NFA Community Forums

NCIS Fanfiction Addiction Forums
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is a spoiler zone BUT please be careful. Some threads are designated 'Spoiler Free'.

Things that are OK to post:

Anything announced by CBS
CBS press releases
Anything announced by Harriet on the yahoo site NCIS-CBS
Newspaper articles

EG of a press release (only slightly edited):

WHEN GIBBS IS GIVEN THE FINAL WORD ON ZIVA'S FUTURE WITH NCIS, HE FINDS THE DECISION HARDER TO MAKE THAN HE EVER EXPECTED, ON "NCIS," TUESDAY, SEPT. 29

"Reunion" - The team discovers the bizarre death of a Marine and his two friends may be linked to their past, but its Gibbs who, yet again, ends up taking a trip down memory lane, on NCIS, Tuesday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

RECURRING CAST
Jimmy Palmer.............................. Brian Dietzen

GUEST CAST
Hector Stuckey ...................... Eamonn Roche

DIRECTED BY: Tony Wharmby
WRITTEN BY: Steven D. Binder

Source: CBS

Not OK to post:

Episode summaries not yet released by CBS (TV.com is a good guide for material that is OK)
Casting breakdowns before the episode airs
Script snippets

EG: of casting breakdown (surprisingly, not a real one)

[CORPORAL JOHN O’NEILL] Mid 20s, a blond-haired, handsome man, born with a congenital third leg. An Iraqi War veteran, John is at first a likelable guy but is later found to be a master villan complete with underground lair. He is eventually shot by Ziva who was actually aiming for Tony. MARINE HAIRCUT REQUIRED, MUST BE WILLING TO LAY NAKED ON AN AUTOPSY TABLE

What do you think will happen in the season 8 finale?
Team is split; Tony is sent elsewhere 22%  22%  [ 9 ]
Team is split; Ziva is sent elsewhere 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Team is split; Gibbs is sent elsewhere 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Team is split; Tim is sent elsewhere 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Team is split; Vance is sent elsewhere 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Team is split; Abby is sent elsewhere 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Team is split; Ducky and Jimmy are sent elsewhere 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Team is split; everyone is sent elsewhere 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Team is not split; no one is sent anywhere 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Someone may, possibly, fall victim to the serial killer 32%  32%  [ 13 ]
Ray runs off with EJ 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Something totally different! 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
I don't know and I can't guess. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
There's a season finale??? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 41
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:18 pm 
Director

Name: Pam
Aliases: Black-Hearted Nell
Flag: Image
The season-ending arc is said to start with tomorrow night's show. In these last 5 episodes of the season, something will probably happen. :anxious: ;D We haven't been told what, yet, other than there's a serial killer loose. The season finale will air on May 17.

So...just for fun, drag out your crystal balls and ouija boards, and tell us what you see happening.

You can choose up to three answers in the poll, and you can revote if you change your mind. But don't just respond to the poll--discuss away here!

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:24 pm 
Director

Title: DOCTOR!
Aliases: Scurvy Gums Ramona
If the team does get split up, I'm thinking Tony will go elsewhere, particularly if they kill off EJ and the serial killer momentarily gets away.

I'm hoping that they don't go with another team split, but I still think that EJ will be killed by the serial killer.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:29 pm 
Director

Yeah; I think if anyone is sent off, it will be Tony. (Temporarily, of course.)

I think an interesting twist would be to have EJ be the serial killer. Maybe Ray is tracking her!

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 pm 
Director

I'd actually like that development, Pam: EJ being the serial killer. Probably they won't do that, but I'd like that.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:54 pm 
MTAC Technician

Title: Probie writer
Name: Nat
Enthusiastic Fish wrote:
I'd actually like that development, Pam: EJ being the serial killer. Probably they won't do that, but I'd like that.

It would be more interesting than having EJ get-too-close-and-then-be-a-victim, which is what I suspect will happen. She'll just about get it figured out; she won't want to share her suspicions with Team Gibbs and thus won't have adequte backup; and she'll get ambushed. Oops. (I know that's all predictable, but last season's finale was also, so it's been known to happen.)

