NFA Community Forums

NCIS Fanfiction Addiction Forums
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is a spoiler zone BUT please be careful. Some threads are designated 'Spoiler Free'.

Things that are OK to post:

Anything announced by CBS
CBS press releases
Anything announced by Harriet on the yahoo site NCIS-CBS
Newspaper articles

EG of a press release (only slightly edited):

WHEN GIBBS IS GIVEN THE FINAL WORD ON ZIVA'S FUTURE WITH NCIS, HE FINDS THE DECISION HARDER TO MAKE THAN HE EVER EXPECTED, ON "NCIS," TUESDAY, SEPT. 29

"Reunion" - The team discovers the bizarre death of a Marine and his two friends may be linked to their past, but its Gibbs who, yet again, ends up taking a trip down memory lane, on NCIS, Tuesday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

RECURRING CAST
Jimmy Palmer.............................. Brian Dietzen

GUEST CAST
Hector Stuckey ...................... Eamonn Roche

DIRECTED BY: Tony Wharmby
WRITTEN BY: Steven D. Binder

Source: CBS

Not OK to post:

Episode summaries not yet released by CBS (TV.com is a good guide for material that is OK)
Casting breakdowns before the episode airs
Script snippets

EG: of casting breakdown (surprisingly, not a real one)

[CORPORAL JOHN O’NEILL] Mid 20s, a blond-haired, handsome man, born with a congenital third leg. An Iraqi War veteran, John is at first a likelable guy but is later found to be a master villan complete with underground lair. He is eventually shot by Ziva who was actually aiming for Tony. MARINE HAIRCUT REQUIRED, MUST BE WILLING TO LAY NAKED ON AN AUTOPSY TABLE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Season 8 News!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:07 pm 
Director's Secretary

Title: Probie
Name: Shannon
Aliases: Dolphin,
It is going to be a full house from here on in!!!!

McGee = Love

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:05 am 
Senior Field Agent

Name: Linda
Aliases: Moravia, LokiliciouslyYours, Supergluedigits
link: My FF.Net!
Flag: Image
Cade as a love interest for Abby? :shocked:
Cade as a professional rival to Tim? Now that I can understand. I can even picture Tony making jokes about having a new set of brains with the addition of 'body' to add more weight in danger situations. Like a bulldozer. What a combination, though. And poor McGee... :no:

As to the P2P season's final... Same old, same old. A cliffhanger to end the season with or trying to blow up this episode for the sake of bringing along another record. :P
As usual for such episodes, we'll watch it and then, after finishing it, sink back into our seats and say "was that all?"

"will one of them — or another member of the team — not make it to the end? “Tracking the P2P killer will prove to be deadly for at least one of the people involved"
There! They just say it: one of them and people involved. My gut - if it may be trusted like Gibbs' - tells me it won't be one of our team. The TPTB introduced enough cannon fodder for this purpose, lately.
I hope it won't be Cade: I have this feeling, this guy will be fun. :yes:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:55 am 
Probie

Title: serial lurker
The more people they add to this, the less I'm inclined to watch. The show is at it's best when it's just the core of characters interacting. The chemistry of the cast is brilliant, and adding more characters just dilutes it.

I hope it will be better than I suspect, but it's starting to sound like an overblown soap opera. :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:21 pm 
Director's Secretary

I think that in this situation I think that it is realistic for them to ad more characters. I think it would be realistic for a killer like the P2P killer to be tracked by multiple agencies, and even within one multiple teams. I think that in that sense they are being true to reality a bit, and I don't think many if any of these characters will be seen beyond the finale and possibly the first episode of next season! So need not worry about the influx of characters in my opinion!

