link: My Story Board profile
link: My LiveJournal
link: My deviantART
Flag: Image
Title: Happy Anniversary
WWC # 7: Romance
Rating: FR-15
Pairing: McNozzo
Genre: fluff, romance (and possibly sap)
Summary: It's Tony's and Tim's first year anniversary as a couple and Tony is preparing a nice surprise for Tim.

---

Tony took a couple of steps back to critically inspect his work. Was it too much? Too little? Tony didn't know. He'd never really done any of these sort of things before, and he was starting to get a little anxious, panicked even, but now there was no more time to change anything.

Tony hurried back to the kitchen to check on the roast and the potato wedges in the oven. He'd secretly been taking cooking classes and this was the first time he'd put them to a test at home, at least in an obvious way such as this. The food still looked good, and by all the praise he'd received in class he knew he wasn't a complete screw-up when it came to cooking, but this wasn't something he made for his class. This was way bigger than that.

Tony glanced at the watched and saw that if he hurried he would have time to take a quick shower and change into something nicer than the sweat pants and t-shirt he was wearing under the apron. He dashed to the bathroom ripped off his clothes and jumped into the shower, scrubbing himself all over as quickly and thoroughly as possible, using a fancy, nice smelling soap he'd bought earlier that day for this occasion. Once he was perfectly clean he stepped out of the shower, rubbed himself down with a towel and went to the bedroom to change. A few moments later he gave himself a once-over in front of the mirror and smiled at the image. No question about it, he was hot. And now, all he had to do was to prepare the last minute things. And wait.

---

When Tim came home he could immediately tell that something was out of the ordinary. The first thing he noticed was that no Jethro was coming to greet him. Normally the big Shepherd was waiting for him in the hall even before he'd got the door open, barking and whining with joy, but now he couldn't even hear any sounds that the dog was even there. Then he noticed that the leash was missing from its normal place and for a second he thought that Tony just had taken him for a walk, but then he saw that the coat Tony used when he walked Jethro still hung on its hook by the door. Odd.

Other things were different too. The light seemed warmer somehow than it used to be. More golden. He could hear soft music playing on the stereo in the living room and the smell of newly cooked food came drifting to him, making his stomach rumble. A smile crept onto his lips when he figured that Tony must have a surprise in store for him and couldn't wait to figure out what it was.

“Tony?” he called as he shrugged off his jacket and hung it in the closet. “Are you there?”

“Just a second!” Tony's voice replied and a moment later he came out from the kitchen, a wide, warm grin splitting his face in half at the sight of the other man as he came walking towards him.

Tim couldn't help but stare. Tony looked absolutely gorgeous! He was wearing the dark green, silk shirt and black, tight jeans Tim loved to see him in and his hair was a spiky, sexy mess. Tim felt a sudden urge to grab Tony and pull him into the bedroom, but he had a feeling that that wasn't what Tony had in mind, at least not yet, so he forced himself to be patient.

“Tony, what...” Tim began but was cut off when Tony pulled him in and devoured his mouth in a deep, loving kiss.

“Happy anniversary, Tim”, he said when they broke apart and gave Tim a look so full of love that his heart melted.

“Is that today?” Tim asked and gave Tony a surprised look.

“Yeah. One year today.”

“I.. I didn't know”, Tim stuttered embarrassedly. “I'm sorry.”

“Don't be”, Tony said. “I didn't know until a week ago.”

“Why didn't you tell me?”

“I wanted to see if you'd figure it out by yourself. And I also wanted to surprise you.”

Tony suddenly seemed a little nervous about something and Tim linked fingers with him to tell him that whatever it was, it'd be okay. He saw Tony taking a deep breath and then he was lead towards the dining room.

Tim gaped when he saw the beautifully set table. A crispy white table cloth that hung almost all the way to the floor covered it, and there was lit candles and flowers in a simple arrangement on the top. A bottle of fine, white wine was sitting in the center of the table and Tim smiled when he saw the label. It was his favorite. But what really caught his eyes was the food. There was a platter with a deliciously looking roast beef, half of it cut in paper thin slices, a bowl filled with golden, steaming potato wedges, another one filled with a nice, tossed salad, and there was also a smaller bowl with some kind of sauce. Everything looked delicious and Tim couldn't wait to tray it.

“You made this?” Tim said in amazement and turned to Tony, who smiled almost shyly and gave him a nod. “But when did you...”

“When did I learn how to cook?” Tony filled in and laughed when Tim actually blushed. “Remember all those nights I said that I went to that movie club?” Tim nodded. “Well, actually, I was taking cooking classes.”

“Cooking classes? You've been taking cooking classes?”

“Yeah. The teacher says I've got talent.”

“I can see that. This looks absolutely delicious.”

“Don't say anything more until you've actually tried it”, Tony warned. “I've never made anything like this before.”

“I'm sure it will taste great, Tony. I know it will. By the way, where's Jethro?”

“With Ziva. I wanted him out of the way tonight. I want you all to myself.”

“Good thinking.”

Tim pulled Tony in for another kiss and grinned on the inside when he heard the low moan emerge deep from Tony's throat. For a second he once again considered skipping dinner and dragging Tony straight to bed, but his stomach didn't want to hear of it and started to protest. Loudly.

“Sounds to me we better put some food in you soon”, Tony said with a teasing smile.

