It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Discussion: Life Is Made
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:18 pm 
Director's Secretary

Name: Jennie (please NOT Jen)
link: Blog
link: First Novel
Comments, questions and suggestions here - and feel free to speculate about what might be coming down the line. ;)

Stunning banner by Rose Malmaison

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:57 am 
Mossad Liaison Officer

Name: Jennifer
Aliases: AbbySciuto2.0, CafPowisLove, singing_sleuth
:Bighug: Did you hear my squeal all the way from South Carolina? :confetti:

I know I've been dreadful about keeping up with reviews, but this made my fangirlish heart sing! *deep breath* Okay, aside from the awesomeness that is the WEDDING, I'm still loving your Jimmy/Abby, your Jack voice is excellent, and I really want to just :hug2col: Ducky.

I'm sure I'll think of more later [because I will be rereading this, probably multiple times], but for now know that this will be me for most of today: :jumpgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 am 
Director's Secretary

Oh, was that what that noise was? ;)

Thanks! I have fun writing Jack - such a distinct voice - though the same can be said for most of them. And the Ducky part was particularly close to my heart because my grandfather died earlier this year from Alzheimer's so I feel like I can understand where he comes from in some ways.

I'm *so* glad you enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:59 pm 
Mossad Liaison Officer

First, I somehow missed your reply to my earlier comment and thus didn't give you the :hug2col: you deserve, so :hug2col: again. My great-grandmother is similarly fading, so I know how deeply it sucks for all involved.
And my failed attempts to come up with a better phrasing than "sucks" further demonstrates why you are the writer between us.
On to the story: YAY for Gibbs and the boys finally getting their wires uncrossed! :bounce: And I loved that little bit of devious!Ducky towards Krone. :evillaugh: But seriously, Tony's speech at the end had me :'( . A fantastic chapter all around that almost makes up for what I spoilered myself with in your WSW thread. Which is aways off and my own fault, I know. And I have confidence that you will handle that well also.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:05 pm 
Director's Secretary

Awww... Thanks! And :hug2col: for you and your family for your great-grandmother. I thought they handled Ducky's mother's death so well on the show - it is such a different experience when the person is essentially gone before the body expires, and I think they captured that well.

I had a couple of people who were really not liking that the wires had stayed crossed this whole time - I'm really looking forward to seeing what they think tomorrow when this goes up everywhere. I've been building toward this pretty much the whole time. And Kyrie re-read the chapter last night for final editing and despite having read the chapter at least five times, she said she had tear tracks down her shirt after that section. Thanks for the vote of confidence on the upcoming roller-coaster. It's going to be a interesting ride for all involved. :haloslip:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:24 am 
Mossad Liaison Officer

I was afraid that bit had arrived. :-/ I think I ranted enough over in your WSW thread. And I am going to very, very calmly wait for the next chapter, and trust in your writing instincts and that you will resolve this relatively soon. I believe you to be occasionally evil, but not sinister in nature. :yes: *deep cleansing breath*

Naturally, if this approach fails, there will be begging, bribes, and then threats.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:10 pm 
Director

Title: Gibbs' Gal forever
Name: Patsy
Aliases: pattywatty
link: My Author Board
link: My Fanfic.net
Flag: Image
I was going to read but I just can't get into the read of it. is it locked?

ImageImageImage

sig by McMhuirich thank you

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm 
Director's Secretary

Pat: Shouldn't be, but it's also over at the story board if you're having issues with the forum. I know Jennifer got in OK.

Jennifer: Evil yes, sinister no. I didn't spend 300K words getting the guys to this point to destroy them in less than 3K. :haloslip:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:00 am 
Mossad Liaison Officer

So yes, you were totally right! Where do I start? Okay, :yay: for the boys, major points to Jimmy, Ziva sharing gets to me every. single. time, and huge :Bighug: s to Sarah. I'm getting a stalker-y vibe from Josh and if he goes there, the gang may not be responsible for their actions. :whistle:

Most of my professors made multiple versions of exams to combat cheating, so if she happens to have one of the understanding type of professors, they might let her retake it with another version. Especially since it is a smaller university and I imagine Sarah is normally a very good student, they might notice the discrepancy in her scores. But I was fortunate enough to have a lot of nice teachers and obviously YMMV.

I am also impressed with how you've managed to weave Dwayne into the events of Flesh and Blood. And I eagerly await the team's interaction with Senior in this context. :yes:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:19 am 
Director's Secretary

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! Things are definitely not over with Josh - he's not used to taking No for an answer. And lots of Senior bits coming up - at least the next four chapters deal with F&B and related fallout.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:21 am 
Probie

Just wanted to say that I reread 16 or 17-23 last night. It's gotten better since I first read it! Can't wait to see Tony and Tim finally talk; you do that so well.

Figured I should stalk you here too :) Don't you have to like have to hit a certain amount of fics or comments to get your own board here?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 am 
Director's Secretary

Stalk away! You have to have posted at least 50 times on the message boards to be a full member and have at least one chapter to post to get an author board once you're a full member. Mine's obviously incomplete - I've been procrastinating on the multi-chapter fics. :) Kyrie, as always, gets the credit for helping me improve what's there. And lots has changed since you read it - Jesse Stern totally humbled me with Enemies Domestic, so everything after the chapter I posted Saturday night has been completely reworked. HWYS moment still is the same, but how they get there, how the Mexico arc fits into the story and how things unravel after HWYS has completely changed.