McGee = Love

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:46 pm 
Director

Title: DOCTOR!
Aliases: Scurvy Gums Ramona
I agree that it's more realistic to have a bigger team working on a case like this, but the writers have sacrificed reality in sooooo many aspects of building TENSION that it's annoying. Besides that, it seems like the writers don't have confidence in creating a good story without adding a lot of characters to final arcs...which invariably pushes members of the core cast to the fringes. Yes, I'm talking about Tim, but not only Tim. When lots of guest stars are added, the story mostly becomes about Tony, Gibbs and Ziva. Everyone else gets a line here and there. That's it.

So...I agree that having more characters is realistic, but I also agree that it makes the show less fun to watch. Besides this whole new team and Ray, Franks and Kort are also returning. How much screen time do you think Ducky, Jimmy, Tim and Abby will get in the interest of parading all these guest stars around?

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:49 pm 
Probie

Sorry to whine. :)

I agree that the majority of extra characters will be gone by next season, but I hate that the people who run shows always think that bigger is better. This sort of thing frustrates me because I've always preferred the characters slightly out of the spotlight. When new people are added, they tend to interact only with the "main" characters, and the people I want to see are pushed further and further out of the way. How much Tim will we get, and will we see Jimmy Palmer at all?

Also, I hate the soap opera aspects of the romantic jealousy storylines. I hate it when smart characters are written stupid, just to add romance to a show that works it's best when it's about teamwork.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:28 pm 
Probie

Aliases: Ventoux
TallulahNW wrote:

Also, I hate the soap opera aspects of the romantic jealousy storylines. I hate it when smart characters are written stupid, just to add romance to a show that works it's best when it's about teamwork.

I agree with this 1000%. I don't like where this is headed at all :no:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:36 pm 
Director

Name: Pam
Aliases: Black-Hearted Nell
I don't think that many people who weren't watching the show tune in to see the guest stars, so why do it?

I'd be much happier with a season finale that concentrated on the team characters interacting with each other, in depth. Like the fan fiction stories. ;D

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:20 pm 
Director's Secretary

I def. agree that it sucks that they add the extra characters because it pushes other ones to the side like Tim and Jimmy and others like that. I guess i am just so used to it now, that towards the end of the season i expect it to happen so I am prepared.

I wish they would focus more on the team but I think that they really like these big, explosive, and sometimes elaborate storylines at the end because to them it may be a ratings booster for them, but I doubt know for sure since I don't write for television.

I think that they don't really do team interactions at a hugely in depth level, and sometimes when they do in my opinion they leave characters out and only focus on a few. There is always hope for next season!!!

McGee = Love

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:48 pm 
Junior Field Agent

Title: Probie San
Name: Pao
I agree with all of you. With all these new characters and the ones that are returning the last episodes of the season are going to be really crowded. And yes since we already know this will be a TIVA centric with Gibbs in the middle season finale is not going to be to much room for Abby, Ducky and Tim. But to be honest is always the same thing and after 8 seasons I'm already used to it and as Shannon I'm prepare for it.

I just hope the new characters are better than EJ and Ray :-/

Talking about lack of screen time, I'm really surprise with how little scenes Abby had this season :huh:

"I don't care, no, I wouldn't dare to fix the twist in you...I'll take you for who you are..." - Sick Puppies

My challenges:
ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:49 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Title: prepare for trouble, make it double ;)
Name: Shaine
Overcrowding. Seriously. :P

New Story
"Chesedh"
McGiva friendship. Episode Tag to House Rules.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:24 am 
Director's Secretary

Title: A tiny bit insane
Name: Adrian
Due to way too much homework and other things going on in life, I'm three episodes behind on NCIS. Reading all of this... isn't really encouraging me to catch up. :P

I'm tired of the same ole'-same ole' with this show. The season finale is always going to be about Gibbs, Ziva and/or Tony - or some combination thereof. ::sigh::

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:18 am 
Director

Oh, I think they're worth watching, Adrian. If nothing else, there's always the little bits of character interaction and humor that we've always loved.

