It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:34 pm 
Administrator

Title: Goddess of Gab
Name: Barbara
link: Author Board
link: Story Board Profile
It's the Eleventh Annual NFA Secret Santa Fanfiction Exchange!

Welcome to the first stage of the 2017 NFA Secret Santa Exchange! Here you will find all the information you will need to know about signing up for Secret Santa and what will be required of you between now and the deadline, which will be :flake: December 18th.

The first step in the Secret Santa process is, of course, actually signing up. :christmaswriter: Anyone who's an NFA member is eligible to participate! To sign up, send a private message to me (iheartGibbs) detailing what you are willing to READ and what you are willing to WRITE. These may be different from each other, so I'll ask that you use the template supplied below. When you send your PM, label it something like, "Secret Santa sign-up" so I don't lose it in my inbox. Also, please let me know if you'd like to write something different from what you normally write. Some people will ask for a challenge or to write something where people won't be able to guess them from the story. Please do not assume that I’m familiar with what you enjoy writing. Assume you’re submitting your information to someone who knows nothing about you. Leave nothing to chance.

You will have until the end of August to sign up, and then I will spend the first few days of September sorting through the participants' information to find suitable matches. If you've participated in past exchanges, you probably won't receive any of the people you've written for in the recent past as your match, although anything is possible. We have done several of these and have a lot fewer participants than we have in the past, so you’ll likely see some repeat matches. :santa: .

I will try to get the pairings made and sent out by September 5th, and you'll have from then to December 18th to write your story and get it turned in to me via PM. Don't post your stories anywhere! :-X It doesn't matter if it's to another website that's not NFA - you want your story to remain a secret up until THE BIG REVEAL, when the authors of the stories are identified. PLEASE NOTE that I have made the deadline later this year for submitting your stories. This is so that we don’t have any extensions. There will be NO GRACE PERIOD for story submissions, barring exceptional circumstances. If your story isn’t completed, betaed, edited, formatted and sent to me by this date, a backup writer will be asked to write your story for you and you will not be able to participate in further exchanges for a minimum one year. Further SeSa participation will be at the discretion of the person running the exchange that year. Please do not sign up if you do not believe you can commit to completing and submitting your story ON TIME! In the past the deadline has been earlier. Then, when someone isn't ready to turn in their story, they tell the person running the SeSa that they're almost done and they've worked so hard and that it shouldn't take much longer, but they just aren't ready. :-/ By making the deadline one week out, I have NO TIME to extend. I DON'T CARE if you've worked hard on it. Everyone has - and you should! But you NEED to plan to get it to me by the deadline, or you'll find yourself posting the story on the person's author board on Christmas yourself because a back up writer officially wrote for them. :gibbssmack: I'm not kidding. :whip: And to be honest, I don’t want to do this. I like playing good cop instead of bad cop, but if you are told someone else is writing the story SUCK IT UP. You knew the rules. It’s not on me.

If you would like to use a beta reader, MAKE SURE the person isn't participating in Secret Santa! It doesn't matter if you've written for them already or whatnot, the key word here is SECRET. We want to make sure nobody participating in Secret Santa knows the identity of story writers except for the person who wrote the story and me, of course. You can use someone who's not participating (or not on NFA) as a beta. You can also ask me to beta read for you, but I have a limited amount of time and will need you to keep in mind that I’ll need the story in plenty of advance time and that I may have to say no, based on my availability. 8-)

NOTE: If you'd just like to sign up to be a beta, but not participate in the exchange, let me know and I'll make a separate list. :10:1010:

IMPORTANT! If you have a question regarding your prompt, do NOT ask the person you're writing for! Ask me via PM and I'll PM them with the question.

The Nitty Gritty, aka Other Guidelines
:yes: Signing up is a commitment to write a story and get it in on time. All the staff understand that real life interferes at times and there will always be those cases, but this is not something you should sign up for if you aren't sure you'll have time to participate. There ARE more than 3 months to write the story, though, so if you know you'll be busier in November, make plans to write your story in October, or even September, and turn it in then!

:yes: NaNoWriMo! There have been people in the past who have signed up for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), which takes place in November, and have gotten burned out writing and not been able to finish their Secret Santa fic because of it. If you plan on participating in NaNoWriMo, please try to get your story finished BEFORE November to make sure this doesn't happen. Some of you can handle writing a lot and will be able to do both at once, which is great, but don't forget about your previous obligations when you sign up for NaNoWriMo.

