All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Title: Native Nebraska NCIS fan
Name: Cookie, Lori
Aliases: tigyr
link: My Story Board stories
link: My Fanfiction.net account
Characters: Abigail "Abby" Sciuto, Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo, Jimmy Palmer, Leon Vance, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Original Character(s), Sarah McGee, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Rating: FR15
Categories: General, General > Family
Genre: Alternate Universe, Friendship, Humor, Romance, SciFi/Supernatural/Fantasy
Summary: Donny asks Tim to tell him a new story, this one featuring Ziva.

Knights of the NCIS Table: Ziva's Tale

Chapter One:

“Uncle Tim?” the little blonde haired boy looksup at his beloved uncle a question in his blue eyes. The man in question, quiet almost shy Tim McGee picks up his nephew and carries him from the kitchen to the front room. The two are spending the day together as once again Tony and Sarah are trying to find a new house.

“Yes, nephew Donny, what can I do for you?” The little boy giggles at his uncle’s phrasing. It’s one of the reasons that he loves his uncle so much. It’s not often that Donny gets to spend this much time with Tim, as Sarah usually has the day off to spend with him. A few weeks ago, Tony and Sarah decided they wanted a bigger house and so on the weekends they have off, Tim watches Donny while the other two go house hunting. As far as Tim and Donny are concerned, they get the better end of this particular deal.

“Can you tell me another story? Like the last one but this time make Aunt Ziva a really, really powerful knight. Just not as powerful as Daddy was.”

Tim says nothing as he hides his smile, then he asks, “Okay, do we need dragons and wizards again?”

The boy nods enthusiastically. “Yes please. You don’t have to put Daddy in if you don’t want to.”

“Daddy might feel left out if we don’t include him. We could make him a supporting character. That means that he’ll make at least a quick appearance, how’s that? He can be the one to give Ziva her assignment.”

“Is that what he gets to do now that Grandpa’s a bigwig?”

This time Tim does laugh. The thought of Leroy Jethro Gibbs being called a bigwig by anyone just strikes him as funny. In a way it is true, because Gibbs is the assistant director. He’d taken the position the year after Ducky died.

“Yes, in a way I guess you can say that Daddy is Ziva’s boss, just like he’s my boss.”

“You like my Daddy, huh Uncle Tim?”

“Yeah, he’s my best friend, just don’t tell him that. We don’t want him getting a big head now do we?”

“Nope.” Donny wriggles down from Tim’s arms, stopping at the couch to grab his favorite blankie and stuffed animal. Tim settles in the lay-z-boy and reaches for his nephew who snuggles close.

“Once upon a time, a long long long time ago, there lived a knight named Anton. Anton was one of the most well loved knights throughout the land, and decided that he wanted to have a contest to see if any of the knights in the realm would be worthy of marrying his sister, Abigail.”

“Aunt Abby don’t like being called Abigail.”

“I know. We all have names we don’t like.”

“I don’t like it when Mommy calls me Donald. That means I’m in trouble.”

“So word went out across the land. Soon the castle that Anton resided in was swarming with knights. Anton and Abby had talked about the games that would decide who had a chance to win Abby’s hand.

They decided on three games. Now these games were something that every knight in the realm grows up learning it was just a matter of who had the best skills. The first contest would be archery. That’s using a bow and arrow to hit a target.”

“Like Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. That’s one of Daddy’s favorite movies.”

“Yeah, it’s similar.”

The archery contest consisted of five stages. Each stage the targets were moved back another 10 feet with the starting target being 50 feet away. At the end of the archery contest the top ten archers would draw straws to see who would go first and the closest one to the bull’s-eye in the center would be the winner.”

Twenty knights stepped forward to accept the challenge. Among them, was a slim youth with long dark hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. Most of the other knights laughed at such a small fellow trying to compete with them. There were however two who did not laugh.

banner by Gossamer Moonglow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:57 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Twenty knights stepped forward to accept the challenge. Among them, was a slim youth with long dark hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. Most of the other knights laughed at such a small fellow trying to compete with them. There were however two who did not laugh.

Chapter 2:

A small hand tugs at Tim’s shirt. He looks into Donny’s blue eyes as the boy whispers, “Where’s Aunt Ziva?”

Tim smiles, “You’ve already met her. See if you can find her now.”