If EJ is the serial killer . . . Tony's track record with women takes another hit . . . . :banghead: . . . but some of those team romances have got to fall apart, right? When have they all been lucky in love at the same time--or ever?

Latest Episode Tags: I Is for Isolato Under house arrest, Holly Snow tries to reach out to Gibbs.
C Is for Curiosity Two friends try to unravel the meaning behind an encounter with a mysterious woman. Season 7.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:57 pm 
Medical Examiner

Title: That Guy
Name: Andrew
link: Author Board
link: Fanfiction.Net Profile
link: FictionPress.Net Profile
I'm thinkin' someone'll be killed by Splashy, either Ray or EJ, or something we haven't considered. But I'm not in the writing department, so I can't possibly know.

Click the banner for the story
Very Special Thanks go to Laikyn for the banner and to Shaine for the avatar

I've got artificial heart valves, titanium rods fused to my spine, and artificial lenses in my eyes.
I've got more metal and plastic in my body than my mom does in her wallet, and it makes me awesome. 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:21 pm 
MTAC Technician

Dueling possibilities:

EJ is Splashy and she kills Ray because he's getting too close. (Heartbreak for Tony and Ziva.)

Ray is Splashy and he kills EJ because she's getting too close. (Heartbreak as above.)

Either way, I'd be surprised if either EJ or CIRay is around past episode 1 of season 9 (they could kill in a cliffhanger, as Ari did, and be disposed of/brought to justice in the premiere of season 9).

Over/under on the number of Tony/Ziva bathroom scenes in the finale arc? I think I'd put it at 2, but that may be low, given how the writers love them.

Latest Episode Tags: I Is for Isolato Under house arrest, Holly Snow tries to reach out to Gibbs.
C Is for Curiosity Two friends try to unravel the meaning behind an encounter with a mysterious woman. Season 7.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:25 pm 
Director

I'm really hoping that they won't go with Ray being corrupt because that would mark the third time that Ziva has been taken in by a bad guy. Talk about rehashing old plots.

EJ being the serial killer would actually be kind of interesting because it would have the person doing the investigating being the actual killer. The other option is that one of her team is the serial killer and she's killed by them?

...but maybe the writers will surprise us all and have the serial killer be someone else and then EJ just heads back to Rota after the case is over. ...oh, I see some pigs flying out my window. ;D

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:26 pm 
Team Leader

Title: Queen of Torture and Death
Name: Lia
Aliases: dnalia, DAn creature
Maybe EJ and Ray are working together, as serial killers ;D

And hell might turn endothermic, but anyway...

Click on the banner for the story

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:01 pm 
Medical Examiner

BlackSwan wrote:
Either way, I'd be surprised if either EJ or CIRay is around past episode 1 of season 9 (they could kill in a cliffhanger, as Ari did, and be disposed of/brought to justice in the premiere of season 9).

:lol2: CIRay, I like that.

Enthusiastic Fish wrote:
EJ being the serial killer would actually be kind of interesting because it would have the person doing the investigating being the actual killer.

There's the possible Dexter influence coming into play, though he only investigates his own murders in Season 2. I'd recommend it to you, but I'm pretty sure it s a bit much for your tastes.

I've got artificial heart valves, titanium rods fused to my spine, and artificial lenses in my eyes.
I've got more metal and plastic in my body than my mom does in her wallet, and it makes me awesome. 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:09 pm 
Director

Maybe the serial killers are Gibbs, Tony, Tim, Ziva, Abby, Ducky, Jimmy and Vance...but none of them know that the others are. They kill EJ and Ray in the season finale. We all go, "Wha?" ;D

Ahem. ;D

banner by McMhuirich!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:10 pm 
Deputy Director

Title: Mistress of McGiva
Name: Sherry
I think something's gonna happen with Tony, or something's gonna happen with Vance, or both. They've been foreshadowing up the wazoo ("What is a wazoo?" Ziva asks in Sharif Returns, I believe it was ;D) and the finale's gonna be about one or both of them. I mean, it's no coincidence that we're getting background eps on BOTH of them this season, and they've been focusing on Shadowy!Vance and this whole Rota thing with Tony far too much for it to be a coincidence. You know?

