Director

Title: Gibbs' Gal forever
Name: Patsy
Aliases: pattywatty
link: My Author Board
link: My Fanfic.net
Flag: Image
Shannon

It wasn’t that he listened to the radio, when in the vehicles, but he was on the way to Stillwater, his dad had fallen and although the leg wasn’t broken, it had been badly bruised.

“I’m all right son…….Betty Hannigan’s been looking after me………..I can take care of myself……..have done for years remember……..just do your job, son.” Jackson had replied.

Gibbs hadn’t, of course taken lightly to the request, his father wasn’t getting any younger, but he needed a break………a few days away, and so here he was sitting in a traffic jam, congestion, he had switched the radio on for a jam-buster report. The music from The Beatles wafted through the air:

There are places I'll remember, all my life though some have changed, some forever not for better….

Stillwater, Gibbs thought back to the time he had taken the team there, then when Paloma Reynosa had shot up his father’s store. He thought back to the first time he had seen Shannon in the shop window……..they had met at the station when he was returning to camp, after his mother’s funeral, ……..they had kept in touch and eventually married. Shannon the home-maker, had even sent Christmas Cards to his father, even if he had taken a lover.

Even when they, that would be Shannon, and Kelly had moved with him round with the Corps, her mother Joann, had tried to keep Shannon with her, she loved her “girls”, but she had almost put a bit of a wedge between them, but Shannon knew her place it was with her husband. She had seen, as he had, the disintegration of families; the affairs, the heartache. No she had stayed close by his side.

Some have gone and some remain, all these places had their moments, with lovers and friends I still can recall, some are dead and some are living, in my life I've loved them all……..

The words rang in his ears, he thought of Jenny, Lara, not that he had ever you know……with her, Hollis, the one he might have married, but he just hadn’t the love she wanted…….no craved.

Oh yes, he had loved, but not in the heart breaking, protective feeling Shannon had given. He had turned hard over the years, it had taken its toll on his relationships; his first ex-wife, who had followed him from California, when he had been given his first position away from Mike. His second ex, who he had caught in bed with Fornell…………..it had only been a 3 month deployment in the Med…………so he could have been a better Field Agent. And then finally Steph, he smiled to himself, Steph and Moscow, the long cold nights, and then when he had returned back to Washington, things had turned sour. He still liked her.

But of all these friends and lovers, there is no one compares with you, And these memories lose their meaning When I think of love as something new, though I know I'll never lose affection for people and things that went before I know I'll often stop and think about them. In my life, I love you more,

You made such an impact on my life, with your compassion, and love. I know that to marry again would be an insult to your memory……………….as the traffic began to move. Love you Shannon he whispered, and I am going home.

The End

ImageImageImage

sig by McMhuirich thank you