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:44 pm 
Director's Secretary

Title: A tiny bit insane
Name: Adrian
Yeah, I managed to watch one of them - with the kid who Vance was sure killed his father. It was actually pretty good! Then again, new chickie... EJ?... wasn't in it and it really was just about the team. But I'll get around to watching the rest, eventually! ;D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:55 pm 
Intel Analyst

Title: Discworld Aficionado
Name: Gillian
Aliases: shamaha3, Desidiosusbagel
link: My Authorboard
musicnotes093 wrote:
Overcrowding. Seriously. :P

This pretty much voices a lot of my hesitation with this incoming finale. That there may be too much of the guest stars and not enough of the main cast.

Though that guy, one of EJ's new team...(*Looks up* )...Cade, he sort of intrigues me. (Though practically all who have some height greater than mine intrigue me. ;) ) Really big guy, who is intelligent and backs his partner. He could turn out to be a good character if handled properly, and if the writers hold back on too many gags about his height. :)

"Oh let me guess, I get killed."
"Kill you? Eh, no. Don't be obvious. I mean I'm going to kill you anyway someday. I don't want to rush it though. I'm saving it up for something special. No no no. If you don't stop prying I will burn you. I will burn the heart out of you."
"I have been reliably informed that I don't have one."
"But we both know that's not quite true."

:violent-duel:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:13 pm 
Director

Matt Roush from TV Guide today:

Question: What is your take on the recent episodes of NCIS and this ongoing tension that the writers appear to be setting up between Gibbs and Vance? (Granted they had it in prior seasons, but I thought they had turned a corner.) It seems that since Vance has returned from his recovery after nearly getting killed in the 2-parter (Enemy Domestic, Enemy Foreign arc), he appears to be taking his angst out on Gibbs and his team. I feel like Gibbs helped him and saved his life by providing him with the knife that he eventually used to kill his enemy, yet Vance is going through something that no one can comprehend. This appears to be some sort of setup, and it's irritating because the viewers don't see where this is going.

Then the writers add in the new Agent Barrett (Sarah Jane Morris, not a fan) to complicate matters more. I also feel Tim (Sean Murray) appears to be in a funk of sorts, like he is discontent. The writers have crafted ways of sharing that: the upstairs neighbor's kid who steals his credit card to get his attention because he's focused so much on work, and there have been scenes where you see him just staring out at nothing in particular. I wonder if they'll intertwine both? I don't know. I don't know that I like what I'm seeing. And perhaps because it's been almost eight seasons and after a while, even a finely crafted show runs out of steam. Your thoughts? — Teresa

Matt Roush: I placed this question after the House rant because I find these shows a study in contrasts. The things that seem to annoy you about NCIS — not knowing where a conflict like the Vance-Gibbs chill is heading — aren't so much signs of a show running out of steam, but of producers trying to keep an audience engaged, risking fans being disgruntled in the process. I don't watch this show with the same level of detailed absorption as many fans, so I haven't really picked up on McGee's malaise (didn't he score a romantic conquest a little while ago?), but I like that they've hit a nerve by bringing in Barrett to further underscore Gibbs' problems with authority, this time complicated by her extracurricular fling with Tony. And bringing in Enrique Murciano as Ziva's CIA (or, CI-Ray) guy also looks like a plus. They seem to be heading toward some kind of showdown between Gibbs and Vance again — the scene when Vance visited the morgue was full of unspoken tension — and I'm assuming we'll learn what Vance's issues are in the wake of that last crisis. Nothing seems to diminish the popularity of NCIS, but what fun would it be if it didn't give you something to gnaw on and gripe about?