The youth with the long dark hair was paired up against Anton’s least favorite knight, Leonard, a tall, black skinned fellow who always had a piece of wood in his mouth. Anton was never sure what the wood was for, and the knight never said. As they prepared for the first round of archery Anton sent up a silent prayer that the dark haired youth win the round.

Five long minutes passed as the first round of archers let their arrows fly. Leonard hit just inside the bull’s-eye, but the youth next to him just smiled. His arrow flew straight and true, into the center of the target. While the targets were being reset for the rest of the archers, Anton went down to congratulate the first round’s winners and saw to his surprise that the youth was in actuality, a woman.

Now he hadn’t stipulated that the knights who participated be male, yet he was vaguely surprised to see a female in the ranks. Anton sidled up to the female and asked her who she was.

“It’s Aunt Ziva!”

The female knight smiled at the question and turned her brown gaze on Anton. “You do not remember me?”

Anton backs up in surprise, he was certain he’d never met this woman before.

“I used to play with you and your sister before my family moved away. Abby and I became blood brothers with you when we both turned eight.”

He remembers her now. She’d been a scrappy thing back then too. Always ready to attack anyone who offended her friends and family. Loyal to him and his sister until the day her family had left. He starts to give her a hug, and then remembers that most of the other knights wouldn’t know that she’s a woman. He settles for a handshake, the one that they’d practiced as kids. She laughs as she completes the routine with him.

“Is that like our secret handshake, Uncle Tim?”

Tim looks down at him and nods, “If you want it to be.”

“Yeah, that’d be way cool.”

Anton looks around to see just who all is participating in the day’s event and is mildly surprised to see King Jed walk in.

“My liege, it is an honor to see you here.”

“Pleasure is all mine, Anton. I take it that your friend Thym is doing well?”

Thym is a blue dragon that had once breathed ice instead of fire. Anton had befriended the dragon and even had the pleasure of traveling with the wyrm for several months.

“Thym’s in hibernation at the moment. I figured this would be a good way to keep him safe from hunters until he fully awakens.”

Jed nods in approval. He still wasn’t too sure what to make of the blue dragon, but trusted Anton’s instincts where the beast was concerned.

“Who is Thym?” Anton’s friend hadn’t been at King Jed’s castle when Anton, Jed, and several others had met the dragon. Anton gives her a look that silently tells her that he’ll explain the story later. She nods and holds out her hand to Jed.

“I am called Ziva. I had the pleasure of playing with Anton and Abigail when we were all small children.”

Jed shakes her hand, “I’m Jed, I --.” He’s interrupted by an excited squeal.

“Ziva, Ziva, Ziva, you’re here! Hello King Jed, have you been introduced? Come on Ziva, I have got to tell you what’s new!”

Ziva finds herself being dragged away by the over enthusiastic Abigail.

“Don’t call her that too often or she’ll bop you in the head, Uncle Tim.”

Tim smiles in memory.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:00 pm 
Senior Field Agent

Chapter 3:

The archery tournament closes and King Jed is named the winner. At the supper table that night, Leonard asks Anton what the next two contests will consist of. Anton smiles and says he’ll tell them in the morning, that for now they can just enjoy the meal, the ale, the entertainment.

Morning dawns and the knights all file out to the courtyard. They stop in confusion at the myriad of ropes, boards, and other paraphernalia that is littering the immediate area and seems to extend out to the moat. A wooden ladder is suspended between the gates that lead into the courtyard.

Another ladder is lying on the ground. Two ropes are tied parallel to each other and lead from the ground ladder to a fishing net which is propped up by several stakes. Ten feet from the net is a shallow hole measuring three feet wide by 6 feet long. The hole is filled with smoldering embers.

“Uncle Tim is Thym the dragon there too?”

“Yup, he’s the one who lit the fire.”

“Cool, is he hiding then?”

“I’m not sure, do we want him to hide or shall we keep him just out of range of everyone else?”

“Hmmm...Can we do both? Have him hide just out of sight of everyone? Have him be in the moat?”

“That’s a good possibility. He’s blue so he’d blend into the water quite well.”

Immediately following the fire pit is a similar hole filled with water. Five feet away from the water, are twenty flags representing the twenty knights that are present for the days games.