:( If you do not turn in a story, you will be disqualified from the next year's fanfiction exchanges. That will be the 2018 White Elephant Exchange and the 2018 Secret Santa. :gibbssmack: It also leaves me to find someone to write a story last minute, and we don't want that, do we?

Your story doesn't need to have a holiday theme, though a lot of people like to see one. People will often specify if they'd like a holiday story or if it doesn't matter - if it's a good story, people won't matter when it's set. :snow: :flake: :cold: :santa3: :snowman: :elf:

:yes: The story you write must be at least 1500 words. You have 3 months to write this story. If you think this will be a challenge, start early!

:yes: Try to be reasonably broad with what you'd like to see in a story. Be sure to leave plenty open for interpretation, while giving enough of a prompt to generate plot ideas. :whitebunny: :bounce: Usually characters and a thought, quote or buzz word will do the trick. If you’re too specific (very specific setting like part of a season, already out-lined plot, strict character usage, etc) it will be more difficult to find someone to give your prompt to. We want to hand out prompts that will inspire someone with an idea to write! If they can get an idea immediately, there’s a much better chance of them finishing before the deadline. If you’re too specific or too vague, it could be December 1 and they’re still in this thread whining about how they can’t get any ideas. If you're stuck, use the Random Pairing Generator! You are welcome to supply a group of prompts for the person to choose from, like we do for the WEE, if you’d like.

:yes: And don't be afraid to say what you DON'T want! Don't be afraid to say, "I don't read romance!" or “Case files bore me.” If you don't like a character or pairing or just don't really want to read about them in your Secret Santa fic, make sure to let me know. You don't want to end up with a story you're not happy with because it included something you didn't want, so make sure to let me know.

:yes: After stories are posted, PLEASE thank the person who wrote for you! Even if the story you receive isn't your favorite story ever, at least thank the person who wrote for you. They spent time writing something just for you, so it's the least you can do. And wouldn't you want the person whose story you wrote to do the same for you? If you do not comment on your gift, I will hunt you down and stalk you until you do. :sigh: It’s very impolite to ignore someone who is doing something nice for you. Don’t make me angry. :banghead: You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry. ;)

What is specifically needed:

1)What you want to read.
Your NFA Username and first name (or what you want to be called by):
Spoilers or Season Setting: (In other words, if you have only seen through season four, you will want to let us know so that you don’t get a story set in season five.)
Gen, Het, Slash, Mixed: (Which do you prefer? Which will you absolutely not read?)
Pairings: (If you picked het, slash or mixed, what are your favorite pairings?)
Must Haves:
Don’t Wants:
Request or Prompt: (If any, or multiple if you choose)
Rating Cap: (If any – please indicate if you are under 18!)

2) What you want to write.
Seasons you’ll write:
Type of story you’ll write: (Gen, Het, Slash, Mixed)
Pairings: (if any)
Genres you’ll write: humor, drama, adventure, angst, crack!fic, fluff, romance, case files, AUs, and anything else not mentioned.
Characters you’ll write:
Ratings you’ll write: (Please indicate if you are under 18!)

Here’s an example using a template that’s been used for a couple of years now:
1) Your NFA Username and first name (or what you want to be called by): iheartGibbs (Barbara)
Spoilers or Season Setting: I've seen all seasons, and prefer things to be set in the present, but episode tags for past episodes are more than welcome. I also love AU, which often doesn’t matter as far as season.
Gen, Het, Slash, Mixed: Anything is fine. If gen, please have some nice moments that could be interpreted as het. I like flirty banter!
Pairings: Gibbs/Abby, Tony/Paula, Tony/Abby, Tony/Ziva, McGee/Ziva are preferred, but will accept any pairing.
Must Haves: Must include Gibbs, Abby and Tony.
Don’t Wants: I don’t want any character bashing. No major character death.
Request or Prompt: 1-All I Want For Christmas –Christmas Theme, romance or gen, any characters or pairing. 2-Dashing Through the Snow – Gen – team fic; is someone stranded in bad weather? Is there a mad race to catch a baddie over icy terrain? Whatever you want.. 3-I Saw Three Ships – Gen, team fic, casefile.
Rating Cap: Up to FR18

2) Seasons you’ll write: I can write AU fics set in any season, but prefer stories set in current. I’m really bad about spoilers.
Type of story you’ll write: I prefer scenes or smaller pictures to long stories.
Pairings: I’ll write any het pairing.
Genres you’ll write: Romance, humor, crack!fic, character study, AU, drama or suspense. I’ve written case files, but they aren’t my strong suit.
Characters you’ll write: Any. Prefer writing Tony, Abby and Gibbs
Ratings you’ll write: Up to FR18

That's it! General comments, questions, squees, :santa: etc. are welcome in this thread. The second post will be reserved for the list of participants.