As far as EJ being the serial killer, well, someone from the CBS forums/Twitter (won't mention names) called out anyone as thinking that could be a possibility as being stupid, because that would apparently be an idiotic move for the show to make. :rolleyes: Some people are just incredibly rude. :P But I digress. EJ & her team are gonna be gone by the end of the season, I'm sure. If she's only gonna be there for an arc . . . It makes sense. MAllison hasn't returned and there was speculation about her from last season.

In any case, I have no real idea what's going to happen and I just hope that nothing happens to Ziva. Or McGee. But mostly Ziva. :P

Latest story:
Someone Who Understands (FR13, Gibbs & Fornell friendship)

and

The Only Answer (FR13, fluffy McGiva)[/center]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:36 pm 
Medical Examiner

channeld wrote:
Maybe the serial killers are Gibbs, Tony, Tim, Ziva, Abby, Ducky, Jimmy and Vance...but none of them know that the others are. They kill EJ and Ray in the season finale. We all go, "Wha?" ;D

Ahem. ;D

That, and a post somebody (probably me) made somewhere else about both EJ and Ray being killers, made me think of this, and I had to share.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:43 pm 
Mossad Liaison Officer

Name: Helen
I think EJ will either be the killer, or be a victim (I'm hoping killer -that would be more interesting). Ray will also somehow exit the picture - either as a victim, or perhaps he'll just randomly decide to move to Hawaii. It happens. :)

Tony will get his own team, but it won't mean moving anywhere - he'll just get EJ's team, which is conveniently back in DC. (There has to be a reason for that.) Suddenly, the MCRT will find that all their cases overlap, coincidentally, with Team DiNozzo. Occasionally Gibbs and Tony will argue over who had the case first, which could be fun. And Tony will spend all of Season 9 trying to figure out what to call Gibbs other than "Boss."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:48 pm 
Deputy Director

Title: Mistress of McGiva
Name: Sherry
Man, I so want that to happen. The Tony getting his own team, etc. part, anyway. That could be fun. ;D And, you know, lots of McGee & Ziva scenes. ;D *is a selfish fangirl*

Latest story:
Someone Who Understands (FR13, Gibbs & Fornell friendship)

and

The Only Answer (FR13, fluffy McGiva)[/center]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 pm 
MTAC Technician

Flamingo55 wrote:
Tony will get his own team, but it won't mean moving anywhere - he'll just get EJ's team, which is conveniently back in DC. (There has to be a reason for that.) Suddenly, the MCRT will find that all their cases overlap, coincidentally, with Team DiNozzo. Occasionally Gibbs and Tony will argue over who had the case first, which could be fun. And Tony will spend all of Season 9 trying to figure out what to call Gibbs other than "Boss."

Hmm . . . that's an interesting idea!

It would explain why they put EJ's desk so snoopily close to Gibbs's team . . . so Tony could pop over the barrier and have conversations and try to see what they throw in their wastebaskets.

And I thought it was just to give her a reason to butt in and call attention to herself . . . but no. They were thinking ahead. ;D

I don't think Tony will have a full team to inherit, though. I think one of EJ's team will be an early casualty to the PTP killer, just to let us all know that Splashy will be striking close to home.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:25 pm 
Medical Examiner

I'd love to see that "second D.C. team lead by Tony" idea. I'm almost hopeful to actually see it, but my hard, cynical outer shell won't allow it yet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:42 pm 
Mossad Liaison Officer

Name: Helen
Well, the logic behind thinking that Tony might get another DC team is that they need to shake up the group a bit, but they don't want to lose any of the major characters (I hope, anyway), so this allows for Tony to get promoted, but still interact with Gibbs, McGee, Ziva, Abby, and the gang.