Anton leads the men out of the yard to the first ladder and demonstrates how to go through the variety of obstacles. At the end he picks up a flag that belongs to King Jed and places it in Abby’s hand. Hand over hand on the suspended ladder, stepping between the rungs of the one on the ground. Running between the ropes he drops to ground by the net and shimmies his way under it. He then jumps to his feet, runs over the burning embers and glides through the water pit. He then picks up the hourglass that is lying by her feet.

“The four knights that manage to complete the course within the hour, and place their flag in Abby’s hand will go on to the joust.”

Out of the twenty knights that start the course, two fall off the first ladder and three trip over the next ladder. Four knights manage to get caught up in the net, making the knights fall out of the competition and Anton having to reset the net for the next in line. At the ember pit, two knights burn the soles of their feet, making them unable to continue. The water trap was the worst. One knight drowned, two others almost drowned and two completely refused to even try crossing.

Of the four that crossed, one was King Jed, one was the knight known as Leonard, and Ziva proudly handed her flag to her friend. The fourth knight was a complete surprise to everyone. The knight that handed in the fourth flag was none other than— :evillaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:09 pm 
Senior Field Agent

The knight that handed in the fourth flag was none other than—

Chapter 4:

Donny wriggles in his uncle’s lap. Tim sets him down and the little boy rushes to the kitchen where he pulls out two bottles of water. Donny runs back to where Tim is, hands him the waters and then pulls himself back onto Tim’s lap.

“Good thinking Donny.”

“You’re getting to the good part; I don’t want to be interrupted.”

Tim gives his nephew a hug as he hides a smile. They both take a good long sip of their drinks and then Tim gets back into the story.

Actually, Anton isn’t sure he knows who the fourth knight is. The crest on the flag looks familiar, yet he can’t quite place it. The knight in question keeps his helm on, obscuring his face from view.

“What’s obsc-- obscr --?”

“What’s obscuring mean? It means to keep hidden or to shield.”

“Ohh, okay. It’s not Thym is it? We’re keeping him in the moat right?”

“Yep he’s still in the moat.”

The joust is the final test in gaining Abby’s hand. Anton smiles as he watches his sister interact with all the knights that are in the hall. His sister’s friendly demeanor makes her a popular figure even with the dourest of knights. She always has a smile on her face and a bounce in her step. The fact that she’s beautiful hasn’t escaped him either.

“Unnccllee Tiiiimmm! You’re dragging out the story!”

The jousting started with all four knights mounted on their favorite warhorse. As King Jed and Leonard were the first two knights to hand in their flags, they are the first to ride. The men are fairly evenly matched in height and build. Both lances were the same length and weight. It wasn’t until the third pass that King Jed managed to maneuver his horse so that Leonard’s lance broke against Jed’s shield. By unspoken agreement both men then drew their long swords. On the first pass, Leon was upset from his horse and King Jed immediately dismounted to continue their contest on foot. Forty minutes pass during the fight. Finally Jed manages to disarm his opponent leaving Leonard to fight barehanded.

Jed tosses his sword to his squire, Zavad who catches it and places it with Jed’s other equipment. The two knights square off in hand to hand combat. Leonard does his best, throwing punches and kicks, but Jed is more agile than the other man. He quickly has the black knight pinned under him.

The fight between Ziva and the fourth knight is just as exciting. While Ziva is the one to cause the mystery knight’s lance to break, she is also the one thrown from her horse. In the sword fight, Ziva is the clear winner while the mystery knight goes toe to toe with her in the hand to hand combat. It’s just bad luck on Ziva’s part that she ends up tripping and getting a fist to her jaw effectively knocking her out.

That leaves the mystery knight to face off against King Jed. Anton tells the participants that they will have one hour to prepare before the final battle. He then goes off to check on Ziva and finds that Jamie, King Jed’s wizard is there taking care of her wounds.

“Hello Anton, I was wondering how our mutual friend is doing.”

Anton smiles as he says, “Thym is in the moat, he helped create the water and fire pits that they went through earlier. He says he likes swimming in there. He’s the reason that it’s so wide. We created it with him in mind.”

“Who is Thym? You never did explain him to me.” Ziva’s softly spoken complaint makes both men turn around. Anton asks her how she’s feeling and she lightly touches her jaw line.

“Like I was punched with an iron fist.” She smiles wryly as she sits up. She extends her hand to Jamie as she introduces herself.