I will be keeping a list of potential back up writers. If you want your name to go on this list, please let me know by PM. And please do not be offended if you volunteer to write a back up story and I do not ask you to do so. Ideally, we won't need any back up writers at all. I will ask any backup writers needed according to what kind of story the gift recipient is requesting.

So get your Santa hats on and get thinking about your prompts! Remember: You have a (nearly) month to get your prompts to me, so make sure you have everything included that you want included. Let the festivities begin! :christmaswriter:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:49 pm 
Administrator

This space reserved for list of participants, beta readers and back-up writers!

PARTICIPANTS:
1. Enthusiastic Fish (Teri)
2. PhoenixRising (Shay)
3. tigyr (Lori)
4. akaeve (Patsy)
5. fallenangel218 (Andrea)
6. LadyTwyla1 (Marysia)
7. Purple-Muse (Toni)
8. flootzavut (Sarah)
9. DeepBlueJoy (Blue)
10. Belial (Linda)

BETA READERS:
K9Lasko
Sazzita (ideas and feedback only, no grammar or spelling)

BACK-UP WRITERS:
Enthusiastic Fish
PhoenixRising
Shywriter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:58 pm 
Director

Title: DOCTOR!
Aliases: Scurvy Gums Ramona
Yep! :yes:

Yippeeeeee! I love SeSa!

;D

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:37 am 
Administrator

And now that I've fixed my typo... :blush:

Can't wait for the first sign up!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:07 am 
Director

Title: Gibbs' Gal forever
Name: Patsy
Aliases: pattywatty
link: My Author Board
link: My Fanfic.net
Flag: Image
yes SeSa I do love and yes will participate and yes again you do say
Quote:
After stories are posted, PLEASE thank the person who wrote for you! Even if the story you receive isn't your favorite story ever, at least thank the person who wrote for you. They spent time writing something just for you, so it's the least you can do. And wouldn't you want the person whose story you wrote to do the same for you? If you do not comment on your gift, I will hunt you down and stalk you until you do. :sigh: It’s very impolite to ignore someone who is doing something nice for you. Don’t make me angry. :banghead: You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry. ;)

ImageImageImage

sig by McMhuirich thank you

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:56 am 
Intel Analyst

Name: Shay
link: Dreamwidth Journal
YES! I've been eagerly awaiting. I've already figured out what I want to write, haven't worked out what I want to read fully yet, but almost there. I'm so excited!
:hyper:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:59 am 
Senior Field Agent

Title: Native Nebraska NCIS fan
Name: Cookie, Lori
Aliases: tigyr
link: My Story Board stories
link: My Fanfiction.net account
:confetti:

Last edited by tigyr on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:11 am 
Administrator

What, no sign-ups overnight? I thought for sure one of you go-getters would have submitted theirs already. :yes:

I have been at the receiving end of not getting a comment on a completed story. :no: No good. Sometimes even the promptings don't get results. :-/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:17 am 
Director

Actually, I have, too. The person I wrote for disappeared completely. But it was okay because I had a lot of fun writing it. :)

I'm still on vacation time, Barbara. ;D I'll get mine in, probably today.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:36 am 
Intel Analyst

I went to bed early last night so I didn't see this post until this morning. I'm almost done working out the prompt portion of the form. Everything else is filled in. :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:10 pm 
Probie

link: My Fanfictions
I would love to participate. SeSa stories are always one of the best you can afterwards find in the archives and I did something similar on other sites in the past, too.
Will think about what I want to have written and what I myself will write for others.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:32 pm 
Director

We're always happy to have new people! :yes:

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:54 pm 
Administrator

And we have 2 official participants! :dancing:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:12 pm 
Intel Analyst

It's going to be a long month of waiting but I'm still excited. I have a really good feeling about SeSa this year. Should be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:00 am 
Senior Field Agent

Not really sure what I want yet for stories to read, and will be limited to what seasons I can write about, but I will be in :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:58 am 
Director

ok that's mine in too

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:01 pm 
Team Leader

Title: Kibbs Addict
Name: Sarah
Aliases: sarahflute, sarah-flute, Floot, tiggrie, kassipoeg
link: fanfiction.net
link: AO3
link: NFA storyboard
I'm sure I'll join in, I can never seem to resist! I really, really need to make sure I don't offer to write anything I can't, though, I could do with an easier SeSa than the last two. I mean, both times I got there in the end, but I could use it being something I find easier to write :rofl:

I keep saying I'm going to write at least a drabble for every possible pairing so I can say with some certainty what I can and can't write, but I have said that almost every year, and so far... yeah. Haven't quite managed it :lol2: Oops! August comes around and I curse my January-self for not pulling my proverbial finger out...

