NFA Community Forums

NCIS Fanfiction Addiction Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:09 pm 
Director

Title: DOCTOR!
Aliases: Scurvy Gums Ramona
Yea! I was hoping you'd get around to reading the end of this one sometime. I really did want to know what you thought of it. I'm so glad you liked it. I didn't feel like that nature of the story lent itself to a happily ever after ending. It needed something else tempering it. With time, Tim will be able to be happy, but not at this moment.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:54 pm 
Intel Analyst

Title: Loving Every Minute
Name: Heather
Aliases: Mike Franks
And you did a fine job portraying that.

Enjoyed it very much!

Banner Courtesy of Emy! Icon Courtesy of Emma!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:12 am 
Director

Thanks! I wonder what the reception on ff.net will be when I put it up over there. :)

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:31 am 
Intel Analyst

Name: Hey, You!
Dunno how they'll feel (that feel vs think faux dichotomy), but wow. With all the wonderful writers in the NCIS 'verse, I'll never be able to enjoy any other fanfiction nearly as much. Between all the excellent authors on this board, it's very easy to become accustomed to -- and expect -- excellence.

I don't know what to say about this story that really hasn't been said before. This was an intense piece of writing, so intense (and thoroughly thought out and depicted/illustrated) that at times it felt like we were living through it, rather than just oggling some 0s and 1s on a computer screen. I was sort of scared to read this, because the bad events, when they occurred, were so plausible that you couldn't just slough it off or find some plotholes as a defense mechanism. You treat the reader as an intelligent partner--you think through your scenarios and do not compromise on complexity or verisimilitude. And finally, although Tim pain/angst usually comes into play in your stories, nonetheless you still find a fresh vision to communicate with each story.

The characterizations, no matter what the circumstances, remain entirely, painfully plausible, as is the premise. Just because these circumstances haven't been depicted as part of the program canon, doesn't mean that they couldn't be. I could definitely see all the characters reacting as you depict (especially Tony's freak out, but also of course Tim's initiation into drugs because of his fears of disappointing his family, when family means so much to him). And the ending...yes, it seemed to hit the right note.

Um, I could go on, but let's just say I am thankful that you wrote, and completed, this story. So, thank you. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:13 am 
Director

A lot of my stories are painful, but this one (along with How the Strong Man Stumbled) is a story I figured would be difficult for some to read...and if you read some of the first comments, you'll see that I was right. I always try to be accurate in what I write. I don't want it to be simple, easy...or easily sloughed off. Fanfiction is a strange venue for it, I suppose, but I guess this is my way of casting light on dark events.

I'm so glad you like the characterizations and that you found it plausible. I always try to keep the characters in mind as I write and I want to be sure that they'll react as they would were this on the show...but in situations like this one (something that will probably never be on NCIS), it's often hard for me to know.

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you liked it.

Click for the story!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:44 pm 
Senior Field Agent

I know this is an old story, but... coming from painful experience, so very realistic. All of the characters were beautifully portrayed. As always, loved the dog. (:

- Gareth Keenan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 pm 
Director

Thanks so much, Chelsea! I never mind comments on older stories. :)

Click for the story!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10