“I am Ziva, a friend to Anton and Abby for many years.”

Jamie blushes slightly as he shakes her hand. “I – I’m Jamie. I, I’m the mage for King Jed and his castle.”

“Nice to meet you Jamie, now who is Thym?”

Anton knows that Ziva is like a dog with a bone once she has a thought in her mind. He smiles and has the other two follow him out to a secluded area that no one else knows about. Thym is swimming in the moat, surfacing every now and then for a breath of air. Anton whistles and Thym halts his swimming. He clambers out of the moat and sits on the ground waiting for his friend to approach.

Thym waits for the others to get close before shaking the excess water from his scales. Anton affectionately growls at him while Ziva and Jamie just look on in wonder.

“Thym I’m sure that you remember Jamie, and this young person is Ziva. She grew up with me and Abby when we were all kids.”

Thym blows a gentle warming breath over the threesome drying their clothes then nods at Ziva and Jamie.

“Anton how on earth did you tame a dragon?” Ziva is in awe as she stares at Thym’s blue scales.

“I didn’t tame him; he’s a friend of mine. He came to see King Jed about a year ago, we fixed the problem he was having and became buds.”

“Buds?” The other two look from Anton to Thym in confusion.

“It means buddies or friends, pals if you will. Anton was kind enough to travel with me for several months, and I am proud to consider him my friend.”

“Just like you and Daddy are best friends in real life huh?”

“Yep, just like your daddy and I are best friends for real.”

Two unseen listeners smile at each other. Tony and Sarah had arrived home during the first part of this story, but decided not to interrupt the pair in the living room. They chose to take the baby monitor to another room while they listened to Tim weave his tale.

Anton leaves Ziva and Jamie in Thym’s company while he goes back to check on the two remaining competitors. King Jed is flexing his arms and legs, stretching muscles before they could get cold and sore again. The mystery knight is doing the same thing. Once again Anton is certain he knows who this knight is, but for the life of him cannot remember.

The time comes for the final joust between the two knights. Both are mounted once again, and Anton feels a bit of unease. The mystery knight is smaller than Jed, or so it appears. As the two knights kick their horses into a run, Anton sees a move made by the mystery knight that reminds him of someone he knew years ago. A slender youth, training with one of the truly great knights. Franks was the best swordsman in the land and had trained not only Anton but King Jed himself.

This mystery knight was Franks’ protégé. A roar from the crowd brings Anton’s gaze back to the list where the mystery knight was getting up after being unhorsed. The knight drew his sword just as King Jed charged. King Jed’s blade met the steel of the mystery knight and the two knights fought hard for another hour. Finally exhaustion or sore muscles cause the mystery knight to drop his sword.

King Jed steps back, allows the mystery knight to draw a few breaths before engaging the knight in hand to hand. Not even a full five minutes pass before the mystery knight is pinned to the ground. King Jed smiles as he extends his hand to the defeated knight. The knight accepts the hand up and finally takes off HER helm.

Anton almost falls out of his seat as he sees the blue black hair of the woman in front of him. It was Sarah, not just Franks protégé but King Jed’s adopted daughter. Jed is laughing with his daughter as they see not only Anton’s expression but that of the crowd.

“Wow, didn’t see that one coming.” Tony’s comment is met by a giggle from Sarah as she looks at his stunned expression.

Anton steps down and announces King Jed the winner of the competition and of Abby’s hand. Abby flies down the steps and hurtles into Jed’s open arms. Anton looks at Sarah and finds himself speechless. He finally congratulates her on making it to the final round.

Ziva and Jamie come around the corner and Jamie is smiling at something that Ziva has told him. Out of the corner of his eye, Anton sees Thym starting to fly off into the distance. He waves and gets a wing dipped in response.

“I didn’t know that Mommy could be a good fighter too! That was cool!” Donny hugs his Uncle Tim and upstairs two parents smile at the pleasure in their son’s voice.

“It was kinda cool that Mommy was a good fighter too. I know I appreciate her skills, even if they are with words and pen.” Tony’s smiling as he looks at his wife who narrows her eyes at him in mock annoyance.

“Surely I have more skill than that? Or have you forgotten just how we created not just Donny but this little one that’s inside me.”

Tony gulps and shakes his head no as his wife proceeds to demonstrate just what other skills she does have.

Fini-