Question: I was shocked to see you decided on NCIS as one of your picks of the week since you are not a fan of the "procedural." I do like the addition of the new characters. How long do you think it will take them to kill Agent Barrett off? She might as well have a target painted on her. I love NCIS and am glad it is doing great this season. It deserves it. I agree with your comments on the American Idol judges this year. They always say the contestants do a good job even if the performance was mediocre. I miss Simon Cowell. At least he was honest with them and they respected him for it. It meant something when Simon said they did a good job. When are you going to tell us your opinion on Game of Thrones? It looks really interesting. I am looking forward to watching it. — Susan

Matt Roush: Lots to address here. First, it's not quite true that I'm not a fan of the "procedurals," but I do think there are too many of them, not all of them deserve to be spun off, and not all are created equal. When I put together those "picks" columns, it's often a reflection of what I think my readers and the general TV fan will be intrigued by, and I try (though I'm sure I don't always succeed) to change it up a bit, so it's not always the same shows in the mix. Regarding Idol: I'm not sure I actually miss Simon. If he didn't want to be there any longer, I certainly didn't want him to be there looking as bored and grumpy as in the last few seasons. But I do hope Pia's ouster is a wake-up call for the judges to put some constructive bite into their comments. And where Game of Thrones is concerned, my review appears in the issue of TV Guide Magazine hitting stands this week, and I'll post a version of that later this week. In summary: I loved the books and am happy to say the series so far is more than living up to my expectations.

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:52 pm 
Medical Examiner

Name: Randy
Aliases: Probie88, Randy88
Yet another Guest Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:56 pm 
Director

Title: DOCTOR!
Aliases: Scurvy Gums Ramona
For goodness' sake! How about writing a finale episode centered on the regular cast? Man, I find this irritating.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:57 pm 
Director

Me, too.

Think of all the extra chairs they've got to bring in. :no:

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:54 pm 
Probie

Thank goodness for TiVo (not Tiva!). I'll just record this and watch after the fact, fast-forwarding through the extraneous stuff. Is anybody in the regular cast actually going to be in the finale? :thinking:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:56 pm 
Mossad Liaison Officer

Name: Helen
I'm picturing them all having to walk around with these (not really a spoiler, just cut for size):

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:57 pm 
Director

We don't know yet. We haven't seen that press release. ;D

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 pm 
Junior Field Agent

OMG LOL...WTH another guest start...they just need to bring Boren (or Borin???) and Damon and we will have full house. LOL

Seriously this is just funny and completely annoying at the same time. :P

"I don't care, no, I wouldn't dare to fix the twist in you...I'll take you for who you are..." - Sick Puppies

My challenges:
ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:17 am 
Senior Field Agent

I don't even want to think about this anymore. It's a waste of energy. I don't know why I still bother reading those season's finale 'spoilers'...

Somebody, should put Teri's suggestion up for TV Guide: when will we have a regular cast finale? Teri? Your cue? :whistle: :-*

But I do like Helen's spoiler. :rofl:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:07 pm 
Director

In the "not really news but we'll pretend it is just so we can say something" category, from EW.

(And is it just me, or does the assumption that everyone is "shacking up" seem shallow and unfair?)

NCIS, please! Bonus points for something on Tony! — Jan

Time is ticking down to a major development in Tony and E.J.’s relationship. Exec producer Gary Glasberg tells me that, as we head into the finale, fans should be looking for the Port-to-Port killer case to “affect Tony and E.J. in a huge way, and it will affect Ziva and Ray in a big way.” The strange thing? I don’t think that sounds quite like imminent death, but rather a shake-up. After all, Glasberg did say, “When you’re putting together a story like this, not only do you want it to drive story-wise through the end of the season, but you want it to propel things into next season.” Taking guesses now! Proposals? Break-ups? Or just lots of shacking up?

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:05 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Title: prepare for trouble, make it double ;)
Name: Shaine
My guess is the last two. :yes:

New Story
"Chesedh"
McGiva friendship. Episode Tag to House Rules.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:13 am 
Team Leader

Title: Queen of Torture and Death
Name: Lia
Aliases: dnalia, DAn creature
My thoughts on the whole huge guest cast thing:

(thank you, Hardison)

Click on the banner for the story

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 pm 
Junior Field Agent

Yes...another one :rolleyes:

Via Mega Buzz

Quote:
Love all the NCIS scoop. Now give me some more! — Lance
ADAM: Could someone new be joining the ranks of NCIS brass? The show is in search of someone to play a politically savvy and powerful D.C. administrator who steps into his new job driven to get things done with little concern for consequences. The character is scheduled to play a substantive part in the end of this season, and possibly the beginning of the next.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/mega-b ... z1JSNbNuKD

My challenges:
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:32 pm 
MTAC Technician

Name: Kayleigh
paopaoxp wrote:
Yes...another one :rolleyes:

Via Mega Buzz

Quote:
Love all the NCIS scoop. Now give me some more! — Lance
ADAM: Could someone new be joining the ranks of NCIS brass? The show is in search of someone to play a politically savvy and powerful D.C. administrator who steps into his new job driven to get things done with little concern for consequences. The character is scheduled to play a substantive part in the end of this season, and possibly the beginning of the next.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/mega-b ... z1JSNbNuKD

There's a drinking game in here somewhere, I just know it. :inquisitive:

**NEW STORY: INCENDIARY**
With the team in hospital and another missing without a trace,
the last man standing is left searching for answers.

--NEW CHAPTER: 28/3/2011--

Other Stories:
Mark of the Beast
: On an early morning walk, McGee discovers there is something in the woods.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:38 pm 
Intel Analyst

Name: Hey, You!
Wait, didn't that happen at the end of Season 2/beginning of Season 3? :huh:

I hope this is wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:47 pm 
Director

There are far too many people in these episodes! Enough already!

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:51 pm 
Team Leader

Title: Broadway Lover
Name: Colleen
Aliases: Oxymoronic Alliteration, BroadwayBookworm
Yeah, we should add to the drinking game. Take a sip everytime we have a new character :rolleyes: I'd better not do that with alcohol, though; I'll end up smashed.

~*~Banner by EmyPink~*~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 pm 
Director

*snort* "Don't drive after watching NCIS!" 8-)

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:20 am 
Senior Field Agent

NAVAL Criminal Investigative Service + DRINKING = Pirates

Spoiler:

Okay...this one went for "mum" on his potbelly.

There's a saying: "too many cooks spoil the broth".
Got me thinking of a new one: "too many characters on NCIS spoil the show".

One word to the TPTB: leave the cast of so many years alone!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:28 pm 
Director

Yeah. It's okay to show characters from the past come back, individually, whether in flashbacks or in the flesh: Kate...Damon...Sacks...Morrow...and so on. But don't bring in too many at once; that dilutes the value of each. And cut back the number of guest stars and new characters!

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:36 pm 
MTAC Technician

Title: Probie writer
Name: Nat
channeld wrote:
But don't bring in too many at once; that dilutes the value of each. And cut back the number of guest stars and new characters!

Agreed! It's nice to see familiar characters return, now and then, especially when they add something to the case and aren't just window dressing. But whoa, do they need to cut back on the number of new characters being introduced at once--those who aren't "suspects of the week" directly connected to the case under investigation. The sense of proportion is off.

Latest Episode Tags: I Is for Isolato Under house arrest, Holly Snow tries to reach out to Gibbs.
C Is for Curiosity Two friends try to unravel the meaning behind an encounter with a mysterious woman. Season 7.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:24 am 
Director

From Entertainment Weekly:

Would love to know if NCIS is ever planning to tell us the story of how Abby and Gibbs first met. They have such a great relationship. It would be great to know their story. Also, it’s been a while since the spotlight was on Abby. As for this season, I predict that E.J. will be out by end of season, so [the relationship between her and Tony] will be done. Gibbs just doesn’t like her, so she is short term. As for Ziva and Ray, I think that Ziva’s trust issues with men will not let her easily forgive Ray for keeping secrets. I predict that they will agree to give each other space, but not quite call it off entirely. — Adele

There are no plans to immediately delve deep into that story. As I told you earlier this week, though, look for Abby’s storyline to get a little bit meatier as we head into the end of the season and her “friendship” (as executive producer Gary Glasberg describes is) with new agent Matthew Willig heats up. And I know some of you weren’t too happy about that, but I have to admit, I’m thinking a slightly jealous Gibbs will be awfully adorable.