“I think so, too”, Tim replied. “I'm starving.”

“Well, in that case...”

Tony steered Tim to his seat and pulled out the chair for him with a bow. Tim shook his head at him with a laugh but sat down and let Tony serve him some food. He felt his mouth start to water and couldn't wait to taste it, but he forced himself to wait until Tony had served himself too.

The food was more delicious than he thought it would be and he couldn't help but to close his eyes to really savor it. The meat was juicy and tender, the wedges were perfectly cooked and the salad and sauce went perfectly with both. What amazed the most was that it was Tony who had cooked it all. Tony! The one who rather spent money on take-out rather than cooking his own meals.

“God, Tony, this is so good”, Tim said with a content sigh and lit a spark of pure delight in Tony's eyes.

“You really think so?” he asked.

“Yeah. You're a great cook. Why didn't you say anything sooner?”

“I didn't want to jinx it, and I really wanted to surprise you with something special today. You really like it?”

“I love it.”

Tony grinned at him before stuffing his own mouth. He had kept himself from eating until he was sure that it would pass Tim's judgment. He had already tasted the food while he cooked it and had even surprised himself by how good it was, but then he'd still been nervous of how Tim would think, especially since it was all done for him. The last bit of anxiety disappeared in a flash and soon they were teasing and bantering back and forth like they often did during meals while they jumped from one topic to the next. After both had eaten as much as they wanted, Tony sent Tim straight to the living room with the rest of the wine while he cleared the table. Tim had wanted to help but Tony didn't want to hear of it so Tim had no other choice but to comply.

“Here comes dessert, Timmy”, Tony said when he returned a few minutes later, carrying two plates holding a large piece of cake each.

“Don't tell me you made that too”, Tim said and gave Tony a disbelieving look.

“No, this I've bought from the new bakery down the street”, Tony replied. “Cooking is one thing, but I learned pretty early that I've got no talent for baking. That I leave to the experts.”

“Okay. So what kind of cake is it?”

Tony cut off a piece of his own cake and offered it to Tim. “Try it.”

Tim opened his mouth to let Tony feed him and couldn’t help but closing his eyes when the wonderful taste of rich, dark chocolate mixed with white chocolate filled his mouth.

“God, Tony. You’re spoiling me”, he mumbled.

“Thought you might like it.”

“This cake must have cost you a fortune.”

“It might have cost me a little more than I had expected, but you’re worth it.”

Tony fed Tim another bite and then he captured his lover’s mouth in a long, deep, chocolate flavored kiss. When they broke apart, faces flushed and lips kissed swollen, they were both smiling goofily at each other again. Tony tangled his fingers with Tim’s .

“I love you, Tim”, he said somberly with and looked Tim deep in the eyes.

“I love you, too.”

After they’d finished the cake and wine, Tony suddenly noticed a mischievous gleam that had sneaked into Tim’s eyes. Tim stood up and without a word he offered his hand to Tony, who took it and let himself be pulled to his feet.

“Why do I have a feeling that you’re up to something?” he asked with a teasing smile.

“Maybe because I am”, Tim replied and pulled Tony closer by his belt. “You’ve spoiled me so much tonight, Tony. Now it’s my turn.”

“Yeah? Am I going to like it?”

“I'm sure you will.”

Tim leaned in closer and whispered sensuously into Tony's ear. Tony felt his eyes go wider at what Tim was telling him and his heart started to thump harder and faster as hot blood rushed south.

“You'd do that?” he asked when Tim pulled away.

“It's only fair, don't you think? Besides, it's the only way I can think of to repay you for tonight. You deserve it, Tony.

Happy anniversary.”
-
-
-
The End

Comments are welcome.

"It's either there or it isn't. If you happen to be one, you're stuck with it. You'll write whether you get paid for it or not.
You won't be able to help yourself. When it's going well, it's like reaching up into heaven and pulling down fire. It's better
than any dope you can buy. When it's not going well, it's much like giving birth to a baby elephant."
David Eddings

Newest story: Four things Tim lived to regret, and one thing he didn't - FR7, Tim-centered, general

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:50 pm 
Director

Name: Pam
Aliases: Black-Hearted Nell
Nice! This is a nice, sweet side of Tim and Tony. :)

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:31 am 
Intel Analyst

Title: X-Sergeant X-Dr. Hiccups
Name: Sanna
Aliases: nfa_dragon, Paragon Dragon, sg_slasher, Dragonette
Thanks, Pam. ;D

"It's either there or it isn't. If you happen to be one, you're stuck with it. You'll write whether you get paid for it or not.
You won't be able to help yourself. When it's going well, it's like reaching up into heaven and pulling down fire. It's better
than any dope you can buy. When it's not going well, it's much like giving birth to a baby elephant."
David Eddings

Newest story: Four things Tim lived to regret, and one thing he didn't - FR7, Tim-centered, general

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:22 pm 
MTAC Technician

Name: Tamara
link: Facebook
i loved it, it made me feel all warm and cozy inside

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:56 am 
Intel Analyst

Title: X-Sergeant X-Dr. Hiccups
Name: Sanna
Aliases: nfa_dragon, Paragon Dragon, sg_slasher, Dragonette
Thanks, Tamara! ;D I'm really happy you liked it.

David Eddings