I do think it's likely that there won't be much of the team left to inherit, though, so that'll allow them to bring in even more new characters - maybe some new agents, or some grouchy downsized ones from closed offices.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 pm 
MTAC Technician

My only question about the "Tony gets a second DC team" theory is whether Vance would give it to him, or bring in someone he likes better and has more faith in.

Vance has never seemed all that appreciative of Tony's talents . . . but I suppose he could be forced into it. Some kind of quid pro quo.

I'd expect Vance to bring in someone he knows and likes better--maybe someone from San Diego. But maybe Tony ends the PTP case so covered in glory that it's inevitable that he gets the team . . . or maybe there's some kind of deal with the devil, to make Vance choose Tony.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:27 pm 
Medical Examiner

BlackSwan wrote:
. . . or maybe there's some kind of deal with the devil, to make Vance choose Tony.

OH IRONY!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:59 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Title: prepare for trouble, make it double ;)
Name: Shaine
I think the possibilities are: team split, Tony goes (I really think someone's speculation about Tony taking ROTA if Barett(?) goes is highly likely); team split, Gibbs goes (If Barett(?) stays and someone in the team gets in danger, he might leave momentarily); and that someone may possibly fall victim (Not only because I think whumpy thoughts, but also I think the idea that someone in the team will be left in the clutches of this serial killer is a great cliffhanger for the summer. Muahahaha! :evillaugh: )

I wish I had a 4th choice. I think EJ running off with Ray is a good guess, too! :yes: ;) ;D

New Story
"Chesedh"
McGiva friendship. Episode Tag to House Rules.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:00 am 
Director's Secretary

Title: Mistress of the Brig
Name: Janie (Lady Jane)
Aliases: jcmjagfan, jagfanlj, greylady
Okay, I had chosen the team stays together and Ray and EJ run off together -- just because there weren't any other satisfying Ray-EJ options. HOWEVER...
smackalicious wrote:
*snip* ...they've been focusing on Shadowy!Vance and this whole Rota thing with Tony far too much for it to be a coincidence. You know?
*snip*
EJ & her team are gonna be gone by the end of the season, I'm sure. If she's only gonna be there for an arc . . . It makes sense. MAllison hasn't returned and there was speculation about her from last season. *snip*

You may be onto something here.
Tony gets offered EJ's team when she gets bumped off by the serial killer, who turns out to be... DUN-DUN-DUNNNN... ...MALISON

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:52 am 
MTAC Technician

:rofl:
Oh, I love that idea!

Don't think they've got that much imagination, though (would that they had).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:07 pm 
Team Leader

Title: Queen of Torture and Death
Name: Lia
Aliases: dnalia, DAn creature
Or maybe Vance and EJ are the killers (OK, now I'm getting silly, sorry)

Click on the banner for the story

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:39 pm 
Medical Examiner

OR IT'S THE INTERN GUY FROM THAT ONE EPISODE!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:58 am 
Director's Secretary

Title: Mistress of the Brig
Name: Janie (Lady Jane)
Aliases: jcmjagfan, jagfanlj, greylady
:bwah:NO, NO!

IT'S PALMER'S EVIL TWIN...

...WHO RUNS AROUND DRESSED IN MAMA'S OLD CLOTHES. *SCREE-SCREE-SCREE*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:40 pm 
Intel Analyst

Name: Valerie
Aliases: SongBirdie
link: fanfiction.net profile
link: NFA Author Board
I voted for:

-Team is split; Tony is sent elsewhere.

All the hints about Rota are not random. :P

-Someone may, possibly, fall victim to the serial killer (EJ so is the killer :yes: )

-Something totally different! (Vance dies, Hetty for Director!!!!) ;D

My WEE 2013 story for colorguard28, click the amazing banner to read!
Lovely banner and icon by McMhuirich & NFA avvie by likethegentlerain. Thanks, ladies! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:44 pm 
Director

Time to revisit this thread?

Although the promos we've seen so far for Pyramid don't indicate a team split, I still think it will happen and will be saved for the last few minutes of the show. And I'm still betting it will be Tony who is sent off.

banner by McMhuirich!