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:06 pm 
Intel Analyst

Sarah, I could make it real easy for you. If you ever get one of my prompts in SeSa or WEE, you can write the Awesome Foursome and I'll be happy as can be. Of course, that's no help if you don't get me, but if you ever do... :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:33 pm 
Director

I'm easy. Tim. ;D

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:54 am 
MTAC Technician

Name: April
Aliases: Jeanniefan78, TonyAngela4ever
link: Marvelous Grace
link: My FF.net
I'm seriously considering signing up this year. I've had a break the last two exchanges, but no promises. I'm gonna have to see what my time will be like. So anywho, we'll see. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:01 am 
Director

Jeanniefan78 wrote:
I'm seriously considering signing up this year. I've had a break the last two exchanges, but no promises. I'm gonna have to see what my time will be like. So anywho, we'll see. :)

you always spin a good yarn :hug2col:

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:26 pm 
Administrator

One week into sign ups, and we have 5 participants so far, with about 5 already promising to sign up. Hopefully 5 or 10 more than that, but I'm happy with whatever. Quality over quantity!

Remember when we used to have 50-60 people participate in SeSa?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:39 pm 
Intel Analyst

Isn't there a way to promote this at FFN and AO3, maybe get some more people?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 pm 
Director

Honestly, 50-60 was almost too much. I ran it when we had 64 and there was no way to get all the stories read. It was a lot of chaos. For me, 20 is about perfect. :)

As for drumming up publicity, I don't know. In the past, a lot of the random people we had sign up ended up disappearing and not even writing a story. The year with 64 people, we had about 6 who made an account just to sign up and I think 4 of them vanished into the ether not long after the assignments were made. It would be great to get more participants. I just don't know if it would work out.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:31 pm 
Administrator

I agree with Teri. If you know someone who is already an NFAer that maybe has not been around for a bit, I can see encouraging that person to come back for SeSa. Or if you personally have a friend from another site that you trust, encourage that person to join and participate.

I think 20 is fine. We only had 10 for the first WEE, and it was great.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:02 am 
Director

PhoenixRising wrote:
Isn't there a way to promote this at FFN and AO3, maybe get some more people?

I prefer to write for people I know

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:06 am 
Director

I don't mind writing for people I don't know. I've done that a few times, actually, although not so much for an exchange but just on request. :)

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:28 am 
Intel Analyst

Well, the people we all know are drifting away and pretty soon there won't be anyone left to write for if we don't get some new blood here. I don't want the forum to die, but it seems there is little I can do to stop it since forum traffic is barely a drizzle even compared to when I first joined and I know it was much busier before I did. I would love to get to know new people and write for them. There just doesn't seem to be any interest in people being here yet there are updates and new NCIS stories on the big fanfiction sites daily so the interest in NCIS fanfiction is there, it's not just HERE, which I think there's something seriously wrong with that picture. I want at least some of them HERE if possible and I think SeSa and WEE are great avenues to start to get them from there to here, generate interest in our little nook of the community.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:08 am 
Director

PhoenixRising wrote:
Well, the people we all know are drifting away and pretty soon there won't be anyone left to write for if we don't get some new blood here. I don't want the forum to die, but it seems there is little I can do to stop it since forum traffic is barely a drizzle even compared to when I first joined and I know it was much busier before I did. I would love to get to know new people and write for them. There just doesn't seem to be any interest in people being here yet there are updates and new NCIS stories on the big fanfiction sites daily so the interest in NCIS fanfiction is there, it's not just HERE, which I think there's something seriously wrong with that picture. I want at least some of them HERE if possible and I think SeSa and WEE are great avenues to start to get them from there to here, generate interest in our little nook of the community.

I know where you are coming from, and what you are saying but people just seem to be busier and doing different things now days. I don't know what the situation is...I know I only got a couple of reviews for my WEE, you did, but I think it could be the just "not appreciated" look.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:19 am 
Director's Secretary

Name: Blue
link: Blue's Stories
link: Blue's AO3
One way to keep the site alive is to create a strong crossover section, a movement even. Then people into other fandoms will discover us and over time, we'll gain more fans for our site. Many of our 'new' rabid Buffy fans are people who came to the site over some other show and ended up watching Buffy.

