

Name: Pam
Aliases: Black-Hearted Nell
Very nice! I've long thought about Tony and his fascination with Sinatra: another swaggering, tough-talking guy who never had trouble picking up girls. There was magic in his songs, even though most of them were covers. I loved the comparison of Leroy Brown to Leroy Gibbs. :lol2:

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:06 am 
Intel Analyst

Title: X-Sergeant X-Dr. Hiccups
Name: Sanna
Aliases: nfa_dragon, Paragon Dragon, sg_slasher, Dragonette
Thanks, Pam. ;D

"It's either there or it isn't. If you happen to be one, you're stuck with it. You'll write whether you get paid for it or not.
You won't be able to help yourself. When it's going well, it's like reaching up into heaven and pulling down fire. It's better
than any dope you can buy. When it's not going well, it's much like giving birth to a baby elephant."
David Eddings

Newest story: Four things Tim lived to regret, and one thing he didn't - FR7, Tim-centered, general

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:14 pm 
Intel Analyst

Title: Loving Every Minute
Name: Heather
Aliases: Mike Franks
Ooooh! I liked that. The way you describe the scene etc was wonderfully done. Such a smooth writing style.

Great job!! I feel like snuggling to sleep...except its the middle of the afternoon...but hey! :)

Nice work again! :clap:

Banner Courtesy of Emy! Icon Courtesy of Emma!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:03 am 
Intel Analyst

Title: X-Sergeant X-Dr. Hiccups
Name: Sanna
Aliases: nfa_dragon, Paragon Dragon, sg_slasher, Dragonette
I think this is the first time someone's ever commented on my writing style. :D I'm glad you think it's smooth. ;D Thank you.

David Eddings