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:36 pm 
Director

Brian Dietzen tweets:

My first day of the season finale. BIG things going on here. I only have 140 characters to tell you EVERYTHING that happens. Here goes. So

:rofl:

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:39 pm 
MTAC Technician

Name: Kayleigh
:lol2:

**NEW STORY: INCENDIARY**
With the team in hospital and another missing without a trace,
the last man standing is left searching for answers.

--NEW CHAPTER: 28/3/2011--

Other Stories:
Mark of the Beast
: On an early morning walk, McGee discovers there is something in the woods.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:01 pm 
Forensics Specialist

Name: Jen
:rofl:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:42 am 
Senior Field Agent

Typical. Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:30 pm 
Director

The cast of NCIS were guests this morning on a special event (or an irregular one, at least) by the TV celebrity news show, Extra. A long thing, it was to last 90 minutes!

But...I can't find any definitive statements stating when this will be shown, or if it was even taped!

If anyone hears anything, please let us know!

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2011/04/t ... _grove.php

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 pm 
Intel Analyst

Title: Discworld Aficionado
Name: Gillian
Aliases: shamaha3, Desidiosusbagel
link: My Authorboard
I've heard it's going to air in May, but I can't be certain.

This thread at the CBS site has a good amount of pictures and info.

Edit: Hold on, a tv publicist (Katie Barker, on her twitter feet: https://twitter.com/KBarkertweets) announced it would be airing in May. :D

"Oh let me guess, I get killed."
"Kill you? Eh, no. Don't be obvious. I mean I'm going to kill you anyway someday. I don't want to rush it though. I'm saving it up for something special. No no no. If you don't stop prying I will burn you. I will burn the heart out of you."
"I have been reliably informed that I don't have one."
"But we both know that's not quite true."

:violent-duel:

Last edited by mini bagel on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:55 pm 
Deputy Director

Title: Mistress of McGiva
Name: Sherry
Pauley tweeted something about it aired May 3rd and 10th.

Latest story:
Someone Who Understands (FR13, Gibbs & Fornell friendship)

and

The Only Answer (FR13, fluffy McGiva)[/center]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:28 pm 
Director

Great! Thanks, guys! :D

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:49 am 
Director

Pictures from Saturday's Extra! event: http://twitpic.com/e/19pm

And a fan's pics of the same: http://twitpic.com/photos/ncisfan1002

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:18 pm 
Director

If you're in the US, you can vote on the CBS site at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/finales_20 ... an_demand/ to have the NCIS season finale picked as the drama you'd most like to see with fewer ads shown.

(No idea what will be put in to fill those extra minutes, though.)

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:59 am 
Senior Field Agent

More screen time, perhaps? That would be a nice surprise. :yes:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:53 am 
Director

That would be nice, but I don't think that'll happen, since they'll want to show the usual amount of ads when the episode is rerun. My guess is they may stick in some behind-the-scenes stuff, or interviews.

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:15 pm 
Director

Three-year deal for NCIS? From Examiner.com:

CBS Television Studios has locked in deals with the creative masterminds behind DC-set “NCIS,” TV’s top scripted TV series, averaging 20 million viewers, and its LA spinoff, “NCIS: Los Angeles,” the second most watched scripted show, drawing an average of 17.2 million. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Shane Brennan, an executive producer/showrunner on both show, and Gary Glasberg, an executive producer on “NCIS,” have signed three-year overall deals with CBS TV Studios. Brennan, whose deal is in the low eight figures, will continue to serve as an EP on both dramas. Glasberg, who signed in the low seven figures, will continue as an exec producer and act as day-to-day showrunner on “NCIS.”

Variety has more on Shane Brennan's deal here.

banner by McMhuirich!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next