Unless the show itself changes a lot, it's not gaining new and enthusiastic fans, so it's not gaining a lot of new NCIS fanfic fanatics.

Twisting the Hellmouth is consistently busy and growing and I think a large part of that more than 15 years after Buffy went off the air is that people are combining the stories with other fandoms, some major, some minor, many of which are still shiny and new.

I come here mostly for the social... to discuss writing and to hang out. I have noticed the drop off too (haven't we all) and it bugs me. We're already doing a lot of the things that keep a site alive.

The only things that would make me be here more would be more focus on writing per se.

There are a few types of threads that seem to gain new posts regularly... 'what are you writing today', pet peeves about fanfic/the fandom/canon/fanon. The documentation of strange and wacky errors... (one of which is called 'the following words are NOT interchangeable' - which initially had homophones, but now has any peculiar misuses and word confusions)

NCIS showrunners really needs to write some fresh stuff (including addressing things of interest to real life), but we have no power over that one! :banghead: Something either has to be new and unique, or it has to touch you in some way, or best yet, both.

Anyway, I've found summers tend to be slower than colder months. Let's hope it picks up when people are back at work/school and indoors and looking to distract themselves from what they ought to be doing!! :shocked:

And if you see something interesting that is NCIS or writing related, please share it with us all. I will try to find new and peculiar things to post!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:36 am 
Director's Secretary

I think one of the biggest obstacles for me when I came here was that there as no way of figuring out where topics lived. Many of the best topics are in author boards... In other forums, topics are usually arranged by subject matter, and if you want to start a new thread about NCIS crossovers or writing or relationships (for examples), it goes in that section... therefore, for newbies, it's easy to find. It also makes stuff you're NOT into easy to avoid. My only alternative was to go through all the recent posts... problem was that a lot of those posts (like SeSa) only make sense if you're already on the site and know how it works.

Not sure how to solve this, but it was a major issue for me initially.

NOTE: edited for clarity.

Last edited by DeepBlueJoy on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:07 am 
Director

Quote:
Anyway, I've found summers tend to be slower than colder months. Let's hope it picks up when people are back at work/school and indoors and looking to distract themselves from what they ought to be doing!! :shocked:

And if you see something interesting that is NCIS or writing related, please share it with us all. I will try to find new and peculiar things to post!

Blue, Pam (channald) used to say that) in the summer when no NCIS on and holidays things are slack.

I try and post stuff of interest...well to me maybe...but I think here has gone away from full NCIS to Xovers etc, and sorry this will upset a few people, but too much slash for me now.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:36 pm 
Intel Analyst

I wanted to comment on Patsy's post but this thread really isn't the place for it so I replied HERE so we don't get the SeSa thread more off-topic than we already have.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:51 pm 
Team Leader

I know it took me at least a few weeks, maybe longer, when I first registered, to realise that Chels' "Grab your coffee" thread wasn't a general thread/was in someone's personal forum. It helped that things were more active back then, so the chatty threads got bumped a lot.

I have not been around all that long, but there's always been a drop off in summer. That said, it was a drop off, whereas this year it's more of a ghost town...

"Sarah, I think your autocorrect is weirder than you are." (Xiexie, Xiexie! :lol2:)

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:25 pm 
Director

This site hasn't ever been huge. Back around season 4-7, it was at its peak, as was the show itself. Now, though, writing hasn't been a huge part of the NFA for a couple of years. Very few members post stories here, and even I am behind on updating the stories I'm writing simply because there doesn't seem to be much of a draw for it.

The NFA will continue until there aren't members interested in continuing it. And logically, because we've always been small, we won't last forever. That's just the way things go.

But as long as we have members interested, I hope we have a good SeSa, and PR, if you know of people you'd like to encourage to join up, please do! :yes:

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:49 pm 
Intel Analyst

I've mentioned it to a few people actually. One said she'd think about it and the others cited too busy. I don't actually have a lot of friends in the fandom so it's not that easy which is why I wondered if we could promote it at the big sites more generally.

That said, I haven't mentioned it on my dreamwith page so I could do that. Maybe someone there would see it though there doesn't seem to be a huge active NCIS fandom there but it might be worth a try.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:49 pm 
Director

I don't have many friends in the fandom, either. I'm only active here and on ff.net. :)

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:51 pm 
Director's Secretary

aboout sesa... I'm pondering. It did something for my writing muscles last time, so... maybe. probably... thanks for the nudge, PR, didn't even realize it was this thread I'd responded to earlier!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:08 am 
Director

Shay and PR, then me too I don't have many friends in fandom...in fact I don't have many friends full stop outside the web. I have Jacqui over the back but my main friends are Lori and Sazz in Australia, Sue and Linda are not really active these days, and Tazz and Miri well they have their own RL problems.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:14 am 
Senior Field Agent

The main thing I noticed is that when we lost Pam (channeld) we almost seemed to lose the heart and soul of this group, she was like the glue that held it all together. Not that the other ladies out there aren't doing a great job, but Pam seemed to be the go to person when anyone had issues or questions.

Personally, I've just been in a writing slump, took a bit last year to even get the WEE going for Briwd, which is why I didn't participate in se/sa...this year seems to be getting better, bit by bit, I just need to get my internet going again so I don't have to rely on the library or McDonalds to get wifi...my phone isn't smart enough for an app to be applied to it and won't hold a charge if it did...lol

But I agree some crossovers are great, Pat did an excellent job with the Longmire/NCIS WEE she wrote for me this year, and I think it also depends on what genre the audience is looking for.

I love how Briwd writes his ST:TNG/NCIS crossovers, easily one of the better crossovers out there in my opinion.

As for se/sa, as I'm not an admin, I can't say much but it seems that even though the numbers have dwindled, I think the stories are improving at the same time. I remember being horrified my first year because I had no idea how to write Hollis Mann, she just didn't have a lot of airtime and it was hard think about how to write a good story. Thankfully I had just started a new job, the Black Friday sales were on and that started the story, yeah another one of those by the seat of my pants stories...lol

So it's with a bit of hesitance that I signed up this year, but I am starting to look forward to the challenge once again :)

banner by Gossamer Moonglow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:23 am 
Director's Secretary

I still miss Black Swan... and we've lost others who haven't died like Ozgeek. It does make it hard. If any of you are out there lurking, please come back. We miss you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:35 am 
Director

I've heard from Oz recently (within a few months) and for her, it's just life. She has family and a job. So she doesn't have time to be here. It is too bad, but real life always has to take precedence. :yes:

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:37 am 
Director

DeepBlueJoy wrote:
I still miss Black Swan... and we've lost others who haven't died like Ozgeek. It does make it hard. If any of you are out there lurking, please come back. We miss you!

I know Gossamer has health issues and I think her dad was really sick and Micky she has real RL problems like she is going through a divorce and major surgery.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 am 
Director

Enthusiastic Fish wrote:
I've heard from Oz recently (within a few months) and for her, it's just life. She has family and a job. So she doesn't have time to be here. It is too bad, but real life always has to take precedence. :yes:

but she is OK?

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:03 am 
Director

Oh, yeah. She's fine. Just busy. From what she told me, everyone in her family is doing well, too.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:24 am 
Director's Secretary

Enthusiastic Fish wrote:

Nods. I tracked her down on another site while I was also trying to find Black Swan (they vanished around the same time) and when I found her she said as much. She's not active on that site much either, just happened to pick up my emails. Sadly, never did find any info about Black Swan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:49 pm 
Team Leader

I'm glad to know Oz is doing well and it's just Real Life getting in the way.

I wish we knew Nat was okay :-/

GNU Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:46 am 
Intel Analyst

Come on people, there needs to be more than 5 of us doing SeSa, otherwise there's not much of a 'secret'. A few more...please?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:00 pm 
MTAC Technician

Name: Andrea
Aliases: stargazer218
link: My fanfic.net Page
link: Tumblr
SeSa is so much fun you guys! It's like getting an extra Christmas present! :santa:

Speaking of member who are MIA... has anyone heard from hazelmom? I haven't seen/heard from her since we did the Nepal charity fics (In fact, I have to get the last chapter of hers up for her... epic fail on my part... :gibbssmack:).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:13 pm 
Director

fallenangel218 wrote:
SeSa is so much fun you guys! It's like getting an extra Christmas present! :santa:

Speaking of member who are MIA... has anyone heard from hazelmom? I haven't seen/heard from her since we did the Nepal charity fics (In fact, I have to get the last chapter of hers up for her... epic fail on my part... :gibbssmack:).

Nope I have her address should drop her a line

ImageImageImage